Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 11-08-2009, 08:34 AM   #1
SteelerEmpire
Team Owner

Member Number: 14355
Thanked 1,945 Times in 882 Posts
Default Health Care Bill Passes In The House

Only the Senate's vote is left now...... and then its on Obama's desk to sign.

I think we better start looking this up so we can begin to seriously study it as it looks like its gonna be part of our lives.

When did they vote on this thing ? At 3am this morning ?? I wake up at 6:30am and its already all over the headlines....

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33748707...h_care_reform/

A HOUSE DIVIDED WILL FALL TO IT'S ENEMIES;
BUT IN UNITY THERE ARE 6' SUPER BOWLS !!!
SteelerEmpire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 08:40 AM   #2
Steelboy84
Banned

Member Number: 13983
Default Re: Health Care Bill Passes In The House

There have been so many "bills" proposed and "passed" until I have lost count.

You know something, one would think (no matter what side of the political spectrum you are) that all of these "smart" people, all of these people with their big fancy degrees from these big time schools could come together, discuss ways to make legislation that works for everyone. That's what they're there for, right?

I mean, you have doctors, lawyers, educators, all smart people in Congress (so it seems). So you would think coming together and passing laws that work would be no problem.
Steelboy84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 08:51 AM   #3
xXTheSteelKingsXx
Team Owner

Member Number: 5803

Could be wrong but if the Senate approves the bill doesn't a comittee from both chambers have to combine the two bills before Obama sees it. It is my understanding that the House and Senate bills have a number of differences.
Old 11-08-2009, 08:53 AM   #4
KeiselPower99
Living Legend

Member Number: 8552

The vote happened around 1130 pm last night. I watched it on Cspn. Pelosi was all excited afterwards and it made me sick. We are a country that is broke. We have 17 percent of Americans out of work and now they wanna raise taxes for cap and trade and healthcare. It dosent make a lick of sense to me. The Government is gonna own over 1/3 of industry in this country if this passes. They are gonna moniter vending machines and control our lives!!!!! They are gonna make meat harder to raise and sell and tougher to buy!! Wake up America please!!!!!
Old 11-08-2009, 08:56 AM   #5
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Oh YAY.

Whelp - the only way to voice your opposition and disgust is to hound the living hell out of your Senators and vote out the morons in the House who approved this bill.

Seriously, though, I doubt this bill passes in the Senate. Those fat cats like their cushy lifestyles, big bucks, perks, free medical care and future astronomical pensions too much to risk being given the heave ho by the voters.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 09:19 AM   #6
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550

If this POS bill passes, I'm going to hire an attorney. Because I know I'm going to have to fight every step of the way to make sure that my mother continues to receive the care that she does now and not have it rationed because they deem it "too costly". Her life literally depends on it.

Way to go, Democrats. This bill is going to be an albatross around the necks of every American, and you can be damn sure that none of you who voted for this garbage is going to get my vote.
Old 11-08-2009, 09:43 AM   #7
GoSlash27
Team Captain

Member Number: 3225

Had to figure it was gonna pass the House; they don't have filibusters. The Senate is going to be a different story.

It's times like these when I wish the Constitution had been written to classify willful contravention as a capital crime. We could round up everybody who voted for this, take 'em out back, and shoot 'em.
GoSlash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 10:32 AM   #8
Steelboy84
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
If this POS bill passes, I'm going to hire an attorney. Because I know I'm going to have to fight every step of the way to make sure that my mother continues to receive the care that she does now and not have it rationed because they deem it "too costly". Her life literally depends on it.

Way to go, Democrats. This bill is going to be an albatross around the necks of every American, and you can be damn sure that none of you who voted for this garbage is going to get my vote.
I think care for the elderly is needed. I think Medicare is one of the best pieces of legislation to pass.

But there are some (conservatives and liberals) who do not like Medicare. So I don't see why they would have a problem with the government cutting into it. They don't even like it in the first place.

Then there are others who say "I don't want the government in my healthcare".......................while sitting at home receiving that same Medicare.
Old 11-08-2009, 10:36 AM   #9
Steelboy84
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeiselPower99 View Post
The vote happened around 1130 pm last night. I watched it on Cspn. Pelosi was all excited afterwards and it made me sick. We are a country that is broke. We have 17 percent of Americans out of work and now they wanna raise taxes for cap and trade and healthcare. It dosent make a lick of sense to me. The Government is gonna own over 1/3 of industry in this country if this passes. They are gonna moniter vending machines and control our lives!!!!! They are gonna make meat harder to raise and sell and tougher to buy!! Wake up America please!!!!!
Well, the government already controls 1/3 of our economy because consumer spending only accounts for 2/3, or around 66%.
Old 11-08-2009, 10:51 AM   #10
Vincent
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 10927

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoSlash27 View Post
It's times like these when I wish the Constitution had been written to classify willful contravention as a capital crime. We could round up everybody who voted for this, take 'em out back, and shoot 'em.
I would support such an amendment.

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress & the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution,
but overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution."

Abraham Lincoln
Vincent is offline   Reply With Quote