Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 10-28-2009, 09:11 AM   #1
gameface75
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 14591
Default Real Steelers

Now that we have a bye week,It is a good time for the coaching staff to get back to the things the steelers are known for ie.,hard nosed blue collar football! When we make plays ,instead of waiting for the ball to bounce our way.Go extremely aggressive on defense,and somebody please tell Big Ben to stop with the pump fake and just throw the damn football.
gameface75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 09:19 AM   #2
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413
Default Re: Real Steelers

Quote:
Originally Posted by gameface75 View Post
When we make plays ,instead of waiting for the ball to bounce our way.Go extremely aggressive on defense,
I'd like to see the D become a lot more aggressive by forcing fumbles and knocking opposing QB's dooks in the dirt more often. Maybe they should try the "stand up and strip" technique that seems to be ever so popular in the NFL this season.

Quote:
and somebody please tell Big Ben to stop with the pump fake and just throw the damn football.
I take issue with that statement, as most of the time Ben has pump faked thus far this season, he has been successful in fooling the LB's and secondary and giving his receivers time to get open. I have absolutely no problem with the pump fake as long as a sack doesn't come along with it on a regular basis.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 09:26 AM   #3
CanadianSteel
Team Captain

Member Number: 6555

Ya agree with Hometown.... the pump fake is one of Ben's biggest weapons, wpecially with the way he can bye time in the pocket.... he often moves "D" players one way while throwing to another spot...
CanadianSteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 09:32 AM   #4
The_WARDen
Head Coach

Member Number: 7628

Yes, I agree. Let's get back to running Mendenhall into the line 30+ times for 2 yards a carry and throw on 3rd down followed by a punt.

Bring back the glory days of no Super Bowls!
After reading the idiotic threads over the past couple of weeks, I ask the question - "Who is worse...Steeler fans or Eagles fans?" Keep in mind that Eagle fans do not know what it's like to win a SB much less 6 and 2 this decade.
The_WARDen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 09:45 AM   #5
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550

Quote:
Now that we have a bye week,It is a good time for the coaching staff to get back to the things the steelers are known for ie.,hard nosed blue collar football! When we make plays ,instead of waiting for the ball to bounce our way.Go extremely aggressive on defense,and somebody please tell Big Ben to stop with the pump fake and just throw the damn football.
Ben is one of the best in the league at the pump fake. Why in the world would you want him to not use a weapon like that? Oh yeah, the argument that he holds the ball too long. I agree he does at times, but at the same time, he continually makes play after play. Ben is what he is, man - time to accept it and move on. We could have a guy like Derek Anderson as our QB, you know.

I agree with the hard-nosed football part, though. Tough defense and a balanced offense (which means more passing, sorry to inform you).
Old 10-28-2009, 09:54 AM   #6
Nadroj 20
Team President

Member Number: 14045

Quote:
Dude is pump fake is deadly, it moves defenders around and he has used it to his advantage many times, why would you want him to stop???
Nadroj 20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 10:15 AM   #7
SteelMember
Team Owner

Member Number: 8745

Gotta agree with the others here. The pump fake is a big part of Ben's game, and he has success with it. Something that shows his maturing as a QB. (understanding defensive coverages)

If there were anything that I'd say I'd like to see him change, it would be to take the check downs more often. Big plays are great, but the short ones can move the chains.
Another thing might be to get on his horse and take some yards with his feet. Sometimes he looks so long that the first down line is within walking distance. I realize he dosen't have great speed, and it takes a little while to get that load going, but this used to be a part of his game he seems to have got away form.

"Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll
SteelMember is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 10:29 AM   #8
vasteeler
Team President

Member Number: 3341
Thanked 1,198 Times in 476 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
did you mind it in the super bowl ?
vasteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 10:40 AM   #9
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984
Thanked 1,409 Times in 510 Posts

fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 10:43 AM   #10
arge5809
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 13245

I don't care what it takes for the Steelers to win the game.... just so they win. If we have to run the ball 30+ times to win then so be it, but by the same point if we have to throw it 30+ times then so be it.

How many games did we lose because we had to do it " the Steelers way" and run, run, run the ball followed buy a punt.

When the team had one of the BEST quarterbacks in the league you may have to play to his strengths (ie: pass) to win the game! And if the Defense steps in and wins the game then that is just as good, because we do have one of the best defenses and defensive coordinators in the league.

I get tired of hearing boo-hoo we're not playing Steelers football by passing the ball, and it's __________ (place name of coordinator/ coach/ player in the space) fault that we lost. We should support our team positively every game regardless if they win or lose. We should be glad as fans that we have the Steelers to cheer for, we could have the Browns, Raiders, Rams, Lions, etc. as our team.

And most important, we HAVE SIX LOMBARDI TROPHIES!!!!!!

Last edited by arge5809; 10-28-2009 at 10:44 AM. Reason: spelling
arge5809 is offline   Reply With Quote