Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 01-23-2006, 06:24 PM   #11
Ambridge
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 604
Default Re: Do you guys realize.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZornToLargent
I dunno....ask the Redskins and the Panthers how good our O-line is. Hell...ask them how our defense is while your at it. Both of those teams tried to talk about strength of schedule and all that jazz.....and we beat them both. You'll find that we (as any great SB team does) have done nothing but intesify our level of play this post season. If you are banking on anything but an incredibly tough match up...you're mistaken.

The way we played yesterday....such a balanced attack.....I don't know if there is a team we can't beat...AFC or NFC. We looked like the best yesterday....and Super Bowl bound we are with lots to prove to the entire nation.

It will be one hell of a fight!!!
Dude get real!!
I respect the Hawks but Carolina had to play one dimensional football yesterday with no running game at all.
With no DeShaun Foster and Nick Goings playing injured that left pretty easy pickings for the Seahawk defense.
Ambridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 06:34 PM   #12
Trufant23
Water Boy

Member Number: 1365

Quote:
Originally Posted by TasmanianTroy271
Here's my take on the game...

We've stopped Rudi Johnson, Mike Anderson, Edgerrin James, and LT this year. I think we'll be able to stop Shaun Alexander.

We've stopped Jake Plummer, Carson Palmer, and Peyton Manning. We WILL be able to stop Matt Hasselback.
Running Backs you claimed you stopped in all games you played against them this season.

Rudi Johnson
46 carries 219yds 4.8ypc 3TD
You didnt stop him

Mike Anderson
9 carries 36yds 4.0ypc 1TD
Denver playcalling stopped him, not you guys

Edgerrin James
42 carries 180yds 4.3ypc 1TD
Peyton's audible's to pass plays stopped him, not you guys

LT
18 carries 62 yds 3.4ypc 1TD
You freaking stuffed his ass, but he did have good receiving stats...

Quarterbacks you claimed you stopped in all games you played against them this season.

Jake Plummer
No stats needed, you guys physically and mentally harassed this man!

Carson Palmer
Had good stats in both regular season games, but you cant say you stopped him in the playoffs. But you did stop Kitna

Peyton
Another man you guys beat up on..Good job

All in all, its going to be a good game. Just dont say that shaun and matt will get stopped. We can win in the air or on the ground, so be ready for both. laters

February 5, 2006 Been waiting 22 years for this....
Trufant23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 06:36 PM   #13
SteelerDan43
Banned
Supporter

Location: From Pittsburgh, currently going to school in Rochester
Member Number: 811

here we go again, just a new week with another team... can we get an over under on how long till this thread becomes the blast furnace?
SteelerDan43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 06:39 PM   #14
Trufant23
Water Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambridge
Dude get real!!
I respect the Hawks but Carolina had to play one dimensional football yesterday with no running game at all.
With no DeShaun Foster and Nick Goings playing injured that left pretty easy pickings for the Seahawk defense.
Dude get real!!
I respect the Steelers but Cincinatti had to play zero dimensional football with no passing game at all. With no Carson Palmer and Chris Henry playing injured that left pretty easy pickings for the Steelers defense.

Look man, this talk can go either way.....

Old 01-23-2006, 06:40 PM   #15
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302

Quote:
Do you guys realize that if my Seahawks and your Steelers play with the same intensity that both teams played with yesterday......that we are all in for one hell of a great Super Bowl? Damn, just thinking about it...both teams could end up bloodied and half dead by the end of the game.

That being said......sorry Bus.....but you are going to retire without a ring.

Seahawks will win the Super Bowl by 7!!!!
I`m surprised that a guy with your inteligence, can spell BUS!

Actually the Steelers will win by 7, as in #7, by 10. Ben will be kicking your @$$ back to thw left coast
Old 01-23-2006, 06:42 PM   #16
Trufant23
Water Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerDan43
here we go again, just a new week with another team... can we get an over under on how long till this thread becomes the blast furnace?
4 days. I'll put 50 on the under. nice sig steelerdan43. i root for all samoans in the league and Polamalu is one of the best. (im samoan as well)

Old 01-23-2006, 06:45 PM   #17
ZornToLargent
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 1298

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevestinks
I`m surprised that a guy with your inteligence, can spell BUS!

Actually the Steelers will win by 7, as in #7, by 10. Ben will be kicking your @$$ back to thw left coast
Damn....I am not even done talking trash with the Carolina House Cats yet....give me a few days and I'll be ready to smack talk with you....just not yet. We have to pace ourselves as fans....we have 2 weeks to wait. :D
ZornToLargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 06:47 PM   #18
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

I knew we would get no respect from seacrows fans. although they were kissing our @$$E$ for knocking off Indy. This BUS is clicking on cylinders. Have you ever seen a bird hit the windshield of a BUS, not pretty! Just Bird $hit!
Old 01-23-2006, 06:49 PM   #19
VegasStlrFan
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 976

The strength of schedule is weaker, but that's not why I'm saying Seattle will have problems with the Steelers D. They will be playing against defensive fronts that they are not familiar with seeing. Week 7 is a long time ago and I'm sure they have gotten better since then, however that is the only time they have faced a 3-4. Obviously the Oline is not a push over, look at Alexanders stats. I'm talking about blocking scenarios against a front 7 that will give them fits. If you don't think that is a big deal, it will be a long day.

The Panthers & Skins have nothing to do with this game any more than Broncos, Colts, or Bengals. The Hawks played well on Sunday as did the Steelers. The Steelers will not under estimate Seattle. It will be a good game
VegasStlrFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 06:52 PM   #20
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Damn....I am not even done talking trash with the Carolina House Cats yet....give me a few days and I'll be ready to smack talk with you....just not yet. We have to pace ourselves as fans....we have 2 weeks to wait. :D
I wanted to wait until next week as well, then you threw the first blow, about Bettis retiring with no ring! You make it to one SB, now your Gods gift! Many have come in here the last six weeks and talk, talk , talk, then Sundays come and PPFFFFFFFFF! Gone! Next week the blast furnace!
This week, You guys played awesome, I`m more than happy to be going to the Superbowl, and playing anybody. Next week I suppose the smack will begin! See you then!