Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 01-23-2006, 10:11 AM   #21
Seahawk76
Water Boy

Member Number: 1312
Default Re: Steelers Vs Seahawks in Super Bowl 40

Gratz to the Steelers. Seahawks season ticket holder here looking forward to talking some football over the next two weeks.
Seahawk76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 10:12 AM   #22
Seahawks Saint
Water Boy

Member Number: 1300
Smile Re: Steelers Vs Seahawks in Super Bowl 40

Thanks! I told my friends watching the game w/ me (before the game) that if we lost to Carolina, that I'd be rooting for the Steelers...not because of sour grapes, but because I'd like to see Cowher win the big one because of his and the Ronney family's tenacity and perseverence. Bill Cowher has made Pittsburgh into as consistant a program as any franchise in the NFL....a primary reason for my respect. It will indeed be interesting breaking the game down over the next few weeks. Oh, and by the way, if any trolls show up here that are Seahawks suporters...IGNORE them...they're just pathetic little pissants seeking meaning in their worthless lives. Some of the Seahawks trolls frequenting the Panthers forum, were totally out of hand, and I was so embarrassed that anyone would think all Seattle fans were of the same ilk. Thanks for letting me be a GUEST in your forum...I promise to keep my feet off of the coffee table, and to use a coaster.

Seahawks Saint
Seahawks Saint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 10:21 AM   #23
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 8,306 Times in 3,522 Posts

welcome seahawk fans. i wouldve been rooting for the hawks had the steelers not made it. i think alexander and hasselbeck are great and always rooted for chad brown since he first became a seahawk. plus the seahawks arent far removed from being and afc ally. should be a good game with the best runner going against a great run defense.

now even steelerfans have trouble figuring out how the steelers will play on offense so r. rhodes' guys have their work cut out for them. (is rhodes back and healthy or is someone else coaching them?)
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 11:39 AM   #24
bmovierat
Water Boy

Member Number: 1148

Congrats to all the seahawk fans. Your team beat Carolina so handedly, it was downright boring. ;-)

Now, do you have any good seahawk boards to suggest for us steeler fans?
bmovierat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 12:46 PM   #25
seahawksfan
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 1328

Quote:
Originally Posted by HangoverMS
Question for the Seahawks fans: Did Carolina have any business being in the NFC championship game?? They just really got their @$$e$ handed to them!
Well, they came in to a Seahawks team that has not been respected by the national press. The Panthers came in dinged. However, the real props go to a great game plan that shut down Steve Smith. Also, the 12th man again stepped up its' game. I was at yesterday's game and it was LOUD.

The next two weeks will have me glued to the NFL channel, ESPN, this site, and the Seahawks message board.

GO HAWKS!!!

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin
seahawksfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 12:51 PM   #26
seahawksfan
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 1328

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmovierat
Congrats to all the seahawk fans. Your team beat Carolina so handedly, it was downright boring. ;-)

Now, do you have any good seahawk boards to suggest for us steeler fans?
Check out http://mb17.scout.com/fseahawksinsiderfrm1

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin
seahawksfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 01:12 PM   #27
marksashton
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 1333

Hi folks. I'm another Seahawk fan who would like to visit your great forum leading up to the big game. I started visiting this forum a few weeks back and it looks like a great place with lots of smart football people. I hereby promise to avoid dumb troll comments as much as is humanly possible given the circumstances.

In the interest of full disclosure, I grew up in Cleveland so the Browns are my true home team. As a Browns fan, I used to HATE the Steelers but I moved away from Cleveland about 25 years ago and when the EVIL Art Modell moved the Browns I lost some of my old passion. I'd still root for the Browns if they were in a big game but am now a pretty hard core Seahawks fan now that I've lived here for so long. My "rust belt" roots mean I root for the Steelers when they're not playing the Browns or Seahawks. I ABSOLUTELY rooted for them over my least favorite team of all - Denver Broncos. I bet you can guess why I loathe them so much. :)

So, it's going to be a fun couple of weeks and may the best team win.
marksashton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 05:20 PM   #28
Whidbey88
Water Boy

Member Number: 1357

Hi Steelers Fans - Yet another longsuffering Seahawks fan joining your board here.

First off, my hat is off to the Steelers fans. I think you all are the best fans in the NFL hands down. I am excited for the Super Bowl and think it is a great match up of teams but given what I know about your fans, I fully Detroit to be taken over with Terrible Towels and for the Steelers to have as close to a home game as you can while on the road.

Having said all that please forgive me for posting the following on your board, I am not trying to troll or gloat:

I CANNOT BELIEVE THE HAWKS ARE IN THE SUPERBOWL!!!!

You have to understand, having grown up in the Seattle area and having suffered through the late 80s & 90s I am a die hard fan but also have what all long suffering Seahawk fans have; deeply ingrained paranoia. For example, despite the fact we were killing Carolina last night I was driving my friends crazy. For example, going into half I was predicting the final to be 21-20 Carolina. It is amazing all of the "demons" this team has "exorcized" this season; can't finish a game, can't stay on a team if they are up, can't convert critical third downs, don't get breaks (I have never seen so many breaks go for a team e.g. Jay Feely), can't stay healty, etc.

Anyhow, enough blabbing already.

Good luck for a healthy game.

PS - Please don't judge us all by the idiots who are bound to show up and talk some really stupid smack.
Whidbey88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 06:10 PM   #29
NMHawkFan
Water Boy

Member Number: 1367

Congratulations to the Steeler Nation! Being in New Mexico I am surrounded by Denver fans and being an old AFC West fan, I even donned a Steeler hat for the game at the sportsbar. Anyways, here is to 2 weeks of unbearable stress waiting in anticipation of that first kick-off. You guys have had an amazing run during the playoffs and I have no doubt you will give us the ultimate challenge.
NMHawkFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 06:29 PM   #30
ZornToLargent
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 1298

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prosdo
Me too. I need to go buy a AFC Champions shirt today!
That's funny because I need to go buy an NFC Champions shirt or hat today as well. :D
ZornToLargent is offline   Reply With Quote