Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS

Old 11-03-2009, 08:12 PM   #1
LVSteelersfan
Living Legend

Member Number: 6620
My Mood: Cheerful
Default Steve Young at it again on MNF

Did anyone notice the indirect shots that the retard was taking at Ben again last night? What a douchenozzle. (love that term whoever came up with it) He was slobbering all over Brees, Manning and Brady and even pretty much said that Ben was the product of coming onto a good team and is nowhere near as good as Matt Ryan. These jerks just get my blood boiling sometimes. Ben has been absolutely faking defenses out of their shorts this year and was second in the league in passing after last week. Yet he still gets no respect. Matt Ryan couldn't carry Ben's jock, never mind be thought of as better than him. Even players like Joe Flacco have shown much more potential than Matt Ryan has shown. Ryan folds under pressure. Ben does not.

I must say I do like listening to Chucky as an announcer. He is really good at it. He is the only one on ESPN I can stomach. And we have to listen to those jerks this coming Monday unfortunately.

COACH - Breakfast of Champions !!!
LVSteelersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 08:30 PM   #2
GridironWarrior
Starter

Member Number: 9565
Default Re: Steve Young at it again on MNF

I never liked Young, even as a player. He's probably jealous cause Ben in his young career already has 2 while it took Young a life time, salary cap back breaking moves to buy him a Super Bowl that one year. That' fine when it' said and done Ben will always been known as a winner.
GridironWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 08:33 PM   #3
Edman
Living Legend

Member Number: 3261
My Mood: Brooding

Yeah, I heard that. Young indirectly said Ben was the product of a good team.

How quickly people forget how bad the Steelers were in 2003. They were getting old on defense, the secondary was awful and we were completely unsure at QB. Maddox was not the answer.

In 2004, they had a completely unimpressive win at home against Oakland, and went into Baltimore (10-6 the year before and had SB aspirations) the next week and got their doors blown off. Maddox got hurt, Ben came in and the rest is history.
Edman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 08:34 PM   #4
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984

I don't get it - he had nothing but accolades for Ben after the SB.

[YOUTUBE]9RaOzc4jhnA[/YOUTUBE]

I didn't hear his comments last night, but saying Ryan is better than Ben is laughable.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 08:45 PM   #5
Neil-Still-Rules-14
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 1048

And it was Young who was dwelling in the USFL and Tampa Bay organization until he was lucky enough to find his way onto the (remaining parts of the) team of the 80s.
Neil-Still-Rules-14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 08:52 PM   #6
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 7,037 Times in 3,056 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
I don't get it - he had nothing but accolades for Ben after the SB.

I didn't hear his comments last night, but saying Ryan is better than Ben is laughable.
on the whole, steelerfans hate any writer, talking head, mediot, game announcer who doesnt show the complete and unashamed bias of merrill hoge. only tunch, bill hilgrove, and the late great myron cope, receive a pass for being the slightest bit critical.

remember the backlash last year when bill cowher said the bengals were a team to watch and predicted they would make the playoffs this year?

if he wasnt out of town before then, he certainly woulda been run out for that accurate assessment.

i like steve young (although i did find his comments about ryan a bit over the top).

i like flacco better than ryan.
Old 11-03-2009, 09:03 PM   #7
LVSteelersfan
Living Legend

Member Number: 6620
My Mood: Cheerful

Brees will do his annual flakeout this year when playoff time comes. The defenses kick it up a notch. He will not be up to the task to counter it. He has never proven to be Mr. Prime Time. Manning is all world this year. Brady, not so much other than one game in the snow. Brady just looks out of sorts to me and is not as accurate as in the past. It takes a good two years to recover from that injury and it shows. Put the pressure on him and he is hardly the world beater that Young claims him to be this year. He can't step into his throws like usual and that has made his accuracy subpar at times. Ben makes those stupid mistakes occasionally which will always make him underrated by the lemmings in the media. We don't care because we know better. I just ONCE would like to hear something good about Ben by the media. This year Peyton Manning is on fire so it might not be a repeat year. Brees and Brady will not take their teams all the way. Write it down.

COACH - Breakfast of Champions !!!
LVSteelersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 09:12 PM   #8
Steelerfreak58
Team Captain

Member Number: 8080

None of the talking heads matter. The rings do the talking. Ben has 2 and plenty of potential for more to come. This team is getting better as the season is progressing the O-Line looks like it has really improved over last year and we did win a SB with them. Haters love to hate Steelers love to win.
Old 11-03-2009, 10:28 PM   #9
Steelers & I
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 10560

Damn, Ben doesn't even get a break during his bye week. I guess out of sight out of mind doesn't apply to Roethlisberger.

Let them talk, they're always juicing up those NFC teams as if they're something special, yes even Favre and the Vikings, as if he's done anything other than hit one miracle play this season. I don't give NFC QB's or teams a second look. $hit just 3 weeks ago ESPN had already crowned the Giants A$$ES. Put the NFC's best up against an upper echelon AFC team and we all know what the end result will be, AFC DOMINANCE! I hope that Brees and the Saints do make it to the Super Bowl so the world can watch Ben Roethlisberger and our Steelers kick the $hit out of them.

Brees, please!
Steelers & I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 10:44 PM   #10
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 7,037 Times in 3,056 Posts

what is funny is p. maiining has been applauded for having his best season EVER this year. p. manning is even better than p. manning, and he is already the front runner for MVP (his 4th).

his year has been describes as remarkable, unbelievable, and amazing. "how could the great p. manning possibly top himself.

yet, ben has been right there with him as far as stats are concerned, and not a word.

it is ben and peyton who are in the running to break kenny andersons season completion % record of 72+%.

yet you only hear how peyton could break it. BTW... who is bens qb coach?

i thought so.

thats allright though. would peyton ever have made "the tackle" against the colts in '05? i doubt it. constantly being in all the big dogs shadow just adds fuel to bens fire, and he thrives on being overlooked. his focus on the "when all is said and done, lombardis are the only thing that matters" endgame is what pushes him up there with the elite.