Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 01-25-2006, 05:38 AM   #41
area51lofa
Water Boy

Member Number: 1395
Default Re: West coast offense vs Blitzburgh Defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardwork
The Dallas game is the key. Seattle has a very good OL but if they can't figure out what happen against the Cowboys they won't be able to beat the Steelers 3-4.

Seattle had only 72 yards rushing on 22 carries against Dallas. They were only 3 for 13 on third downs.

Further, Seattle lost 3 games this year. In each one of them Alexander was under 100 yards.

the 'HAWKS were without BOTH starting wideouts for this game, and Hass wasnt as comfortable with the backups as he is now. DALLAS was able to put 8 to 9 def in the box to stop SA.

if the STEELERS are foolish 'nuff to try the same thing this game, Hass will eat them alive

the game with the 'BOYS may not be the wisest thing to put your faith in...IMHO, how the 'HAWKS handle the STEELERS 3-4 is the biggest key to the game. should be a great, knock-down, drag out fight with the team that makes the best in-game adjustments winning.
area51lofa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 09:47 AM   #42
Avoid Lloyd
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 1024

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2900DegreeHawk
I think it is going to be a pretty awsome game. I looked up common opponents and from my analysis it means absolutely nothing.

Both teams lost to Jacksonville
Both team beat the Texans although Seattle Murdered them while Pitt just mugged them.
Both teams beat the Titans, although Pit Killed them.
Seattle beat Indy, but Indy was playing thier JV squad. Pitt lost but beat them when it counted.
Pitt Beat Green Bay, Seattle Lost with thier JV Squad.

Well that was a giant waste of time.

You can't really look at those games. Wow, both teams beat the Texans and Titans - they suck so that doesn't prove anything. Beating Indy's second stringers doesn't count, and neither does losing with your own second stringers in.

We both lost to Jacksonville, but we had Tommy Maddox in...
Avoid Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 11:09 AM   #43
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,069 Times in 2,612 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueTalon
Ever since Whitset was canned and Ruskell was hired, that has been a strong focus. They got rid of the me-first guys, brought in team guys, and the results have been incredible!

I'm wondering how the team unity for the Steelers this year compares to recent years. Steeler guys?
the steelers have always been a tightly nit group with no clicks. offensive guys hanging out with defensive guys. pulling rookies into the loop etc. but i have read alot more stories about team unity going back to the miami game last year when they were stuck in a blackout in their hotel. lebeau has gelled the defense. they have rallied behind a rookie/2nd year qb. hines was signed for the longterm and the focus of winning one for bettis and the coach (whom they all love). bill cowher summed it up best in his press conference after the win in indy:

Is this team more a product of coaching than other years?

"I think it?s all a combination of working together. The players are the one?s who play the game, let?s face. They have to have trust in the things that you?re asking them to do. There?s got to be communication that takes place with what you?re telling them in a short period of time. It all goes hand-in-hand. You look at good organizations and teams that are successful, there?s a trust and relationship that exists between players and coaches that?s one-in-one. We have that here. It?s very, very healthy around here. You can see how we work and how we practice. It?s not just offense guys and offensive coaches or defensive coaches with defensive players. It?s a whole football team. This is a true football team that truly cares about one another. The other day when the offense was up I was trying to talk to the defense. Half the defensive players are watching the offense and vice-versa. Not many people are sitting on the bench and I think that speaks volumes about your team"
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 11:22 AM   #44
BlueTalon
Water Boy

Member Number: 1437

Thanks! I love it when teams have chemistry and a tight-knittedness like that. Personally, since I really didn't care who won in the AFC, I'm glad a team like that took it all. I get really irritated by teams whose players scream at each other on the sidelines, scream at the coaches, badmouth each other to the press, etc. So I'm happy that two quality teams, whose players have each others' backs, are in the big one.

(I admit, I'd still be happy with the Seahawks in the Super Bowl even if they didn't have good chemistry, but I'm absolutely stoked that they're in and they've got chemistry!)
Old 01-25-2006, 11:23 AM   #45
smashmouth
Water Boy

Member Number: 1463

The Defensive schemes will be different this week than all other weeks. This is why they are successful. Its all about who is coming and when! Whos drops in coverage and when. Is it delayed or right from the snap. Don't try and guess what will happen it will not be the same.

A Cold Rock and a Sausage Sammich! Now that what I'm talking about!
smashmouth is offline   Reply With Quote