Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS

Old 11-21-2009, 05:27 PM   #1
steelerchad
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 5792
Default Will Steeler domination ever end?

They say all good things must come to an end. But I've been a Steeler fan all my life and I'm about to turn 40 next year and I'm still waiting for the fall.

Not only have they won more Super Bowls than any other team, but they rarely have losing seasons. In my lifetime only 7 losing seasons, 33 seasons with a .500 record or better. Of the 7 losing seasons, 5-11 was the worst record. I realize that's poor, but plenty of teams have worse seasons on a routine basis. Just ask the Bengals, Browns, Dolphins, Jets, Bills, Texans, Raiders, Chiefs, Redskins, Cardinals, Rams, 49ers, Bears, Lions, Buccaneers, and Falcons.

This team has made the playoffs 26 times and played in 14 AFC championship games during this time. They've only had 3 coaches during this timeframe, when most teams change coaches every few years. And all 3 have rings.

All empires eventually fall, but there doesn't seem to be any reason to believe it will be anytime soon.

All 3 of my kids are Steelers fans, even the 2 year old who wears the colors every Sunday. They'll inherit my tickets when I'm too old to go anymore, I hope they get to enjoy the same success I've been able to witness.
steelerchad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 05:44 PM   #2
steelwalls
Starter

Member Number: 13927
Default Re: Will Steeler domination ever end?

One game at a time. Must win this week or the domination (at least for this season is in eeal jeapordy)
Old 11-21-2009, 06:38 PM   #3
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 7,100 Times in 3,081 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerchad View Post
Just ask the Bengals, Browns, Dolphins, Jets, Bills, Texans, Raiders, Chiefs, Redskins, Cardinals, Rams, 49ers, Bears, Lions, Buccaneers, and Falcons.
or ask the 1-15 colts, patriots, and panthers.

every team in the old afc least (besides the bills) has gone 1-15 once.

steelers went 1-13 once and earned the #1 pick in the draft. i doubt they will ever match that feat.
Old 11-21-2009, 06:39 PM   #4
Steelboy84
Banned

Member Number: 13983

I believe as long as the Rooney family is at the helm in one shape or form, the success will continue.
Steelboy84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 06:41 PM   #5
Christian Snyder
Team Captain

Member Number: 14544

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelboy84 View Post
I believe as long as the Rooney family is at the helm in one shape or form, the success will continue.
And hopefully, the SB appearances will continue.
Old 11-21-2009, 06:50 PM   #6
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

I've been through the dream-come-true 70's, the mediocre to bad 80's, the hope of the 90's and the re-emergence of the Steelers as a powerhouse in the NFL in the millenium. Every team has highs and lows and the Steelers are going to hit a low or two down the road at some point just like the rest of 'em. However - the difference is - they won't stay in that low for very long. With the Rooney family at the helm and their commitment to excellence, our phenomenal draft gurus and a young HC who shares the Rooneys commitement to excellence and winning - the Steelers will bounce back from whatever adversity they may face down the road.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 07:04 PM   #7
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,535 Times in 1,536 Posts

if the nfl goes uncapped like mlb....well...lets just say it won't be good for the steelers.
MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 12:44 PM   #8
HughC
Starter

Member Number: 8512

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
I've been through the dream-come-true 70's, the mediocre to bad 80's, the hope of the 90's and the re-emergence of the Steelers as a powerhouse in the NFL in the millenium. Every team has highs and lows and the Steelers are going to hit a low or two down the road at some point just like the rest of 'em. However - the difference is - they won't stay in that low for very long. With the Rooney family at the helm and their commitment to excellence, our phenomenal draft gurus and a young HC who shares the Rooneys commitement to excellence and winning - the Steelers will bounce back from whatever adversity they may face down the road.
Very well said. If you look at teams that do well, or have extended successful runs - especially in the free agent/salary cap era - the common factor is a stable ownership that hires a high quality front office person to run the football side of the operations, and leaves him and the people he hires alone. The owners that that stick to the business side of operations rather than pretending they know more about football than the GMs and VPs they hired end up with a lot of turnover and typically run those franchises into the ground.

A non-Steeler example would be Bill Polian. Now make no mistake, I don't care for Polian because of the influence he has on the competition committee that results in rule changes that are made to benefit his own team. But look at what has happened to the Bills since he left there, and what has happened to the Colts since he arrived in Indy.

Other owners should (though I hope they don't) take note; hire a guy with a good football mind, let him run things, and stay out of the way. If a team has one or two years where they miss the playoffs, don't freak out and start meddling or insist the coach be fired.