Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...
Bills
GAMEDAY
September 11, 2014, 8:25pm ET
CBS

Old 01-24-2006, 01:08 PM   #41
benberger
Water Boy

Member Number: 242
Default Re: Steelers Vs Seahawks in Super Bowl 40

both steeler and seahawk fans are so happy to be in the super bowl....im sure seahawk fans know the feeling about not being able to take the smile off our faces right now....we'll see how long this lasts lol......in the meantime congrats seahawk fans.....see ya at super bowl extra large!!!!!!
benberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 01:20 PM   #42
SalukiSteelers
Starter

Location: Live in Carbondale, IL, USA, home of the SIU Salukis.
Member Number: 844

This should be a pretty good SB, especially since it looks like the two best teams in the league actually made it. Seattle is the scariest, least-respected #1 seed that I can remember in a while.

Whoever doesn't think this team is legit hasn't been watching. They've got tough defense, an amazing offensive line, the NFL MVP, and a smart, athletic QB who had enough balls to predict an overtime win at Green Bay. Maybe it didn't work but you have to love the guy's confidence.

Pittsburgh has been playing just as well as the 'Hawks since the playoffs began and the Steelers have shown that they have just as tough defense, solid offensive line, and a young QB who could one day have a trophy case full of MVP's and SB trophies (a guy can dream, can't he?).

Two things that concern me as a Steelers fan: Seattle being able to run behind Walter Jones and the rest of the line and how well the Pittsburgh offensive line plays against the Seahawks defensive line.

If the Steelers can't figure out a way to slow down the run it's over. If the O-line doesn't keep Ben off his back, same story. Smart, Steelers football and a defense that's playing as well as it ever has since I've been watching have gotten the team this far. Let's hope they can do it one more time.

It's an old cliche, "this game was won in the trenches," but this game could really shake out that way.
SalukiSteelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 01:38 PM   #43
NMHawkFan
Water Boy

Member Number: 1367

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalukiSteelers
This should be a pretty good SB, especially since it looks like the two best teams in the league actually made it. Seattle is the scariest, least-respected #1 seed that I can remember in a while.

Whoever doesn't think this team is legit hasn't been watching. They've got tough defense, an amazing offensive line, the NFL MVP, and a smart, athletic QB who had enough balls to predict an overtime win at Green Bay. Maybe it didn't work but you have to love the guy's confidence.

Pittsburgh has been playing just as well as the 'Hawks since the playoffs began and the Steelers have shown that they have just as tough defense, solid offensive line, and a young QB who could one day have a trophy case full of MVP's and SB trophies (a guy can dream, can't he?).

Two things that concern me as a Steelers fan: Seattle being able to run behind Walter Jones and the rest of the line and how well the Pittsburgh offensive line plays against the Seahawks defensive line.

If the Steelers can't figure out a way to slow down the run it's over. If the O-line doesn't keep Ben off his back, same story. Smart, Steelers football and a defense that's playing as well as it ever has since I've been watching have gotten the team this far. Let's hope they can do it one more time.

It's an old cliche, "this game was won in the trenches," but this game could really shake out that way.
I agree 100% with you, the matchups on both sides of the ball have the makings of a very good game. Let's hope both teams show up with healthy rosters and solid game plans to make SB 40 one to remember.
NMHawkFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 03:24 PM   #44
Kjelstad
Water Boy

Member Number: 1417

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prosdo
This is awesome. I think we have three Seahawks fans who signed up today. You all seem very cool and I look forward to having some talks about the game. Welcome to Steelers Fever guys. Congratulations to you for winning the NFC Championship. I am really excited about this game and I know it will be a good one.
Make that 4. (Ok, quite a few now that I have read through this thread) Your boards are really civil. This is the first one for any team that has been I think. Besides the Seattle ones, perhaps, but we find it rude to even honk. Not that a few A-holes won't show up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HangoverMS
Question for the Seahawks fans: Did Carolina have any business being in the NFC championship game?? They just really got their @$$e$ handed to them!
Less than Denver did I would say, sir.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24seven
NFC stands for NO FU*KING CHANCE! Sorry to break it down this way for you.. :P
Hey, there it is. Now we need people to come up with those rock solid reasons why, like "Hasselbeck might be gay"

Let the discussion begin
Kjelstad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 03:28 PM   #45
Prosdo
Banned

Member Number: 86

Welcome to SF Kiel. We enjoy having opponents fans here. It's always fun.
Prosdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 03:48 PM   #46
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302

Saying Hasselback were gay, would be crossing the line, smack is cool, but nothing to gain by calling players out on their sexual preference , just to prove a point?
Old 01-24-2006, 03:52 PM   #47
ZornToLargent
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 1298

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalukiSteelers

That's a fair annalysis. Neither team is to be taken lightly at all. If the Seahawks play the way they played against the Panther's....there isn;t a team in the NFL they can't beat....and the same thing can be said for how well the Steelers played thew Broncos. The fact is....who ever wins will have to make the fewest mistakes and have their absolute A-Game on the field for both sides of the ball.
ZornToLargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 04:01 PM   #48
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

Its going to be a fun match up for sure.

I have to say I am not a massive believer in schemes/ formations being a huge factor - like an earlier post stated - its all about the execution.

The pressure the Steelers have brought has been relentless during the playoffs - and it all starts with the 3 man line - Casey Hampton has had a big year at NT.

I believe that the Steelers are the more battle tested of the two sides and should react better to the high pressure situation of the Superbowl - they will benefit from playing in a much stronger conference.

With Ben upgraded to 'Elite' status I think the Steelers can also play from behind if the scenario arises - the last couple of years they havent had that capability.

The only slight cloud on the horizon would be that the Steelers played such an awesome game against the Broncos that they might have peaked early - I dont see how that particular game could have worked out any better for them - they certainly had more than their fair share of the breaks aswell.

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 04:08 PM   #49
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity
Bring on the hawks, we're ready !!
Couldn't aggree more man. points to you.

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 04:11 PM   #50
Hawkswin
Water Boy

Member Number: 1422

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmovierat
Congrats to all the seahawk fans. Your team beat Carolina so handedly, it was downright boring. ;-)

Now, do you have any good seahawk boards to suggest for us steeler fans?
www.seahawksal.com is the best seahawks forum around. Fair warning, though. It's a family board, and they take that very seriously.
Hawkswin is offline   Reply With Quote