Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 11-04-2009, 08:11 AM   #1
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353
Default Democrats Completely Out of Touch with Average Americans....

....I've been thinking about this and have brought it up before, but yesterday really struck a chord. When Maine voted down (by POPULAR vote) the proposition that would have legalized gay marriage, they became the 31st state to put the issue to popular vote, and the 31st state to vote it down.

Even California voted this legislation down. And that was after both the uber liberal 9th circuit court based in Pelosi's San Francisco AND the California Supreme Court both ruled in FAVOR of legalized gay marriage.

The Democrats in congress have been telling us for some time that it is the will of the citizens of the US to legalize gay marriage, but that their efforts have been blocked by the evil Republicans. Of course that excuse holds no water now, and there is absolutely NOTHING stopping them from legislating gay marriage into law. So why don't they?

It's obvious that this is NOT something the citizenry of this country want. Ye we consistently see liberal Democrats attempting to subjugate the will of the people and vote this into law. Why?

Let's get something straight, too....I could literally care less one way or another. If gays want to get married, I'm fine with that, but if the law of the land says no, well, so be it. My point is NOT about personal choice, it's about the people consistently saying NO, and the liberal courts and legislature ruling against popular opinion and saying yes.
Old 11-04-2009, 08:44 AM   #2
Vincent
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 10927
Default Re: Democrats Completely Out of Touch with Average Americans....

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
When Maine voted down (by POPULAR vote) the proposition that would have legalized gay marriage, they became the 31st state to put the issue to popular vote, and the 31st state to vote it down.
What's the mystery? White European homophobes came here, conquered the indigenous people with their disease and their homophobia (I know that's redundant), and established what is now and always has been, a homophobic nation. And I think that's born out by the fact Europe is so enlightened and well, gay. Cuz all the homophobes left and came here. Right?

Quote:
The Democrats in congress have been telling us for some time that it is the will of the citizens of the US to legalize gay marriage,
Sometimes they get caught lying.

Quote:
It's obvious that this is NOT something the citizenry of this country want. Yet we consistently see liberal Democrats attempting to subjugate the will of the people and vote this into law. Why?
They have to. They need to. They have been anointed to lead us out of our homophobia. That charge is on their heads. They must deliver us from homophobia. Alas, the unappreciative homophobes dash all hope of the vision of the anointed at the ballot boxes.

Quote:
Let's get something straight, too....I could literally care less one way or another. If gays want to get married, I'm fine with that,
"Not that there's anything wrong with that".

To your point Rev, yes, the donkeys are somewhat out of touch. I think 2010 will send the same message that 1994 did. Hopefully they will receive it well.

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress & the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution,
but overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution."

Abraham Lincoln
Vincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 09:24 AM   #3
revefsreleets
Living Legend

It started yesterday...two blue states turned bright red in the governors races...

The one that has to sting Obama that worst is NJ. He stumped like mad for Corzine, bu he still lost by 4 points AND lost 58% of the Independent votes.

The D's are headed for a drubbing in 2010 mid-terms...
Old 11-04-2009, 09:37 AM   #4
Vincent
Team President
Supporter

Quote:
The one that has to sting Obama that worst is NJ. He stumped like mad for Corzine,
"He's not watching returns," Gibbs said. http://www.politico.com/politico44/p...15b03a038.html

My earnest hope is that he/they press their agenda. 2010 will be Armageddon for the donkeys.

And on an amusing note, corzine blew $30M of his own loot on that beat down.

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress & the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution,

Abraham Lincoln
Old 11-04-2009, 10:00 AM   #5
revefsreleets
Living Legend

If Obama wasn't watching the returns (which is a flat out lie), then he's more arrogant than I thought.

These were two KEY states in his win last year. Both were heavily trending blue prior to yesterday, and, especially in Virginia where Deeds was TROUNCED, this is a HUGE set-back for the Democrats. To ignore this referendum is ridiculously short-sighted...
Old 11-04-2009, 11:57 AM   #6
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Member Number: 6891

I find it hilarious that the Same Liberal Leaning States that vote for the Legalization of Marijuana also Vota AGAINST Gay Marriage every time its up for a vote of the people.

Gay marriage is not a Democrat vs Repulbican Issue. Its a small very vocal minority vs the General Population issue.
Old 11-04-2009, 12:40 PM   #7
SteelerEmpire
Team President

Member Number: 14355
Thanked 1,660 Times in 767 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino 6 Rings View Post
I find it hilarious that the Same Liberal Leaning States that vote for the Legalization of Marijuana also Vota AGAINST Gay Marriage every time its up for a vote of the people.

Gay marriage is not a Democrat vs Repulbican Issue. Its a small very vocal minority vs the General Population issue.
--------------------
I hear you on this one. This has the same reasoning as why some stand against abortion, and then the same people are in favor of the death penalty.....

In response to the title of this thread.... this is the same group of republicans that got us into a lot of this mess.... so they really have no argument against a Democratic controlled Washington that, so far anyway, is not doing what it should either.....
I submit that BOTH parties are in a stalemate and are out of touch.... and no one is suffering for it BUT the people they represent.... not these political actors.....

A HOUSE DIVIDED WILL FALL TO IT'S ENEMIES;
BUT IN UNITY THERE ARE 6' SUPER BOWLS !!!
SteelerEmpire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 12:43 PM   #8
Vincent
Team President
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino 6 Rings View Post
Is there any linkage between Marijuana and homophobia?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerEmpire View Post
This has the same reasoning as why some stand against abortion, and then the same people are in favor of the death penalty.
There may have been a misunderstanding here. Lemme see if I can shed some light.

Some folks get upset at the idea of killing children. It's "old fashioned", I grant you. Some of these folks also think its a good idea to do away with those that have committed capitol crimes. Again, "old fashioned" thinking. But you see the common thread.

Now, modern folks think its OK to kill their kids and let murderers and such live. After all, who are we to judge.

Does that help?

Abraham Lincoln
Old 11-04-2009, 01:10 PM   #9
revefsreleets
Living Legend

I'm sorry, but this IS a Democratic issue. It's in the Democrat party platform to repeal DOMA (Defense of Marriage Act, signed into law by Clinton, which states that marriage is between a man and a woman only).

Get that? The 2008 Democratic Party platform includes REPEALING DOMA.

This is straight from Obama's website:

"Obama also believes we need to fully repeal the Defense of Marriage Act and enact legislation that would ensure that the 1,100+ federal legal rights and benefits currently provided on the basis of marital status are extended to same-sex couples in civil unions and other legally recognized unions.”

Again, I don't care one way or the other, but I find it interesting that this issue is continually pushed by the left and is continually shot down by the voting public...so they kick it to the courts who always seem to interpret the law differently than the average citizen has actually (continually) voted.
Old 11-04-2009, 01:18 PM   #10
Vincent
Team President
Supporter

Quote:
I'm sorry, but this IS a Democratic issue. It's in the Democrat party platform to repeal DOMA (Defense of Marriage Act, signed into law by Clinton, which states that marriage is between a man and a woman only).
Oh dear! Is it possible the donkeys did this to curry favor among a certain demographic (or is it psychographic?)? Both times?

Abraham Lincoln