Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 11-05-2009, 07:18 AM   #1
mesaSteeler
A Son of Martha
Supporter

Member Number: 10438
Default Out-of-Towners: Colorado teacher faces teen torment unless Steelers win

Out-of-Towners: Colorado teacher faces tween torment unless Steelers win
Wednesday, November 04, 2009
Peter Diana/Post-Gazette
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09308...localstate.xml

A Steelers fan feeling warm and fuzzy at the game in Denver in 2007.

Please print this letter to the Pittsburgh Steelers. I was born in Allegheny General Hospital in 1972 and have been a Steelers fan ever since.

My problem: I live in Alamosa, Colo., and am surrounded by Broncos fans constantly. I am writing this letter to ask you to PLEASE beat the Broncos when you come to Denver. It's not easy to be continually tormented by Broncos fans, especially now that they are doing well.

Most people I know are still harassing me about the last time you came to the Mile High City (a Broncos win, 31-28, on Oct. 21, 2007). I attended that game with my favorite son Zachary (the one I happened to, against all odds, turn into a Steelers fan) and his dad, with whom we didn't sit because he likes the Broncos.

We left saddened by the loss and a little frightened. Evidently some Broncos fans didn't find our sign ("What's higher, Mile High or Travis Henry?") as funny as we did.

Although we don't have tickets to this season's game, we will be with you in spirit. We love all things Pittsburgh: pierogies, the Point, Kennywood, etc.

Finally, the biggest reason I need you to win: My middle school students will be unbearable if you lose. They laugh when I wear my Steelers jersey every Monday. They try to touch the Terrible Towel. They call Big Ben Worthlessberger. It's blasphemous!

I was teased for days after your loss to the Bears. If you don't beat the Broncos they will be merciless. Even my offers of candy and gum in exchange for an end to the harassment fall on deaf ears. I won't survive a loss. Teenagers are pretty harsh.

It's not easy for Zach and I being Steelers fans in Colorado, but even though we live in Broncoland, we always remember it is just a very tiny part of the Steeler Nation!

DELHIA MAHANEY

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09308...#ixzz0VzFCMWOQ
mesaSteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 07:34 AM   #2
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413
Default Re: Out-of-Towners: Colorado teacher faces tween torment unless Steelers win

Thank God I live in da Burgh and don't have to put up with that For those out of town Steelers fans - all you simply have to do when being harrassed after a loss is to hold up six fingers and smile - gets 'em every time.

I found this a little disheartening, though:

Quote:
I attended that game with my favorite son Zachary
Her favorite son?

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 07:43 AM   #3
WindyCitySteelerFan
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 10940
Default Re: Out-of-Towners: Colorado teacher faces tween torment unless Steelers win

I feel his pain, living in Chicago, I have to hear about our (still unbelievable) loss to the Bears for the next 7 years.
WindyCitySteelerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 08:43 AM   #4
devilsdancefloor
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 10172

Its hell living between cin city and indy i get both bungles fans (who are the most obnoxious bunch of fans) & colts fans. I usually laugh it of when someone tries to smack talk about my steelers. i try to say very little , but if i have tio say anythign i usually say DO you really want to walk down that road

I believe that today more than ever a book should be sought after even if it has only one great page in it. We must search for fragments, splinters, toenails, anything that has ore in it, anything that is capable of resuscitating the body and the soul.

devilsdancefloor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 02:39 PM   #5
California-Steel
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 11917

What!!! Who's the teacher, you or them? Just pile on the homework and give a few pop quizes and they will get the picture. If the Steelers win then show a movie in class and no homework. If even one young & dumb, still chewing bubble gum kid pops off, cut the movie break out the books and back to work for them.

They got to respect your athoritie! (I spelled it how I said it).

Now Man.....I mean, Woman Up, and put them in their places.

Go Steelers!!!!
Old 11-05-2009, 02:50 PM   #6
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984
Thanked 1,410 Times in 511 Posts

Living in Denver, I really don't get it from Broncos fans too much. However, I don't lip off either - I have a feeling this guy probably goes overboard talking up the Steelers and that's why he gets grief. I would imagine the "six rings" thing probably does get annoying to other fans, particularly in their territory, and I have seen fellow Steelers fans being pretty obnoxious about it.

Case in point:

Quote:
We left saddened by the loss and a little frightened. Evidently some Broncos fans didn't find our sign ("What's higher, Mile High or Travis Henry?") as funny as we did.
See? This guy is asking for grief.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 06:24 PM   #7
Steelboy84
Banned

Member Number: 13983

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
Thank God I live in da Burgh and don't have to put up with that For those out of town Steelers fans - all you simply have to do when being harrassed after a loss is to hold up six fingers and smile - gets 'em every time.

I found this a little disheartening, though:

Her favorite son?
What a great mom.
Steelboy84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 06:48 PM   #8
stillers4me
Living Legend

Member Number: 2656
Default Re: Out-of-Towners: Colorado teacher faces teen torment unless Steelers win

Welcome to my world.
"We're not going to turn our backs on him," Ward said. "We're going to treat him like our brother. We're going to accept him back and be very supportive of him and help him get through this. In this locker room, he's still our quarterback."
stillers4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 07:56 PM   #9
LVSteelersfan
Living Legend

Member Number: 6620
My Mood: Yeehaw
Default Re: Out-of-Towners: Colorado teacher faces teen torment unless Steelers win

Don't worry. The Steeler's D is going to stomp Orton into the ground. No worries.

COACH - Breakfast of Champions !!!
LVSteelersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 08:32 PM   #10
Psyychoward86
Living Legend

Member Number: 10772

I feel you, friend! I live in Wisconsin, and everyone knows Steeler fans and cheeseheads are the most hardcore in the National Football League. I get the same kind of crap you do
Psyychoward86 is offline   Reply With Quote