Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 01-23-2006, 08:06 PM   #21
Trufant23
Water Boy

Member Number: 1365
Default Re: Do you guys realize.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasStlrFan
The strength of schedule is weaker, but that's not why I'm saying Seattle will have problems with the Steelers D. They will be playing against defensive fronts that they are not familiar with seeing. Week 7 is a long time ago and I'm sure they have gotten better since then, however that is the only time they have faced a 3-4. Obviously the Oline is not a push over, look at Alexanders stats. I'm talking about blocking scenarios against a front 7 that will give them fits. If you don't think that is a big deal, it will be a long day.

The Panthers & Skins have nothing to do with this game any more than Broncos, Colts, or Bengals. The Hawks played well on Sunday as did the Steelers. The Steelers will not under estimate Seattle. It will be a good game
You aint lying about that. Its gonna be a hell of a good game. Your right that we havent played a solid 3-4 such as the steelers who also have THE best zone-blitzing team in the league. Im wondering what seattle will do to counter your various blitz schemes. Just one thing that i gotta throw in there, you guys havent played a team that has mastered the purest form of the West Coast Offense, a great offense against zone blitzing. We'll just have to wait and see.

February 5, 2006 Been waiting 22 years for this....
Trufant23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 08:07 PM   #22
Ambridge
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 604

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trufant23
Dude get real!!
I respect the Steelers but Cincinatti had to play zero dimensional football with no passing game at all. With no Carson Palmer and Chris Henry playing injured that left pretty easy pickings for the Steelers defense.

Look man, this talk can go either way.....

If you remember correctly Jon Kitna played pretty damn good going into halftime and with a lead to boot.
Cincy just folded under the pressure.
I guess Peyton Manning and Jake Plummer just decided to take the day when they played the Steelers.

Back to the Hawks!!
You can even make the excuse that the Redskins were very limited on offense with an injured Clinton Portis with the Seahawks getting to chase a limited and also injured Mark Brunell.

I do agree that the talk can go either way.
Ambridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 10:21 PM   #23
louisvillecards
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 998

who ride we ride lets ride
louisvillecards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 10:26 PM   #24
buswreck
Water Boy

Member Number: 1287

I'm worried,if Seattle can stop a superior receiver like Steve Smith, They will certainly shut down Heinz Ward and Ed L. Randle. What will we do then,maybe Heath?
buswreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 10:33 PM   #25
louisvillecards
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 998

Quote:
Originally Posted by buswreck
I'm worried,if Seattle can stop a superior receiver like Steve Smith, They will certainly shut down Heinz Ward and Ed L. Randle. What will we do then,maybe Heath?
go away troll you dont fool no one go to the the space needle and jump after you go down in defeat
louisvillecards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 10:44 PM   #26
Trufant23
Water Boy

Member Number: 1365

Quote:
Originally Posted by louisvillecards
go away troll you dont fool no one go to the the space needle and jump after you go down in defeat
fu*kin trolls lol!!!!

February 5, 2006 Been waiting 22 years for this....
Trufant23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 10:53 PM   #27
Sharkissle29
Team President

Member Number: 910

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZornToLargent
I dunno....ask the Redskins and the Panthers how good our O-line is. Hell...ask them how our defense is while your at it. Both of those teams tried to talk about strength of schedule and all that jazz.....and we beat them both. You'll find that we (as any great SB team does) have done nothing but intesify our level of play this post season. If you are banking on anything but an incredibly tough match up...you're mistaken.

The way we played yesterday....such a balanced attack.....I don't know if there is a team we can't beat...AFC or NFC. We looked like the best yesterday....and Super Bowl bound we are with lots to prove to the entire nation.

It will be one hell of a fight!!!
ask the colts and the broncos how good they thought they're o line...and even the bengals for that matter...this game will be no different
Old 01-23-2006, 10:55 PM   #28
Stlrs4Life
Tailgate Coordinator
Supporter

Member Number: 419

We stop Alexander, and this game is ours.

It's not just Steeler Football, it's a way of Life! "I'm a Champion"
Stlrs4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 10:55 PM   #29
Sharkissle29
Team President

Member Number: 910

Quote:
name a WR other than steve smith on that team.....yes, without lookin it up. you might be able to stop one. but pick your poison, guard ward...we got el and wilson.....pick your poison wisely, but ur getting the dosage either way
Old 01-23-2006, 11:14 PM   #30
Koopa
Living Legend

Member Number: 508

Quote:
damn you are the sorriest excuse of a fan. damn i've seen like four of your post and i already can't stand you, you are worse then the shitstain tolls. as soon as we win you gonna come around acting like you never had a doubt. well **** you go hang yourself or something cause you are really starting to get on my nerves
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote