Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Sports Dimension

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 03-13-2010, 11:33 PM   #61
steelerdude15
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 15774
Default Re: College Basketball 2009-2010

I honestly feel that next year, Pitt will be better and do better. I hope they win the Big East next year.
steelerdude15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 11:41 PM   #62
Nadroj 20
Team President

Member Number: 14045

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerdude15 View Post
I honestly feel that next year, Pitt will be better and do better. I hope they win the Big East next year.
Oh for sure man....i was impressed this year with everyone they lost i though this year would be a rebuilding year but they did great and they are only losing dixon for next year....they will be tough im sure
Nadroj 20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 11:50 PM   #63
steelerdude15
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 15774

Quote:
Oh for sure man....i was impressed this year with everyone they lost i though this year would be a rebuilding year but they did great and they are only losing dixon for next year....they will be tough im sure
The team will have more experience and will be ready to fight back. I'm really glad of what Jamie Dixon has done for the Panthers. I also like Ashton Gibbs, he's going to make a great NBA player IMO. My favorite player is center Gary McGhee and he's returning next year.
steelerdude15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 12:43 PM   #64
T&B fan
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 9959

next yr hell the NCAA 's are just getting started . that was just the big east doing what it always do knocking each other out .. BE gets 8 teams in, 4 sweet16's , and 2 in the last game .....
Old 03-15-2010, 08:51 PM   #65
Nadroj 20
Team President

For those who care I am going to brake down the NCAA bracket the way i see it playing out (my predictions)....Let me know what you think, a love picking upsets but i usually have decent reason behind them, but I do think this year is the best year to pick upsets because of the weak at large field....

All projections are based on what I have read, teams I have watched, my opinions, and sometimes educated guesses lol

NOTE: To understand everything it will probably be best if you have a bracker sitting next to you to refer to while reading this.

Midwest Region

#1 overall seed Kansas probably has the toughest road to get to the final 4 out of this region which i find odd since they are techinally the #1 seed in the whole tournament and who i think is the best team in the country. This is the only part of the bracket in which i have no upsets happening so all of the higher seeds i have moving on......

so that leaves Kansas vs UNLV, Michigan St. vs. Maryland, Tennessee vs. Georgetown, and Oklahoma St. vs. Ohio St.

In those games I advance the favorite Kansas, then Maryland, GT, and Ohio State....so that leaves

Kansas vs. Maryland and Ohio State vs GT

I like Maryland because of Vasquez but I do not think he is good enough to carry the team over Kansas....in my opinion Kansas has the least amount of problems/ Questions that the other #1 seeds have They advance in my bracket

Next OSU vs. Georgetown, in my opinion Freeman is a big gaurd that could cause some problems for the buckeyes especially if turner gets into foul trouble....If he keeps his fouls down the game stays close BUT The biggest issue/question that I have is who will guard Greg Monroe? at 6'10" he is the best passer in the country for his size and he has driving ability...Lauderdale going to gaurd him? Madsen? I dont think so, this is were only being 6 or so deep for the buckeyes hurt them....GT advances.

Kansas vs. GT

Im sticking with the team I feel is the best in the tourney...Kansas wins the Midwest region.

West Region

Ok this is where my crazy upsets begin to happen, all of the favorites win the first games EXCEPT I have UTEP beating Butler and Murray St. beating Vandy. Yep...i do. Why? UTEP has a great guard in Culpepper and a good post presence in Character, making a really good inside out tandem..I know Butler hasnt lost in like 2 months but UTEP is tough and is also one of the favorite upsets of the tournament and Im jumping on it too.

Murray State is not as common, I decided that one myself.....They have 6 players all scoring about 10 a game, they are consistent and I dont think Vandy is....also no matter who wins I have UTEP going to the sweet 16, so i thought why not try for an upset? especially when its not absolutely out of the question of happening.

So like i said UTEP in sweet 16 vs Syracuse, and also Pittsburgh vs. Kansas St.

UTEP's run ends to syracuse and sadly i go against my panthers and advance K State

My West region winner is...........Syracuse.....that 2-3 zone is a killer BUT if they werent to get to the final 4, it could be due to losing Onuaku so watch for that.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
EAST and SOUTH coming in a little while.
Old 03-15-2010, 09:17 PM   #66
Nadroj 20
Team President

Ok Time for the other 32 teams on the other side of the bracket starting with the

East Region

Ok, of course i have Kentucky winning game 1 along with Texas......now time for another upset! CORNELL beats Temple, Temple feels like they should have been like a 3 seed, but Cornell also feels like they should have gotten a better seed. When it comes down to it my choice is based on Ryan Whitman sharp shooter from Cornell, i think he makes the difference along with their 7 footer Foote and Cornell knocks off Temple.

Wisconson, Marquette, New Mexico, Clemson and WVU all advance from their first games too.

One of them i want to talk about is the Marquette Washington match up...um Big East vs. Pac-10.....nuff said imo

so that leaves Kentucky vs. Texas, Cornell vs. Wisconsin, Marquette vs. NM, and Clemson vs. WVU

I advance Kentucky and WVU of course then stick with my darkhourse Cornell (i have been on their bandwagon since mid season and im not jumping off now) and Marquette who i think is an underrated team coming out of the big east to end NM tourney leaving.....

Kentucky vs. Cornell and Marquette vs. WVU for the sweet 16 games.

This is the game i get off the cornell train and come back to my senses and take Kentucky and also i pick WVU

Kentucky vs. WVU

I am not as high on Kentucky as many others seem to be....why? youth....They are good but young and i think WVU is a smarter basketball team so i go with...

WVU as the East winner.

South

This is the part of the bracket that will make me look like a genious or an idiot.

All favorites win first game EXCEPT louisville and Siena (purdue is just terrible now imo) move on too

I have duke moving to sweet 16 and A&M and Baylor...

Now i have Richmond beating VIllanova......yea i know it could be a stretch but Nova has lost 5 of 7 and Richmond's Defense is tough.....im going with the upset

So that leaves Duke vs. A&M and Baylor vs. Richmond

I advance Duke of course and then yep again RICHMOND....hey i liked richmond from the beginning then i saw Doug Gottlieb on ESPN had them in the Elite 8 as well, and i thought well maybe im not so crazy now lol but idc what he or anyone else thinks they get to face Duke in the elite game.

But they lose

Duke wins the South region.

__________________________________________________ ________________

Final 4

Kansas vs. Syracuse WVU vs. Duke

Im taking Kansas because I think they are the best like ive said many times and i also pick WVU who i feel as a big chip on their shoulder and they will be out to prove they should have been a #1 seed

Championship Game

Kansas vs. WVU

Im taking Kansas if you havent guessed by now......Collins is the best big game player i feel and imo kansas is the best team in the country even tho that isnt by much......

I hope everyone enjoyed my thoughts....Feel free to rip me or agree i dont care and Im up for any kind of discussion
Old 03-15-2010, 09:59 PM   #67
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 11,025 Times in 4,565 Posts

good job nadroj.

this will be a great tournament for me. i think for the first time in my life (and possibly history) 4 of my 5 favorite teams are IN!

UNM, PITT, NMSU, and UTEP (the only one missing is my arizona wildcats).

UNM hasnt been this good, and not even close to being this highly ranked since the early 90's with kenny thomas and charles 'the spider" smith. unfortunately they were always the bridesmaids to r. majerus utes when they were a powerhouse with a. miller. k. van horn, and m. doleac.

they always had some hella battles though that always seemed to come down to the last minute and final shot.

im hoping their loss to SDSU on friday night serves as a wake up call, but like you, i fear they may not get past the 2nd round. i also like UTEP for an early upset.

either way, im just glad to see my region back on the map. oddly enough michael jordan won championships with 2 NM players on the bulls roster (r. brown and l. longley).
Old 03-16-2010, 08:25 PM   #68
T&B fan
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 9959

can someone tell me why did Duke get the play-in game ???? the 3erd #! whats up with that ???
Old 03-16-2010, 10:22 PM   #69
Nadroj 20
Team President

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
good job nadroj.

this will be a great tournament for me. i think for the first time in my life (and possibly history) 4 of my 5 favorite teams are IN!

UNM, PITT, NMSU, and UTEP (the only one missing is my arizona wildcats).

UNM hasnt been this good, and not even close to being this highly ranked since the early 90's with kenny thomas and charles 'the spider" smith. unfortunately they were always the bridesmaids to r. majerus utes when they were a powerhouse with a. miller. k. van horn, and m. doleac.

they always had some hella battles though that always seemed to come down to the last minute and final shot.

im hoping their loss to SDSU on friday night serves as a wake up call, but like you, i fear they may not get past the 2nd round. i also like UTEP for an early upset.

either way, im just glad to see my region back on the map. oddly enough michael jordan won championships with 2 NM players on the bulls roster (r. brown and l. longley).
Thanks Tony

SDSU could be an upset team too, a loss to them isnt terrrible, when it comes down to it, i just really like Marquette and they are a team i have seen and im familiar with and New Mexico is not, so im just going with the familiar who i think is underrated.
Old 03-16-2010, 10:24 PM   #70
Nadroj 20
Team President

Quote:
Originally Posted by T&B fan View Post
can someone tell me why did Duke get the play-in game ???? the 3erd #! whats up with that ???
Thank you someone else has noticed this too!!

I always thought the #1 overall seed got the play in game and that is Kansas, and instead Duke go it???

Also Kansas probably has the toughest region, how that heck is that?

I dont think Duke is a terrible team at all, but i really would love someone to explain to me why they probably have the weakest region PLUS they get the play in game....