Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 11-10-2009, 03:38 PM   #1
SteelersMomma
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 15023
Default Seriously?

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5

These people are so pathetic. A lot of their first page of that forum is based on bashing the Steelers and the fans. I mean can they not just face the facts the Steelers are a better equipped team then the Broncos. I'm sorry but all of us fans that were in the stands last night for the game and paid a pretty penny for our tickets. It doesn't show us how we're jumping on the band wagon it shows that we are true loyal fans that will travel and pay what ever to see our team play. We shouldn't be bashed like they are doing because we're more loyal to our team then some of the bronco fans. They make it seem like tickets are five dollars a piece. If you show up to the game you obviously "follow" your team regardless if they are having a good season or not. We paid over 500 dollars for our tickets up in the nose bleed section during preseason. I didn't care about how they were doing this year. I went to support my team and to finally see them play in person which was the most remarkable thing in the ENTIRE WORLD!
SteelersMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 03:51 PM   #2
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550
Default Re: Seriously?

Sour grapes.

If they want to bash someone, bash the fans who sold their tickets to Steelers fans. You will never see the mass numbers of opposing teams' fans at Heinz...ever. The most you would ever see would be the couple hundred Vikings fans that were said to be at the game 2 weeks ago. If Steelers fans have a chance to buy tickets at other stadiums, they are going to take advantage of it, period. Don't like it? Do something about it.
Old 11-10-2009, 03:57 PM   #3
SteelersMomma
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 15023

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
Sour grapes.

If they want to bash someone, bash the fans who sold their tickets to Steelers fans. You will never see the mass numbers of opposing teams' fans at Heinz...ever. The most you would ever see would be the couple hundred Vikings fans that were said to be at the game 2 weeks ago. If Steelers fans have a chance to buy tickets at other stadiums, they are going to take advantage of it, period. Don't like it? Do something about it.
ohh I agree! I mean we have a very large group of fans all over the united states. Everywhere we play there are TONS of Steeler fans there supporting them. You will never see over 40K people in the stands that are the opposing team at our home territory.
SteelersMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 03:59 PM   #4
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,319 Times in 1,415 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
Sour grapes.

exactly...whats that saying about YOUR OWN FANS , that an oppossing team fans is able to acuire so many tickets...
MasterOfPuppets is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 04:13 PM   #5
Vincent
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 10927

As our senior inside linebacker says, "Its a 5 star match up cuz we in it". That said, its only appropriate that a commensurate number of Steeler fans attend. We appreciate the fans that recognize this and make their tickets available.

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress & the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution,
but overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution."

Abraham Lincoln
Vincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 04:50 PM   #6
Psyychoward86
Living Legend

Member Number: 10772

i love how a lot of them complain that we are classless and ran up the score. Well you know, i believe there are 11 men paid millions to stop 11 other men from advancing the ball to the endzone. Yell at them for not doing their job.
Psyychoward86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 04:52 PM   #7
steelreserve
Goatse + Tubgirl = $$$

Member Number: 1976

Honestly, if you need to sell your tickets to a game, do you ask the buyer which team they're rooting for? Most of the time, it doesn't even come up, especially if you're selling them online. I don't think you can fault anyone for "selling tickets to the enemy."

Only things that proves are:

1) There really are a lot of Pittsburgh fans living in these other cities,
2) In Pittsburgh, more season ticket holders go to all the games, and
3) If they can't go to all the games, Pittsburgh is damn near 100% Steelers fans, so the tickets most likely go to other Steelers fans anyway.

All positive things if you ask me.
Old 11-10-2009, 04:54 PM   #8
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyychoward86 View Post
i love how a lot of them complain that we are classless and ran up the score. Well you know, i believe there are 11 men paid millions to stop 11 other men from advancing the ball to the endzone. Yell at them for not doing their job.
28-10 is running up the score? Not hardly. Going up 30+ points in the first half and continuing to not only keep all the starters in, but continuing to throw the damn ball, even on 4th down to pad a certain douche's stats - THAT is running up the score. Not mentioning any franchise names in particular.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 04:59 PM   #9
steelreserve
Goatse + Tubgirl = $$$

Member Number: 1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyychoward86 View Post
Yeah, not to mention enough time was left that we couldn't run the clock out. Since it was third and goal, our choices were either try to score, or give them the ball back, duh. We had nowhere else to go.

Also, since when does an 18-point win count as "running up the score?"
Old 11-10-2009, 04:59 PM   #10
Psyychoward86
Living Legend

Member Number: 10772

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
28-10 is running up the score? Not hardly. Going up 30+ points in the first half and continuing to not only keep all the starters in, but continuing to throw the damn ball, even on 4th down to pad a certain douche's stats - THAT is running up the score. Not mentioning any franchise names in particular.
http://goallineblitz.com/game/forum_...ead_id=3458356

Psyychoward86 is offline   Reply With Quote