Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Sports Dimension

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 03-18-2010, 09:42 PM   #71
Nadroj 20
Team President

Member Number: 14045
Default Re: College Basketball 2009-2010

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< that is Georgetown after the beating Ohio gave them!!!!
Nadroj 20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 03:14 PM   #72
steelerdude15
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 15774

This is horrible game so far, come on Pitt, what are you doing!?!?!?
steelerdude15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 05:50 PM   #73
steelreserve
Goatse + Tubgirl = $$$

Member Number: 1976

Well, this is probably nothing terribly relevant to most of you, but yesterday my school (St. Mary's) won its first NCAA tournament game in 50 years. So you'll have to forgive me for gloating about it like an idiot. Tomorrow, we play Villanova and I'm going to the campus for one of those things where they show the game in some big hall with 500 people yelling at the screen.

For those of you who didn't go to a small school, it's pretty hard to describe the feeling you get when one moment you're thinking "YES! IT FINALLY HAPPENED!!" and then 10 seconds later you see a bracket with your tiny school next to some national powerhouse team with a (2) in front of it, and you go "ahhhh ... shit."

I'm not trying to fool myself here, but at least it looks like there's a small chance of puling it off, partly because Villanova is playing like shit lately and partly because they have big matchup problems inside. If St. Mary's does win, you can expect my next post to be made from a wheelbarrow, or a ditch, or jail, or wherever the hell I ended up passing out.

At any rate, if you're looking for an underdog team to root for tomorrow, I'd be very grateful if this was it. If nothing else, I hope this has at least conveyed some of the unbridled excitement that crops up when your team is not a traditional contender and finally makes some progress. For us, even a little success is something to be proud of for a long time.
Old 03-19-2010, 07:14 PM   #74
Nadroj 20
Team President

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerdude15 View Post
This is horrible game so far, come on Pitt, what are you doing!?!?!?
Im glad they got it together lol.....pitt and WVU actually represented the big east well
Old 03-19-2010, 07:18 PM   #75
Nadroj 20
Team President

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
Well, this is probably nothing terribly relevant to most of you, but yesterday my school (St. Mary's) won its first NCAA tournament game in 50 years. So you'll have to forgive me for gloating about it like an idiot. Tomorrow, we play Villanova and I'm going to the campus for one of those things where they show the game in some big hall with 500 people yelling at the screen.

For those of you who didn't go to a small school, it's pretty hard to describe the feeling you get when one moment you're thinking "YES! IT FINALLY HAPPENED!!" and then 10 seconds later you see a bracket with your tiny school next to some national powerhouse team with a (2) in front of it, and you go "ahhhh ... shit."

I'm not trying to fool myself here, but at least it looks like there's a small chance of puling it off, partly because Villanova is playing like shit lately and partly because they have big matchup problems inside. If St. Mary's does win, you can expect my next post to be made from a wheelbarrow, or a ditch, or jail, or wherever the hell I ended up passing out.

At any rate, if you're looking for an underdog team to root for tomorrow, I'd be very grateful if this was it. If nothing else, I hope this has at least conveyed some of the unbridled excitement that crops up when your team is not a traditional contender and finally makes some progress. For us, even a little success is something to be proud of for a long time.
Good for them and you....I'll be honest I picked Richmond and really gave St. Marys no chance of winning...why? not so much because i thought St. Marys was bad or anything because they are not it was more because Richmond (i thought) had really good guard play and i saw them matching up better with Villanova...even if they do match up better they have to win their first game and did not haha.....but now looking at the St. Marys Nova match-up, I agree with St. Marys having a chance. Nova just has not been playing well lately and that big guy you guys have is a freaking beast. If he is on like he was against Richmond, look out

Good Luck to St. Marys
Old 03-19-2010, 10:39 PM   #76
steelerdude15
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 15774

Yes congrads friend. I'm really happy Pitt picked it up. I only got to watch the first half cause I had to go to work. O well, still happy they won.
steelerdude15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 11:16 PM   #77
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 10,366 Times in 4,304 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
Well, this is probably nothing terribly relevant to most of you, but yesterday my school (St. Mary's) won its first NCAA tournament game in 50 years. So you'll have to forgive me for gloating about it like an idiot.
i feel your happiness (and pain) bro. a friend confirmed today that this is indeed the 1st time that UNM, NMSU, and UTEP have all made the tournament in the same year. if this were the Mexican basketball league, our region would be an absolute POWERHOUSE!

UNM looked flat and nowhere near their top 10 ranking. UTEP got whipped. NMSU was getting their asses handed to them in the 1st half vs MSU and made a great rally in the 2nd half, only to lose in the end by a basket. just to see them represent and push a l. izzo team to the brink, on the national stage, was good enough for me.

good luck to st marys in the next round. march madness is always better when you have a legitimate team or cause to root for. i guess once UNM and PITT are eliminated, i will look for the best polish coach remaining and root for them.
Old 03-20-2010, 03:17 PM   #78
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 10,366 Times in 4,304 Posts

Quote:

At any rate, if you're looking for an underdog team to root for tomorrow, I'd be very grateful if this was it. If nothing else, I hope this has at least conveyed some of the unbridled excitement that crops up when your team is not a traditional contender and finally makes some progress.
if i had to guess, steelereserves next post will be coming from a ditch.

that was a hell of a game. st marys took it to them right out of the gate, and weathered the storm when villanova was able to tie it at 65. i thought they would let it slip away, but were able to crank it up a notch. they showed good mettle and resolve that could get them past the next round.

congrats on the 1st sweet 16 in 50 years!
Old 03-20-2010, 03:55 PM   #79
Nadroj 20
Team President

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
if i had to guess, steelereserves next post will be coming from a ditch.

that was a hell of a game. st marys took it to them right out of the gate, and weathered the storm when villanova was able to tie it at 65. i thought they would let it slip away, but were able to crank it up a notch. they showed good mettle and resolve that could get them past the next round.

congrats on the 1st sweet 16 in 50 years!
We may have to start raising money to bail him out of jail
Old 03-20-2010, 11:26 PM   #80
Nadroj 20
Team President

Well as all of you can see from my predictions my bracket is horrible

Kansas got beat! and at this point i think its awesome lol since my bracket is so bad im pulling for the upsets aside from the teams i want to see win like Pittsburgh and Ohio State (whos bracket got that much easier with Kansas getting sent home)

So go Panthers and go Buckeyes!