Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 11-16-2009, 05:06 PM   #1
mesaSteeler
A Son of Martha
Supporter

Member Number: 10438
Default Roethlisberger had weird feelings about Bengals game

Roethlisberger had weird feelings about Bengals game
November 16, 6:27 AMPittsburgh Sports Examiner
Matt Pawlikowski
http://www.examiner.com/x-2703-Pitts...-Bengals-game#

PITTSBURGH - Ben Roethlisberger is a competitor. He is having a Pro Bowl year, one in which he is on pace to smash Terry Bradshaw’s team record for passing yards in a season.

But when it comes to the game of football, mojo is a big thing. After the Steelers 18-12 loss to the Bengals, Roethlisberger admitted coming into the contest he had a weird feeling.

“From the get go something was just missing. Something was weird about the day," Roethlisberger said. "I don't know if it was the weather in November, I don't know what it was. Seemed like even the crowd in the beginning, everyone just kind of different, everything was different. But no excuse, we need to play better."

Roethlisberger was sacked four times. He had a passer rating of 51.5, tossed an interception and had just 174 yards in the air. While he was able to move the team down the field, when it came to the Red Zone and third down conversions, the offense sputtered against the Bengals.

“This may not make sense, but we did things we don’t normally don’t do and we didn’t do things we normally do,” Roethlisberger said. “We weren’t good in the red zone, we weren’t good in the pass, and we weren’t good in the run and just didn’t play well. Offensively, I didn’t play well. I played bad and it starts with me up there. So I have to make corrections and adjustments and pick up my play.

More than once, Roethlisberger shouldered the blame showing the leader he is, and also credited the Bengals defense.

“We got down there and had some great plays, they just batted down some balls and got some pressure, when we had guys open, and they played well.” Roethlisberger said. “ We just didn’t make the plays we normally do and it’s frustrating, but coach always says we don’t evaluate too early, it hurts but we move on.”

HIT OF THE DAY – In the third quarter on a third down play and the Bengals Carson Palmer hit tight end J.P. Foshi for a six yard gain. Tyrone Carter immediately knocked him back five yards with his monstrous hit.

GUTSY CALL – It’s the fouth quarter, there is 13:35 left in the game. The score is 12-9 and the Steelers are on the Cincinnati 11-yard line. Instead of got for a field goal to tie things up Tomlin gambled and went for it on a fourth and one. Roethlisberger got the first down, but

WHERE’S WARD? - He was one of the league’s leading receivers to start the season, but for a second consecutive week, wasn’t a big player in the offensive scheme. On the afternoon, he had just four receptions for 24 yards. While he would like to have played a bigger role and wasn’t happy with the loss, Ward also said there is plenty of season left.

"It's tough,'' said Ward. "But the season is not over. Anything can happen. They did what they had to do for the year. Is the season over? No.''

LOGANS RUN - While the return game with Logan has been much improved, the special teams unit once again allowed yet another touchdown. This time it was the unheralded Bernard Scott, who took Jeff Reeds kick back 96 yards for the score.

Admittedly, Logan who was given a roster spot for his return ability, says not being able to do the same is frustrating.

“I put a lot of pressure on myself, because we have had three kickoffs run back on ourselves, and there have been 11 returned this year,” Logan said. “ I’m not the type of guy who sits on it and weeps about it, but I have to do a lot better myself returning those kicks to put my team in a better position.”

SEEING RED – The Bengals were the top team in the league when it came to scoring touchdowns from the Red Zone. On Sunday the Steelers defense kept them out. But none of the unit found solace in that fact.

“ We had some chances where we had to come away with making plays, to give the offense a short field and where they could get some points on the board,” cornerback Ike Taylor said. “ We didn’t make those plays. And nine times out of ten, when you don’t make those plays they keep kicking field goals.”

QUOTABLE - We came in here today with the intent on playing winning football, whatever that entails, you know style points is not something that we’re highly concerned about. We weren’t able to put together enough plays to win the football game and that’s the reality of it.
mesaSteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 05:55 PM   #2
markymarc
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 2292
Default Re: Roethlisberger had weird feelings about Bengals game

Don't sweat it Ben. The game is over with and now put your energy into the Chiefs. Bring it strong down the stretch
markymarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 06:12 PM   #3
Tankus_Maximus
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 519

Wow...so Ben had a "feeling within the force", or a hint that "something was wrong with the matrix". It's funny cuz I had the same feeling everytime I saw him get sacked, but the feeling was especially strong when the announcers said that Taz had gotten injured and his return was doubtful.

"I'm not locked up in here with you. You're locked up in here with me." -Rorschach
Tankus_Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 06:14 PM   #4
stillers4me
Living Legend

Member Number: 2656

I had that feeling about the first game. Hubby snagged tickets to the game and was mad because I didn't want to go and put up with Bengals fans. I relented and have now vowed never to step foot in that rathole again.
"We're not going to turn our backs on him," Ward said. "We're going to treat him like our brother. We're going to accept him back and be very supportive of him and help him get through this. In this locker room, he's still our quarterback."
stillers4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 06:17 PM   #5
iloveben7
Team Captain

Member Number: 3165

yesterday was just a weird day.
Let's move on and kick some Kansas City butts

My dream is to meet my HERO, Ben Roethlisberger
iloveben7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 06:17 PM   #6
Nadroj 20
Team President

Member Number: 14045

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
I had that feeling about the first game. Hubby snagged tickets to the game and was mad because I didn't want to go and put up with Bengals fans. I relented and have now vowed never to step foot in that rathole again.
Wow i know it must be different because you have to put up with that crap every day but if i had a chance to go to a cincy game in cincy i would stuff cotton balls in my ears and go! LOL

Like i said though i havent went through the crap you have before im sure lol
Nadroj 20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 06:34 PM   #7
SteelCityMom

Member Number:

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloveben7 View Post
yesterday was just a weird day.
Let's move on and kick some Kansas City butts
Yeah, I agree...it was just one of those days. Every good team has them.

The Redskins beating the Broncos, GB beating the Cowboys and the Saints almost losing to the Rams made for a very weird Sunday indeed.

I don't expect Ben and the team to be perfect every Sunday, just hope they don't dwell on it too long, take away the needed lessons from this loss and move forward as a team.
Old 11-16-2009, 06:34 PM   #8
stillers4me
Living Legend

Member Number: 2656

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadroj 20 View Post
Wow i know it must be different because you have to put up with that crap every day but if i had a chance to go to a cincy game in cincy i would stuff cotton balls in my ears and go! LOL

Like i said though i havent went through the crap you have before im sure lol
I have been down there 3 times ....yes it's wonderful to see our team in Cinci, but my next game will be in beloved Heinz Field. We went two years ago and nothing compares.
"We're not going to turn our backs on him," Ward said. "We're going to treat him like our brother. We're going to accept him back and be very supportive of him and help him get through this. In this locker room, he's still our quarterback."
stillers4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 06:59 PM   #9
iloveben7
Team Captain

Member Number: 3165

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityMom View Post
Yeah, I agree...it was just one of those days. Every good team has them.

The Redskins beating the Broncos, GB beating the Cowboys and the Saints almost losing to the Rams made for a very weird Sunday indeed.

I don't expect Ben and the team to be perfect every Sunday, just hope they don't dwell on it too long, take away the needed lessons from this loss and move forward as a team.
no one is perfect every game, including the greats. Usually after the offense has a bad game we come out firing in the next one. We are very good about not dwelling on the last loss and being able to move on.

My dream is to meet my HERO, Ben Roethlisberger
iloveben7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 07:44 PM   #10
SMR
Starter

Member Number: 2111

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloveben7 View Post
no one is perfect every game, including the greats. Usually after the offense has a bad game we come out firing in the next one. We are very good about not dwelling on the last loss and being able to move on.
I sure hope you're right cuz last time we lost, we lost TWO in a row (dwell much?)
SMR is offline   Reply With Quote