Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Fans United

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 10-26-2009, 11:41 AM   #1
Angus Burgher
Team Captain

Member Number: 15057
Default Any of you know THAT fan?

You know who I'm talking about. The Steelers fan that, after a win, can only talk about the things the team did wrong and who, after one loss, acts like the team is done for the season.

I work with a guy like this. He is a genuine Steelers fan, but I swear, every Monday after a game... the first words out of his mouth when I see him are something about how "the offense couldn't get anything done" or "the other team looked like they had us on the ropes there at the end" or "Big Ben sucked but at least the defense saved us" blah, blah, blah.

Look, I know that our team is far from perfect. And yes, I've cursed at the TV after a fumble, INT, whatever. And when the Steelers do lose, it's like having my spirit crushed for the week. And I understant that even in a win, it's important to evaluate what did go wrong and try to improve upon it.

By my God, only focusing on the negative is just flat out annoying. Especially when the team wins! So what if Ben only threw for one TD (he actually threw for two, but I'm done fighting about that)? So what if Mendenhall blew a chance to score? So what if it was the defense that finished the game? They won! Would you rather that they put up 48 points on offense but still lost because they other team scored 56?

I guess there's just no pleasing people. This is why I hate fantasy football. People get caught up in statistics and it sucks the fun out of seeing your TEAM... not some individual star player... win.
Old 10-26-2009, 11:56 AM   #2
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363
Default Re: Any of you know THAT fan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angus Burgher View Post
You know who I'm talking about. The Steelers fan that, after a win, can only talk about the things the team did wrong and who, after one loss, acts like the team is done for the season.

I work with a guy like this. He is a genuine Steelers fan, but I swear, every Monday after a game... the first words out of his mouth when I see him are something about how "the offense couldn't get anything done" or "the other team looked like they had us on the ropes there at the end" or "Big Ben sucked but at least the defense saved us" blah, blah, blah.

Look, I know that our team is far from perfect. And yes, I've cursed at the TV after a fumble, INT, whatever. And when the Steelers do lose, it's like having my spirit crushed for the week. And I understant that even in a win, it's important to evaluate what did go wrong and try to improve upon it.

By my God, only focusing on the negative is just flat out annoying. Especially when the team wins! So what if Ben only threw for one TD (he actually threw for two, but I'm done fighting about that)? So what if Mendenhall blew a chance to score? So what if it was the defense that finished the game? They won! Would you rather that they put up 48 points on offense but still lost because they other team scored 56?

I guess there's just no pleasing people. This is why I hate fantasy football. People get caught up in statistics and it sucks the fun out of seeing your TEAM... not some individual star player... win.
Hmmmmmm..................Naw.

Lucky for us we dont have anyone like THAT in this forum.
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 12:08 PM   #3
SteelC7
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 14419

its funny i was gonna write a post like this...i understand that, after a loss, yes its ok to be mad at the team IF they shot themselves in the foot and lost a game they really should have won i.e. bungles and bears...but to criticize after a WIN? thats so ridiculous, i honestly think that the ones that just say negative things after a win/loss arent true fans, theyre just complainers who happen to like the steelers wen theyre winning, and if they are a true fan, then theyll be watching the team every week whether we win or lose, so why complain? if ur gonna keep watchin em every sunday/monday and ur bitching does nothing to help or hurt, cuz ya know...YOU'RE NOT A COACH, so why complain so much? like i said, its ok to be mad and vent every once in a while wen the steelers shoot themselves in the foot, but other than that ya gotta let it go
SteelC7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 12:12 PM   #4
NJarhead
BewbmeisterExtraordinaire
Supporter

Member Number: 1932
Thanked 3,150 Times in 1,323 Posts
My Mood: Inspired

That guy posts here under several different names.
Old 10-26-2009, 12:19 PM   #5
KeiselPower99
Living Legend

Member Number: 8552

I wonder where we find those kinda fans at??
Old 10-26-2009, 01:23 PM   #6
Christian Snyder
Team Captain

Member Number: 14544

We're lucky we DON'T have any of those fans here.
Christian Snyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 01:27 PM   #7
Angus Burgher
Team Captain

Member Number: 15057

LOL, yeah it's a given that we have that guy here on these boards under several different names. But I was more referring to people that you all actually know in real life. Internet bitching is annoying too, though.

And yeah, SteelC7 brings up a good point. Supposedly after the 70's Steelers won their first Super Bowl, Chuck Noll talked to the team about things they needed to work on while they were still in the locker room. Why? Well, because he's the coach, and he also happened to be a genius at that.

The fans are not Chuck Noll. They are not Bill Cowher. They are not Mike Tomlin. If we think they need to work on something, chances are, they already know about it and are working on it.
Old 10-26-2009, 02:04 PM   #8
AllD
Team Owner

Member Number: 11931

He is the cousin of Goerge Costanza.
Old 10-26-2009, 02:29 PM   #9
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWarDen86 View Post
That guy posts here under several different names.
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 09:49 AM   #10
arge5809
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 13245

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angus Burgher View Post

AMEN!! Well said! The curse of Fantasy Football!!!!!
arge5809 is offline   Reply With Quote