Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 01-23-2006, 05:16 PM   #1
ZornToLargent
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 1298
Talking Do you guys realize.....

Do you guys realize that if my Seahawks and your Steelers play with the same intensity that both teams played with yesterday......that we are all in for one hell of a great Super Bowl? Damn, just thinking about it...both teams could end up bloodied and half dead by the end of the game.

That being said......sorry Bus.....but you are going to retire without a ring.

Seahawks will win the Super Bowl by 7!!!!
ZornToLargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 05:21 PM   #2
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 370
Default Re: Do you guys realize.....

I have nothing but respect for the 'Hawks.

But I am sorry,you're wrong.As Bradshaw said,the Steelers WILL beat the either of the teams in the NFCCG,and it happens to be you guys that drew the short straw.

Hasselback is gonna go down like a sack of potatoes.

Congrats to the 2009 Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins
RoethlisBURGHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 05:24 PM   #3
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,140 Times in 2,642 Posts

i expect the seahawks to play very hard, but i dont expect the steelers to take them lightly or come out too overconfident. this has caused them to miss superbowl appearances in the past. they are on a mission. after the bengals, colts, and broncos i think the steelers are ready to face the #1 (mvp) player in the league. you may have beaten the road warriors but now you face the ROADBLOCKS!
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 05:34 PM   #4
24seven
Starter

Member Number: 525

I'm not sure if even all 3 running back of those #1,2 and 3 seeds even had 100 yards combined. I can't imagine that we would all the sudden give up massive yards to Alexander regardless of his mvp status. We will tighten the curtain even more for that occasion. The Seahawks are a great team and I've always been a fan living in the greater Northwest as well as living in Seattle but I"m sorry.. The gulls are goin down this time as It's Luke Skywalker time baby!!!! IT IS OUR DESTINY!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-23-2006, 05:41 PM   #5
Chrome_CW
Water Boy

Member Number: 1359

I'm not saying that Alexander will get his 100, but it generally comes in BUNCHES - you guys may stop him 3 plays in a row and then BAM he busts off a 20 yard run - Also, as stout of a defense as the Steelers have the Seahawks Offensive line is regarded by many as the best in the league. It definitely should be a great battle :)

As for Destiny - I understand where you guys are coming from, but if you'd watched all of the Hawks games this year, you'd have a hard time convincing yourself that Seattle isn't the team of destiny.
Chrome_CW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 05:43 PM   #6
TasmanianTroy271
Team Captain

Member Number: 544

Here's my take on the game...

We've stopped Rudi Johnson, Mike Anderson, Edgerrin James, and LT this year. I think we'll be able to stop Shaun Alexander.

We've stopped Jake Plummer, Carson Palmer, and Peyton Manning. We WILL be able to stop Matt Hasselback.
Old 01-23-2006, 05:46 PM   #7
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,140 Times in 2,642 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrome_CW
I'm not saying that Alexander will get his 100, but it generally comes in BUNCHES - you guys may stop him 3 plays in a row and then BAM he busts off a 20 yard run - Als.
id like to introduce you to willie parker.
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 06:00 PM   #8
VegasStlrFan
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 976

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrome_CW
I'm not saying that Alexander will get his 100, but it generally comes in BUNCHES - you guys may stop him 3 plays in a row and then BAM he busts off a 20 yard run - Also, as stout of a defense as the Steelers have the Seahawks Offensive line is regarded by many as the best in the league. It definitely should be a great battle :)

As for Destiny - I understand where you guys are coming from, but if you'd watched all of the Hawks games this year, you'd have a hard time convincing yourself that Seattle isn't the team of destiny.

That's exactly the problem look at the competition. Their schedule was weak. No question their the class of the NFC, but that makes them the best of the worst. Review the Dallas game that Seattle won in the last minute. That's the only 3-4 defense Seattle faced, and they barely beat them. Seattle's line will have problems w/ the Steelers upfront and thats where games are won and lost.
VegasStlrFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 06:12 PM   #9
Trufant23
Water Boy

Member Number: 1365

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasStlrFan
That's exactly the problem look at the competition. Their schedule was weak. No question their the class of the NFC, but that makes them the best of the worst. Review the Dallas game that Seattle won in the last minute. That's the only 3-4 defense Seattle faced, and they barely beat them. Seattle's line will have problems w/ the Steelers upfront and thats where games are won and lost.
We were a very different team since that Dallas game. Just like you guys are a different team now as compare to when you had a 3-game losing streak in which you turned around and beat 2 of those teams in the playoffs(Bengals,Colts). So please don't bring up Week 7 stuff.

February 5, 2006 Been waiting 22 years for this....
Trufant23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 06:14 PM   #10
ZornToLargent
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 1298

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasStlrFan
I dunno....ask the Redskins and the Panthers how good our O-line is. Hell...ask them how our defense is while your at it. Both of those teams tried to talk about strength of schedule and all that jazz.....and we beat them both. You'll find that we (as any great SB team does) have done nothing but intesify our level of play this post season. If you are banking on anything but an incredibly tough match up...you're mistaken.

The way we played yesterday....such a balanced attack.....I don't know if there is a team we can't beat...AFC or NFC. We looked like the best yesterday....and Super Bowl bound we are with lots to prove to the entire nation.

It will be one hell of a fight!!!
ZornToLargent is offline   Reply With Quote