Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Steelers Draft Central > ** The War Room 2012 **


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-05-2009, 09:19 PM   #1
BehindSteelCurtain
Team Captain
 
BehindSteelCurtain's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 918
Member Number: 11279
Thanks: 1
Thanked 8 Times in 5 Posts
Default Spiller

I know he is projected to go in the top 15 but I see him as a a guy that slips. With Parker's future in question with PIT, I think Spiller would be a PERFECT pick.

Steelers haven't necessarily drafted for needs the last few years. No one expected the Steelers to get Mendenhall, a RB, and Sweed, a WR, with their first two picks.

That's just hoping that he falls. He has elite speed (runs track for clemson). pretty hard to bring down for a speed guy. And has playmaking ability.

Reminds me of Chris Johnson but better. Spiller always fights for the extra yards. Not to mention his special teams ability. Outstanding KR and PR. I think he will be a better version of Chris Johnson.
__________________
BehindSteelCurtain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 09:23 PM   #2
Nadroj 20
Team President
 
Nadroj 20's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,027
Gender: Male
Member Number: 14045
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Spiller

I wouldnt dub him better then chris johnson yet but he wouldnt be a bad pick, however with where the steelers will hopefully be picking i do not see him fall back that far.
Nadroj 20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 09:34 PM   #3
BehindSteelCurtain
Team Captain
 
BehindSteelCurtain's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 918
Member Number: 11279
Thanks: 1
Thanked 8 Times in 5 Posts
Default Re: Spiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadroj 20 View Post
I wouldnt dub him better then chris johnson yet but he wouldnt be a bad pick, however with where the steelers will hopefully be picking i do not see him fall back that far.
Yea that's true but players do fall........
__________________
BehindSteelCurtain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 09:41 PM   #4
Nadroj 20
Team President
 
Nadroj 20's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,027
Gender: Male
Member Number: 14045
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Spiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by BehindSteelCurtain View Post
Yea that's true but players do fall........
I know they do your right about that, its just my opinion he wont...however I wouldnt mind to see it if he does
Nadroj 20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 09:55 PM   #5
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter
 
MasterOfPuppets's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 14,057
Gender: Male
Member Number: 1990
Thanks: 848
Thanked 3,485 Times in 1,513 Posts
Default Re: Spiller

do you realize spillar is 63 in the nation in rushing yards ? he only has 574 yds in 8 games. the ONLY thing i like about spillar is he can catch out of the backfield.he was thought to be a heisman candidate at the begining of the year....FAIL.... he won't be a first rd pick.
MasterOfPuppets is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 10:02 PM   #6
BehindSteelCurtain
Team Captain
 
BehindSteelCurtain's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 918
Member Number: 11279
Thanks: 1
Thanked 8 Times in 5 Posts
Default Re: Spiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
do you realize spillar is 63 in the nation in rushing yards ? he only has 574 yds in 8 games. the ONLY thing i like about spillar is he can catch out of the backfield.he was thought to be a heisman candidate at the begining of the year....FAIL.... he won't be a first rd pick.
You my friend are wrong. Check out his 5.1 YPC?

Leads the nation in all-purpose yards.

Don't know what you talking about, as far as I'm concerned he still is in Heisman contention. Spiller is the only offensive threat on the Tigers. To be getting that much attention by defenses and still doing the things he does is incredible.

Miami didn't kick a KO to him all game and the one time they do he takes it 90 yards to the house.
__________________
BehindSteelCurtain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 10:07 PM   #7
BehindSteelCurtain
Team Captain
 
BehindSteelCurtain's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 918
Member Number: 11279
Thanks: 1
Thanked 8 Times in 5 Posts
Default Re: Spiller

__________________
BehindSteelCurtain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 10:25 PM   #8
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter
 
MasterOfPuppets's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 14,057
Gender: Male
Member Number: 1990
Thanks: 848
Thanked 3,485 Times in 1,513 Posts
Default Re: Spiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by BehindSteelCurtain View Post
You my friend are wrong. Check out his 5.1 YPC?

Leads the nation in all-purpose yards.

Don't know what you talking about, as far as I'm concerned he still is in Heisman contention. Spiller is the only offensive threat on the Tigers. To be getting that much attention by defenses and still doing the things he does is incredible.

Miami didn't kick a KO to him all game and the one time they do he takes it 90 yards to the house.
wrong ? about what ?


http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player...layerId=192151

just go ahead and scroll down to 63...you'll also notice on the way down, there's probably 35 guys with a BETTER ypc avg...and more rushing yds..
http://web1.ncaa.org/mfb/natlRank.js...&div=IA&dest=O

and here's the ALL PURPOSE YDS...which spillar is 6th
http://web1.ncaa.org/mfb/natlRank.js...&div=IA&dest=O
MasterOfPuppets is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 10:41 PM   #9
BehindSteelCurtain
Team Captain
 
BehindSteelCurtain's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 918
Member Number: 11279
Thanks: 1
Thanked 8 Times in 5 Posts
Default Re: Spiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
wrong ? about what ?


http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player...layerId=192151

just go ahead and scroll down to 63...you'll also notice on the way down, there's probably 35 guys with a BETTER ypc avg...and more rushing yds..
http://web1.ncaa.org/mfb/natlRank.js...&div=IA&dest=O

and here's the ALL PURPOSE YDS...which spillar is 6th
http://web1.ncaa.org/mfb/natlRank.js...&div=IA&dest=O
Fine man you obviously aren't a Spiller fan. The guy's playmaking ability is incredible. He carries his team.
__________________
BehindSteelCurtain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 10:52 PM   #10
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter
 
MasterOfPuppets's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 14,057
Gender: Male
Member Number: 1990
Thanks: 848
Thanked 3,485 Times in 1,513 Posts
Default Re: Spiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by BehindSteelCurtain View Post
Fine man you obviously aren't a Spiller fan. The guy's playmaking ability is incredible. He carries his team.
oh i hate clemson (terp fan), but that has nothing to do with my thoughts on spillar. i think he's a hell of an athlete, i just don't think he'll go in the 1 st rd. there was 1500 yd running backs going in late2 and 3rd rd last year. i think his size may work against him and teams will only see him as a situational player. look at what steve slaton did at WVU....he went in the 3rd.
MasterOfPuppets is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:10 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts