Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 10-27-2009, 12:44 AM   #1
mesaSteeler
A Son of Martha
Supporter

Member Number: 10438
Default Steelers Woodley: My return's better because I juked the guy

Steelers Woodley: My return better because I juked the guy
October 26, 5:55 AMPittsburgh Sports Examiner
Matt Pawlikowski
http://www.examiner.com/x-2703-Pitts...-juked-the-guy

PITTSBURGH – LaMarr Woodley was all smiles as he fielded questions in the lockers after the Steelers 27-17 win over the Vikings.

The biggest of course was about his 77-yard fumble return of Brett Favre’s miscue for a touchdown late in the fourth quarter. It came after Brett Keisel sacked Favre and tomahawk chopped the ball out of his hands.

Asked to describe it in his own words, here’s Woodley’s take on the score.

“Loose ball on the ground, pick it up or fall on it,” he said. ‘ So I was like Woodley pick it up, see what you can do with it. So I picked it up, stiff armed a guy and saw my teammates coming and they were throwing blocks for me. I looked to the left and saw an offensive lineman coming and I said I can’t let this guy catch me of all people. My team kept blocking for me, I got in the endzone and thought about doing a dance, but my legs wouldn’t let me.”

While many compared it to James Harrison’s interception return in Super Bowl XLIII, Woodley who threw a key block on that return, said unlike Silverback, he wasn’t out of breath by the 30 yard line.

“ Ohhh no,” Woodley said with a huge laugh. “I didn’t feel it until I got in. The thing that was going through my head was legs, don’t fail me, get me into the endzone, don’t fall off.”

Not long after though, it was another one of the Steeler linebacking corps time to shine, as Keyaron Fox, filling in for Lawrence Timmons, picked off Favre and returned it for a touchdown. Asked whose was the better of the two, Woodley of course said his.

“ Mine was because I juked him,” Woodley said. “He only had one person to juke, I had a few people juke and stiff armed them.”

The interesting thing was that while most players would be estatic about having a play like Woodley’s against a legend like Favre, Woodley was not. Instead it was all about doing it for the team.

“If it was against anybody, it is special, I don’t care who is on the other side of the ball,” Woodley said. “ It’s special because it helps the team win. He’s a legend, but It didn’t matter to me.”

Steeler coach Mike Tomlin called bth the returns on of the joys of the business.

"It's one of those slow motion moments that is a joy in this business," Tomlin said. " You do it enough, you end up on both ends of it. I think we had a few balls run back on us this year, its good to be on the good side of it."

Woodley said the most important thing wasn’t so much his score, but the fact the defense was finally able to close out a close football game.

“All year we hadn’t been finishing,” Woodley said. “ So the thing was to finally go out here and make a stand, and we lost a few games because the defense didn’t make a stand, so our thing was that if our offense put enough points on the board to go out there as a defense and do just that.”
mesaSteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 04:54 AM   #2
Galax Steeler
The Virginia Hillbilly
Supporter

Member Number: 3287
Thanked 3,730 Times in 1,578 Posts
My Mood: Lurking
Default Re: Steelers Woodley: My return's better because I juked the guy

It seems like Woodley is starting to come around this year. He is making his presence known in the backfield more. He would have had a clean hit on Farve on that one play if Farve had not seen him at the last second and side stepped him. He will get his share of sacks before long.
Old 10-27-2009, 05:29 AM   #3
Steelers & I
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 10560

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galax Steeler View Post
It seems like Woodley is starting to come around this year. He is making his presence known in the backfield more. He would have had a clean hit on Farve on that one play if Farve had not seen him at the last second and side stepped him. He will get his share of sacks before long.

Steelers & I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 05:56 AM   #4
Galax Steeler
The Virginia Hillbilly
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelers & I View Post
Sorry to confuse you but Woodley has been somewhat quiet this year. I was trying to state he is starting to make his presence known more in pressuring the quarterback. He almost sacked Farve when Farve seen him at the last second and side stepped him. I am trying to say that Woodley will get his share of sacks this year. Sorry for the confusion.
Old 10-27-2009, 06:31 AM   #5
Steelers & I
Banned
Supporter

Quote:
Sorry to confuse you but Woodley has been somewhat quiet this year. I was trying to state he is starting to make his presence known more in pressuring the quarterback. He almost sacked Farve when Farve seen him at the last second and side stepped him. I am trying to say that Woodley will get his share of sacks this year. Sorry for the confusion.
I got it. Sorry about the confusion, I thought that you were saying that "career wise", Woodley was coming around this year. I understand now.
Old 10-27-2009, 09:27 AM   #6
KeiselPower99
Living Legend

Member Number: 8552

Woodley is top 5 OLB in the league right now. He can do anything that they ask him to do.
Old 10-27-2009, 09:30 AM   #7
SteelersinCA
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 9302

I love Woodley and I'm glad to see he's getting more heat on the QB.
SteelersinCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 04:18 PM   #8
Galax Steeler
The Virginia Hillbilly
Supporter

Quote:
I got it. Sorry about the confusion, I thought that you were saying that "career wise", Woodley was coming around this year. I understand now.
Its ok, sometimes I don't word things the way they should be. I am for sure not a writer but I give it a try every now and then.
Old 10-28-2009, 12:01 AM   #9
Steelers & I
Banned
Supporter

Quote:
Its ok, sometimes I don't word things the way they should be. I am for sure not a writer but I give it a try every now and then.

I think that's the case for just about all of us.
Old 10-28-2009, 12:26 AM   #10
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

Quote:
Quote:
I think that's the case for just about all of us.
Well, if the last "writer" on the forum was any example, you both could be Pulitzer Prize winners!
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote