Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS

Old 11-17-2009, 11:58 PM   #11
SoCalFan
Head Coach

Member Number: 14860
Default Re: Wild Card Standings

I just want to see the bungholes in the playoffs!Those fans think the tides have turned?I just tell them to win a playoff game,let alone a Superbowl!
Old 11-18-2009, 03:33 AM   #12
Galax Steeler
The Virginia Hillbilly
Supporter

Member Number: 3287
Thanked 3,204 Times in 1,359 Posts
My Mood: Lurking

We are talking wild card here. I am not ready to take a wildcard we still have a shot at the north. There is still alot of football to be played.
Old 11-18-2009, 08:15 AM   #13
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 1,263 Times in 529 Posts

Believe it or not, I might go as far to say the Steelers will win the division! I see us losing no more than one more game this season, 2 at the maximum. I expect us to split with Baltimore judging by how the way both teams play the brand of football. It's ALWAYS tough with those guys, regardless of record.

Green Bay, and Miami are joker games. You just DON'T know what team you're going to get, thus making them dangerous. Hopefully by the 16th game, we are at least guaranteed a playoff spot, first and foremost. I don't want it coming down to Miami, but we could go undefeated the rest of the way.

I have a feeling Cinci has at least 3 games left in them to lose, but I expect them to lose two the rest of the way, but the feeling is still there that they could indeed slip up.

They have two back to back tough challenges on the road, in consecutive weeks. That's @ Minny, and @ SD, both to where I think they lose. Also, the Jets could knock them off a peg and don't give up on an Oakland or a Cleveland believe it or not.

It'll be interesting to see how it plays out, but if the Steelers either win out, or lose only 1, which is possible, I can see us win this thing.
Old 11-18-2009, 08:34 AM   #14
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galax Steeler View Post
We are talking wild card here. I am not ready to take a wildcard we still have a shot at the north. There is still alot of football to be played.
Exactly. NOTHING has been decided yet.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 09:09 AM   #15
Edman
Living Legend

Member Number: 3261
My Mood: Brooding

The most we lost from the Bengals game is a tiebreaker. We have a chance at the division, but we're going to have to beat the Bengals in overall record.

The Bengals are 5-0 against the division, but they still aren't running away with the North. Just like us last year. We went 6-0 against the North, but the Ravens were still all over our asses all season. Nothing is guaranteed in the AFC North.
Edman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 12:20 PM   #16
SteelersGirlTN7
Starter

Member Number: 71

Also, if I'm not mistaken... we don't have to worry about the AFC-W teams taking our WC spot, unless we somehow finish with a worse record ...

Don't get me wrong, I still see us having a chance to take the division... but since we beat both Denver AND San Diego... whoever doesn't win the division probably won't get the WC either if we end up a wild card.

Right now though, I'm just thinking win out and we don't have to worry about all that! :-)
SteelersGirlTN7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 06:25 PM   #17
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
Exactly. NOTHING has been decided yet.
I wouldn't go that far. With the Bungles winning both games against us, they have taken a decisive advantage in the AFCN. We are essentially two games back with 7 games to go. The Bungles have games against Minnesota and San Diego, both of which are potential losses. The rest, Browns, Raiders, Lions and Chiefs, are going to be a stretch for them to lose (though anything surely is possible).

On the other hand, we will have to win out. Not that tough to do, but we do have a game against Green Bay and two games against the Ravens (who always play us tough).

Can we still win the AFCN? Absolutely. But we need a lot of help now. I'd say chances are 3 in 10 that we make it as AFCN Champs. 4 in 5 that we make it in the top WC spot.
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 11:24 PM   #18
SteelersinCA
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 9302

I'm hoping if we get a wild card I will get to see the Steelers play here in sunny SD!!!
SteelersinCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 12:02 AM   #19
Steelboy84
Banned

Member Number: 13983

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
I wouldn't go that far. With the Bungles winning both games against us, they have taken a decisive advantage in the AFCN. We are essentially two games back with 7 games to go. The Bungles have games against Minnesota and San Diego, both of which are potential losses. The rest, Browns, Raiders, Lions and Chiefs, are going to be a stretch for them to lose (though anything surely is possible).

On the other hand, we will have to win out. Not that tough to do, but we do have a game against Green Bay and two games against the Ravens (who always play us tough).

Can we still win the AFCN? Absolutely. But we need a lot of help now. I'd say chances are 3 in 10 that we make it as AFCN Champs. 4 in 5 that we make it in the top WC spot.
I think the Jets have a shot at beating them too. They have to go to NY. I see the Bungals finishing 11-5 and us 12-4 or 13-3.

Steelboy84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 12:31 PM   #20
markymarc
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 2292

At worse we take a wild card spot, but anything can happen over the final 7 games. I am not ruling out taking the AFC North division until we are mathematically out from it happening. I would love nothing more than to face the Bungles again in the playoffs.
markymarc is offline   Reply With Quote