Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 11-19-2009, 03:52 AM   #21
stb_steeler
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 14315
Default Re: Bengals aren't division champs yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
Personally, right now, i hope BOTH teams win out and face each other at the divisional or championship playoff game. NOTHING would revenge the loss Sunday like knocking Cinci out in their house in the playoffs.

In fact, there is no WAY that team can beat the Steelers three times in one year, and I consider a Bengals playoff game the absolute best case scenario for us at this point. i have no fear of the Bengals in spite of losing two straight to them...
I would love to see that to....Kinda like 2005 all over again...go ahead ochostinko i dare ya to wipe that TT on your shoes...LoL

Might as well dress em in skirts!
stb_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 06:11 AM   #22
stillers4me
Living Legend

Member Number: 2656

There's an evil part of me that weants to see them win the division, lose their first playoff game, and then listen to all fans whine next year when the see there 1st place schedule and fall back into obscurity. Having the Steelers go on to win the Superbowl or at least make to the AFCCG would be icing on the cake.

But I'm funny that way.
"We're not going to turn our backs on him," Ward said. "We're going to treat him like our brother. We're going to accept him back and be very supportive of him and help him get through this. In this locker room, he's still our quarterback."
stillers4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 11:01 AM   #23
Angus Burgher
Team Captain

Member Number: 15057

Yeah, I fail to understand how so many so-called analysts are acting like this game was proof that the Bengals are some unstoppable juggernaut. Defensively, yes, they played very well. But offensively? If you want to trash Ben and the Steelers offense for not finishing drives and not gaining a lot of yards, well then you'd better not put Palmer and his offense up on a pedestal. They were as ineffective as we were; it's evidenced by the same number of offensive points (12) and nearly identical passing and rushing yards.

Thus I'm not sold on the Bengals. Ravens fans still thought their team was superior to us after we beat them THREE times last year and nobody called them on it. Why should we be any different? The Steelers, when playing 100% (i.e. with all the key members... we're missing you Troy), are a better team than the Bengals.
Old 11-19-2009, 10:05 PM   #24
B.A.B.
Banned

Member Number: 15376

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angus Burgher View Post
Yeah, I fail to understand how so many so-called analysts are acting like this game was proof that the Bengals are some unstoppable juggernaut. Defensively, yes, they played very well. But offensively? If you want to trash Ben and the Steelers offense for not finishing drives and not gaining a lot of yards, well then you'd better not put Palmer and his offense up on a pedestal. They were as ineffective as we were; it's evidenced by the same number of offensive points (12) and nearly identical passing and rushing yards.

Thus I'm not sold on the Bengals. Ravens fans still thought their team was superior to us after we beat them THREE times last year and nobody called them on it. Why should we be any different? The Steelers, when playing 100% (i.e. with all the key members... we're missing you Troy), are a better team than the Bengals.
A better team than the Bengals as evidenced by what? You're using the same excuse as the last game. You guys are made up of excuses. We didn't have Cedric Benson, who came into the game as the NFL's 2ND LEADING RUSHER. Our starting LB Keith Rivers was out. Our starting and awesome CB Leon Hall was in and out of the game the whole afternoon and was being replaced by 6th round rookie Morgan Trent. We had no running game at all, which we've come to rely on, and we still got more points than you. Our defense SMASHED Ben. If you want an excuse as to why he was "out of sync" it was because Brandon Johnson and Jonathan Fanene were stuck up his ass the entire game. I don't care what your stats are man. We won twice, and the second time we defensively dominated you guys AT YOUR OWN FIELD. So what if Carson didn't do it throwing for 3+ TDs. So what if Chad only had 20-30 yards. Does that matter in the slightest? Has that ever mattered when you guys in the past have ran it up the gut on us, replying on Ben throwing BS screen passes and Bettis to run it up the middle?

You guys lost. And the fact that you're still complaining about it and saying that you're the better team still just makes you more and more pathetic. Your excuse is that Ben didn't finish drives? Well neither did Carson. We had more key starters injured than you did, and we've been adjusting to losing starters on defense since the beginning of the season. First Odom went on IR. Then Roy Williams. Now Keith Rivers is having injury problems again. Well, you know what? We ADJUST. If your whole D revolves around 1 player, like you guys like to act like it does, YOU WILL LOSE.

Go cry about it.
B.A.B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 10:26 PM   #25
steelerchad
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 5792

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.A.B. View Post
A better team than the Bengals as evidenced by what? You're using the same excuse as the last game. You guys are made up of excuses. We didn't have Cedric Benson, who came into the game as the NFL's 2ND LEADING RUSHER. Our starting LB Keith Rivers was out. Our starting and awesome CB Leon Hall was in and out of the game the whole afternoon and was being replaced by 6th round rookie Morgan Trent. We had no running game at all, which we've come to rely on, and we still got more points than you. Our defense SMASHED Ben. If you want an excuse as to why he was "out of sync" it was because Brandon Johnson and Jonathan Fanene were stuck up his ass the entire game. I don't care what your stats are man. We won twice, and the second time we defensively dominated you guys AT YOUR OWN FIELD. So what if Carson didn't do it throwing for 3+ TDs. So what if Chad only had 20-30 yards. Does that matter in the slightest? Has that ever mattered when you guys in the past have ran it up the gut on us, replying on Ben throwing BS screen passes and Bettis to run it up the middle?

You guys lost. And the fact that you're still complaining about it and saying that you're the better team still just makes you more and more pathetic. Your excuse is that Ben didn't finish drives? Well neither did Carson. We had more key starters injured than you did, and we've been adjusting to losing starters on defense since the beginning of the season. First Odom went on IR. Then Roy Williams. Now Keith Rivers is having injury problems again. Well, you know what? We ADJUST. If your whole D revolves around 1 player, like you guys like to act like it does, YOU WILL LOSE.

Go cry about it.
Yea, I was at the game and it was ugly. Obviously didn't play well. You can say we played bad or you could say the Bengals made us play bad. Either way we lost this game. But all isn't lost for the season. In fact, we're exactly where we were a year ago. I figured 11-5 for this team as the Steelers never stack up 14-2 seasons. I think we are well on our way to that kind of record and the playoffs. What I didn't expect is the Bengals to play as well as they have this year. It looks like 11-5 may not be good enough to take the division this year, but it will be good enough to get in the tournament. The key will be playing well and being healthy going into January. If we are on both counts, I like our chances against anyone. I'm not going to say we'll blow anyone off the field, but we'll be good enough to win a tough, close came against the best teams in the NFL.

I remember the last time the Bengals were decent. 2005. Congrats on that AFC North Championship. Fly that banner with pride.

In the AFCN, most years it's the Ravens and Us. Some years it's the Bengals and Us. Every once in a while it's the Browns and Us. See the trend, the one constant is US.
steelerchad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 10:26 PM   #26
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:

Go cry about it.
Aren't you just a "bad ass" from behind that little screen there Bungles Boy? You Bungles fans were thumping your chests in 2005 and look how that worked for you. :too funny:

Most of us here have congratulated the Bungles on their win - I notice how you conveniently missed those threads.

Take your ass back to Shitsinnati.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 10:35 PM   #27
Nadroj 20
Team President

Member Number: 14045

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
Aren't you just a "bad ass" from behind that little screen there Bungles Boy? You Bungles fans were thumping your chests in 2005 and look how that worked for you. :too funny:

Most of us here have congratulated the Bungles on their win - I notice how you conveniently missed those threads.

Take your ass back to Shitsinnati.
Yes! I knew that guy would last i love it when you take out the garbage
Nadroj 20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 11:37 PM   #28
Steelers & I
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 10560

Quote:

Go cry about it.

Steelers & I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 11:45 PM   #29
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 10,361 Times in 4,303 Posts

Quote:
We had more key starters injured than you did, and we've been adjusting to losing starters on defense since the beginning of the season. First Odom went on IR. :
your "key" starters are nothing but fluffs compared to our top 22. thats why the poor bungles are so easilly replacable when they go down.
Old 11-20-2009, 03:28 AM   #30
LambertWardSteel
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 11433

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerchad View Post

I remember the last time the Bengals were decent. 2005. Congrats on that AFC North Championship. Fly that banner with pride.

The funny thing about this is...after Steelers won in 05, I caught some posts somewhere where Bungle fans were saying things like: well, they may have won the Super Bowl, but WE are the division champs

LambertWardSteel is offline   Reply With Quote