Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 10-25-2009, 06:45 PM   #1
Ricco Suavez
Head Coach

Member Number: 7718
Default Bye Week comes at good time

With Timmons and Travis both bummed up today we get a much needed week off.
Does anyone still think Troy is not quite 100%, does not seem to be flying all over the field yet. I also think our young guys need a couple of good weeks of Tomlin coaching them up. We have now won 4 in a row but I just do not get the feeling that this team has momentum yet, which could be a good thing. Just think our boys have worked their way from 1-2 to 5-2 and in my opinion they have not even begun to peak. Sure BB is throwing tons of yards, Mendy had a couple of good games, and the defense has been there but some 4th quarter let downs have haunted them. If this team gets to clicking it could be lights out the rest of the way.
Ricco Suavez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 07:16 PM   #2
Steel_Bus_24
Team President

Member Number: 2886
Default Re: Bye Week comes at good time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricco Suavez View Post
With Timmons and Travis both bummed up today we get a much needed week off.
Does anyone still think Troy is not quite 100%, does not seem to be flying all over the field yet. I also think our young guys need a couple of good weeks of Tomlin coaching them up. We have now won 4 in a row but I just do not get the feeling that this team has momentum yet, which could be a good thing. Just think our boys have worked their way from 1-2 to 5-2 and in my opinion they have not even begun to peak. Sure BB is throwing tons of yards, Mendy had a couple of good games, and the defense has been there but some 4th quarter let downs have haunted them. If this team gets to clicking it could be lights out the rest of the way.
yeah we needed this bye big time....though the schedule won't be much of a friend after

I swear Cincy, gets to play us on short weeks more then any other team out there

Troy looked like he was slowly starting to find his legs, He looked petty darn good penetrating some of APs runs

Also Known as SteelerSpartan

Last edited by Steel_Bus_24; 10-25-2009 at 07:40 PM.
Steel_Bus_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 07:39 PM   #3
sharkweek
Head Coach

Member Number: 14205

Before the injury Troy looked like he was going to have a monster of a season that would guarantee him a spot in the HOF, and that was just based on ~1 half of play vs. the Titans.

His play now has gone from godly to above average, even playing recovering from a serious injury hes still definitely one of our best players on D.
sharkweek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 07:43 PM   #4
steelwalls
Starter

Member Number: 13927

I agree I said that as soon as the details of Troy's injuries came out. It is good timeing IMO
Old 10-25-2009, 08:13 PM   #5
SteelC7
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 14419

glad we have the week off, ill miss watchin em tho, and the next time we see them, it will be in denver, thats another scary game, but if that game is anything like this game, ill take it
SteelC7 is offline   Reply With Quote