Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS

Old 10-29-2009, 07:10 PM   #1
Steelboy84
Banned

Member Number: 13983
Default There was a girl in California that was raped and apparently people just.............

stood by and did nothing.

3 arrested in Calif. in alleged gang rape of girl

By TERRY COLLINS, Associated Press Writer Terry Collins, Associated Press Writer Wed Oct 28, 12:08 pm ET

RICHMOND, Calif. Three more people have been arrested in connection with the gang rape and beating of a 15-year-old girl outside her high school homecoming dance in an attack that has generated widespread outrage.

A man and two boys were arrested late Tuesday, including 21-year-old Salvador Rodriguez of Richmond, Calif., and two teens, 16 and 17. They were each booked on one count of gang rape and likely face other charges including robbery and kidnapping.

"These are people who played a significant role in the incident," Richmond Police Lt. Mark Gagan said Wednesday. "I'm confident that more arrests will be made."

The arrests bring to five the number of people taken into custody in the attack that occurred Saturday night at Richmond High School, located in the San Francisco Bay area. The attacks and its aftermath have rattled Richmond, Calif., a crime-ridden city of about 120,000 in the San Francisco Bay Area.

Police believe as many as 10 people ranging in age from 15 to mid-20s attacked the girl for more than two hours at a dimly lit area near benches Saturday night. As many as two dozen people saw the rape without notifying police.

The victim, a sophomore, had left the dance and was drinking alcohol in a school courtyard with a group when she was attacked, police said.

Officers found the girl semiconscious and naked from the waist down near a picnic table. She remains hospitalized with non-life threatening injuries.

Police also hope a $20,000 reward will bring more people forward with any information.

Gagan said the girl left the dance and was walking to meet her father for a ride home when a classmate invited her to join a group drinking in the courtyard. The girl had consumed a large amount of alcohol by the time the assault began, police said. Gagan said the girl's father tried to call her cell phone, but no one answered.

Police received a tip about a possible assault on campus from a young woman, a former student, who heard two males bragging about it.

The victim was found nearly an hour after the dance had ended.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091028/...ming_gang_rape

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/10/28/...ion/index.html

http://news.aol.com/article/girl-gan...ifornia/737436

This is so sad. I'm not sure if anyone heard about this or not.
Steelboy84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 07:14 PM   #2
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541
Default Re: There was a girl in California that was raped and apparently people just.........

I heard about it, and those kids are what give us high schoolers a Bad name.

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 07:16 PM   #3
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 7,041 Times in 3,058 Posts
Default Re: There was a girl in California that was raped and apparently people just.........

"nothing to see here.... move along"

more media agenda? perhaps it was just staged to sell papers. (sarcasm smiley anyone?)
Old 10-29-2009, 07:16 PM   #4
hindes204
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 7614

I hope everyone involved goes away for a long long long long time
Old 10-29-2009, 08:19 PM   #5
GBMelBlount
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 5140
Thanked 2,067 Times in 946 Posts

How absolutely devastating & tragic.

Having a 9 year old daughter I can honestly say this is the stuff that really scares you as a parent.

Don't worry 786. I don't think anyone feels that all high school kids are this way.

Quote:
Police believe as many as 10 people ranging in age from 15 to mid-20s attacked the girl for more than two hours
sounds like it may have been some "homeys" out for a good time?

I hope they lock them up for a long time, including the minors

~ 3 Doors Down

GBMelBlount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 08:29 PM   #6
devilsdancefloor
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 10172

thsi si very tragic indeed and honestly a parents worst nightmare it hits home pretty hard i have a 18 & 20 yr old daughters. I hope they dont make long and painful for them

I believe that today more than ever a book should be sought after even if it has only one great page in it. We must search for fragments, splinters, toenails, anything that has ore in it, anything that is capable of resuscitating the body and the soul.

devilsdancefloor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 08:35 PM   #7
Polamalu Princess
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 7120

This is so sad and just sickening. I pray for her and her family.
Old 10-29-2009, 09:26 PM   #8
tony hipchest

have no [irrational] fear parents! according to m. chricton, evens, and a local cop who went on to work with the fbi only to return and teach at a college, this stuff happened much more in the past and we just didnt hear about it.

kids attend tens of thousands of dances and other social events every year, and only a few hundred (or unreported thousands) of rapes like this occur. odds say your children are safe. dont be ignorant.

the media...

only reports this to...

because they want to.....

to push the agenda of....

so it will serve their purpose of....

(sarcasm smiley anyone?)

if these crimes have indeed decreased in the past 50 years, i guess we can thank the media for public awareness that cause parents to be more cautious and take preventative measures.

then again, back in the "good ol days", a crime like this would be looked at as a case of "boys being boys" and havin a little fun with a girl who wanted and deserved what she got, anyways.

its a shame, but i expect the typical "she was wearing a short skirt", blame the victim defense in this case.
Old 10-29-2009, 09:35 PM   #9
tony hipchest

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBMelBlount View Post
sounds like it may have been some "homeys" out for a good time?

homeys in quotes, huh? do you mean like homey the clown? maybe a play on the term homeboys?

what exactly do you mean when you "quote" a popular pop culture term originated from afro-american lingo?

is your use of "homey" just a subtle way of dropping the n-bomb w/o actually dropping the n-bomb?

just wondering.... with all the hate speech youve recently spewed and all....
Old 10-29-2009, 10:19 PM   #10
cubanstogie
Head Coach

Member Number: 3082

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post

homeys in quotes, huh? do you mean like homey the clown? maybe a play on the term homeboys?

what exactly do you mean when you "quote" a popular pop culture term originated from afro-american lingo?

is your use of "homey" just a subtle way of dropping the n-bomb w/o actually dropping the n-bomb?

just wondering.... with all the hate speech youve recently spewed and all....
Tony, your psych meds need adjusting. Pretty much 90 percent of those who live in Richmond are homey's, I don't see how that is hate speech. You may as well volunteer for the ACLU.
cubanstogie is offline   Reply With Quote