Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Bucs

Old 10-27-2009, 09:25 AM   #1
BlastFurnace
Living Legend

Member Number: 6321
Default Does anybody else have a spouse that despises Game Day's?

Admittedly, I have a great marriage.....but there is one thing that my wife absolutely hates and that is Sunday's when I am watching a Steelers game. That being said....I don't cuss, throw things, or treat my family like dirt during the game...and I don't just sit around doing nothing...I fold laundry during games, clean the kitchen after the Sunday meal, vacuum, etc. I will yell at the TV from time to time, and cheer very loudly when the Steelers are doing well. If anything, I display more emotion in what I say on the Gameday Thread on this message board than I outwardly do around my own family.

My wife hates this...I mean absolutely hates it. Says the neighbors are probably going to complain eventually....though I highly doubt that. I don't like going to sports bars, so I pay for the NFL Ticket every year so that I can watch it in my own home.

If anyone else has this dilemma....how do you deal with it.?

Last edited by BlastFurnace; 10-27-2009 at 03:46 PM.
BlastFurnace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 09:38 AM   #2
Pittsky
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 10024
Default Re: Does anybody else have a spouse that despises Game Day's?

no problems at my house...i usually have 1 or 2 couples over and we cookout (jags and bears fans)...i have sunday ticket as well and i converted my GF from a Giants fan to a Steelers fan...she grew up in a NY household......just recently took her to her first nfl game. she loved it.

if your wife isn't into it, she isn't into it...not much you can do...but if you haven't tried yet, try including her somehow...she might feel left out... who knows?
Old 10-27-2009, 10:48 AM   #3
vasteeler
Team President

Member Number: 3341
Thanked 1,139 Times in 448 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

my wife hates football and hates the fact that on sundays i watch football but she deals with it pretty well. she even rips into me when we loose. for example after the bengals loss she told me " dont be upset honey its not your fault your team is a bunch of incompetent pussies" all i could do was
vasteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 11:07 AM   #4
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363

My wife is a Colts fan but dons the Black & Gold during the playoffs and Super Bowls to support me.
Every week she makes sure I have all the fixen's for me to make my "sub-sammich's" with chips and dip, and she knows to give me an hour or two to get over a loss.
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 11:23 AM   #5
KeiselPower99
Living Legend

Member Number: 8552

My wife has no problems watching the Steelers or the Mountaineers. Its the other games she dont like to watch.
Old 10-27-2009, 11:25 AM   #6
SCSTILLER
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 4202

My wife likes gamedays, she actually dreads the offseason. She doesn't like me to help her clean (bonus) and she cleans on Sundays, so if it is football season I am off to my friends house or the Steelers bar down the road. It is a nice agreement that we have going, I am the chef she is the cleaner. If it is a big game she will even drop me off at said house/bar and pick me up afterwards just in case. Now during the offseason I have to find a way to be gone, usually hit the bike or go for a run, but it is easier to just go watch the game.
Old 10-27-2009, 11:32 AM   #7
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Member Number: 6891

My wife goes out of her way to show me love on Gameday. Usually I get a nice large breakfast, the remote is waiting for me when I get to the living room. Then she always has some type of lunch ready for the game and will watch most of the game with me if it isn't one of those nail biter games. Those make her nuts so she has to cover her eyes or find something to distract her. For big games whe wears either her Bettis Jersey or even the Mean Joe Greene throwback jersey.

She's great on game day. The only thing that I think bothers her is the other football I watch, like every college game, every other NFL game, every highlight of every game for days leading up to the next weekend (starts Thursday with College Football) I think that taxes her but she puts up with me.

I think I'll keep her !!!
Old 10-27-2009, 12:50 PM   #8
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398

My wife despised sports when I met her. There wasn't an ounce of caring for sports in her bones and although the amount of sports in her bones now is minimal, she still despises game days, hates football on TV, hates when sports interrupts what she wants to watch, etc.

Once a month she gets a reprieve from my fanaticism and I go to the bar and watch the game with the fan club. However, that doesn't include anytime the Steelers are on Prime Time and that's when she gets a bit frustrated.

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 12:51 PM   #9
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino 6 Rings View Post
My wife goes out of her way to show me love on Gameday. Usually I get a nice large breakfast, the remote is waiting for me when I get to the living room. Then she always has some type of lunch ready for the game and will watch most of the game with me if it isn't one of those nail biter games. Those make her nuts so she has to cover her eyes or find something to distract her. For big games whe wears either her Bettis Jersey or even the Mean Joe Greene throwback jersey.

She's great on game day. The only thing that I think bothers her is the other football I watch, like every college game, every other NFL game, every highlight of every game for days leading up to the next weekend (starts Thursday with College Football) I think that taxes her but she puts up with me.

I think I'll keep her !!!
Would she like to start a week long retreat for other spouses to learn such greatness?

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 01:17 PM   #10
Hammer Of The GODS
Starter
Supporter

Member Number: 8148

My wife hated football season too........ so I got rid of that bitch. (she is the spawn of satan)

I found a girl who not only supports my love of the Steelers but goes out of her way to get me tickets to at least one game a year and showers me with Steeler gear every chance she gets.

It never ceases to amaze me that women like us so much they want to marry us, then after the shackles are on they commence the "changing". WTF?