Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 10-26-2009, 05:11 PM   #1
redundantman
Water Boy

Member Number: 2354
Default Redundant Thought Week 7 2009 – Vikings

1. Tuned in just after the Vikings scored their first TD. Having women in your life means you are never on time anywhere for anything ever.

2. It was a game of big plays and I am shocked that the Steelers managed to make enough of them to win. When the Vikings were driving there at the end I had no faith that the defense would stop them or do anything other than let them score. Wistfully I recalled how last year the defense would step up and make a play … but alas I knew that wasn’t last year. And then Fox picked that “airborne fumble” out of the air and shades of 2008 danced before my eyes.

3. Who was the mafia boss jogging onto the sidelines with Favre at the half? Sunglasses, earpiece and suit … does Brett have a bodyguard?

4. Yeah this win feels good. But he’s some pee for your Cheerios … The Steelers had 35 yards of offense on the first 5 drives. 35 yards.

5. Mendenhall might have the dropsies but he was running well in that game. It looks like the Steelers have a keeper if they get him a handle for that ball.

6. COME ON! How is that ahole not kicked out of the game?!?!!? The Viking defensive player led with his helmet, hitting Ben out of bounds! He should be ejected. Defensive players get flagged for looking at the QB the wrong way.

7. Terrible Steelers offense. Is the Vikes’ defense that good or is the Steelers’ offense that bad?

8. Impressive goal-line stand for the Steelers after choking up that 4th and 1.

9. Favre hangs Percy Harvin out to dry and Ryan Clark makes him pay for it. But hey, at least Favre showboats his way down the field. You could hear Moose Johnson putting on his Chapstick for Brett all game long. What a bunch of ninnies.

10. And now it’s the fourth quarter so the Steelers D is already in the locker room I assume? [note: I’ve never been so glad to be wrong]

11. The DEFENSE FINALLY MAKES A PLAY!! WOODLEY!

12. Jeff Reed, I distinctly recall Norm Johnson laying a form tackle on an opposing player attempting to run one of his kicks back during a game … Greg Lloyd came over after the play and wiped some of the blood off his arm onto Norm’s jersey in tribute. Jeff Reed, you are no Norm Johnson.

13. Delay of game DEFENSE?! BTW, Tony Siragusa sure has a nice rack doesn’t he?

14. Notice it was Mewelde Moore on the final drive … not “Dropsy” Mendenhall.

15. Yeah, Gay got run over by Adrian Peterson but that’s going to happen to you occasionally. Looks like he was falling backward before Peterson ever got to him.

16. Fox was in the game because Timmons went down. I wonder if Timmons would have been in place on that play?

17. Nice way to end the game … Harrison sacks Favre … Hey maybe Favre is hurt?!?!? Oh please, please, please, please, please … ah nuts. Can you imagine how suicidal the Fox TV execs would have been had Favre gone down before his big return to Lambeau?

18. This game had it all … big plays, lead changes … staunch defense … Crappy officiating … Brett Favre … Should be an instant classic by all measures.

19. I find it significant that on an afternoon when the ghosts of 2008 made an appearance that so did LaMarr Woodley. For the Steelers to repeat they need their defense to be as huge as they were last year. And for the defense to be huge they need their huge players: Harrison, Polamalu and Woodley. With Aaron Smith gone for the year LaMarr Woodley must step up and make a play. And if Keyaron Fox wants Timmons job it’s his for the taking.
redundantman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 06:26 PM   #2
The Lakelander
Starter

Member Number: 1503
Default Re: Redundant Thought Week 7 2009 – Vikings

Nice read. I enjoyed it.
The Lakelander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 06:39 PM   #3
43Hitman
BACON!!
Supporter

Member Number: 1251
My Mood: Cool

Very good read. Thanks for these, I look forward to reading them.

"Football is a physical game, or at least it used to be" -Mel Blount
43Hitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 06:51 PM   #4
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 9,651 Times in 4,009 Posts

Quote:
3. Who was the mafia boss jogging onto the sidelines with Favre at the half? Sunglasses, earpiece and suit … does Brett have a bodyguard?
Secret Service.

brett favre

Quote:

16. Fox was in the game because Timmons went down. I wonder if Timmons would have been in place on that play?
hmmm... scary thought. i wouldnt want to roll the dice to find out.
Old 10-26-2009, 06:57 PM   #5
pepsyman1
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 10824
Lightbulb Re: Redundant Thought Week 7 2009 – Vikings

There was one thing that really stood out to me during the game. Both these teams have fundamentally very good defenses, but the Steelers should pay attention to the approach the Vikings defense started with (and thankfully switched away from during parts of the game). Other than a couple of big plays when the Vikings went softer on their coverages, our wide receivers were barely heard from for most of the game. The Vikes played most of the game with their cornerbacks MUCH closer to the line of scrimmage than our guys usually are. Coupled with their pass rush, they made it very difficult for Ben to find some of the plays he's been making consistently this season. I wish we would use that approach a little more often. There are plenty of times that our pass rush is RIGHT THERE about to get a sack and the QB dumps a short pass to a WR because our corners start SO far away. How many times did Favre hit those quick WR screens early in the game (uncontested most of the time) and we struggled with the same play because our guys had someone right in their face from the get go?
pepsyman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 11:23 PM   #6
BuckeyeSteel
Water Boy

Member Number: 7935

Quote:
Originally Posted by redundantman View Post

2. When the Vikings were driving there at the end I had no faith that the defense would stop them or do anything other than let them score.

14. Notice it was Mewelde Moore on the final drive … not “Dropsy” Mendenhall.

2. I was thinking the same thing. I started the "Oh, crap here we go again." "We won't have enough time for Ben to get back on the field." "Blah, Blah, Blah...." Then I hear my 10 yr old daughter from the other room, "Um, dad we still have a defence." Nothing like being humble by your kid.

14. We were in the no hudle/hurry up. MM is the back in those sets.

16. I thought the same thing.
BuckeyeSteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 09:32 AM   #7
redundantman
Water Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lakelander View Post
Nice read. I enjoyed it.
Thank you. I try.
Old 10-27-2009, 09:39 AM   #8
CanadianSteel
Team Captain

Member Number: 6555

I always enjoy the Redumdantman's comments as well.... just so you know...
CanadianSteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 09:45 AM   #9
redundantman
Water Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 43Hitman View Post
Again thanks. I enjoy putting them together.
Old 10-27-2009, 09:46 AM   #10
stillers4me
Living Legend

Member Number: 2656

Quote:
Originally Posted by 43Hitman View Post
As do I.

I said, to my hubby after the game, "This is starting to look more and more like last year. Each week, someone unexpected steps up a makes a big play to turn the game around." I'll take it.
"We're not going to turn our backs on him," Ward said. "We're going to treat him like our brother. We're going to accept him back and be very supportive of him and help him get through this. In this locker room, he's still our quarterback."
stillers4me is offline   Reply With Quote