Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 11-21-2009, 11:57 PM   #1
SteelerEmpire
Team President

Member Number: 14355
Thanked 1,472 Times in 673 Posts
Default Senate Passes "Historic" Health Care Bill...

The House, Senate, House and Senate, Obama...... Two hurdles down, two to go (Ok... one to go... we know what Obama will do) before we'll have a new health care system on the way. I think the Dems are just putting on a drama show to "feign" opposition to this bill.... they planned on passing it from the beginning.... Lawyers.....

LINK: http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/...html?tag=stack

A HOUSE DIVIDED WILL FALL TO IT'S ENEMIES;
BUT IN UNITY THERE ARE 6' SUPER BOWLS !!!
SteelerEmpire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 12:21 AM   #2
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 4,310 Times in 1,615 Posts
Default Re: Senate Passes "Historic" Health Care Bill...

It's as good as done.

Kiss the American way of life goodbye.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 12:29 AM   #3
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,231 Times in 1,378 Posts

wow what a shocker...every dem voted for it, and ever rep voted against it.... .... if thats not proof that the only thing these assclowns do is tow a party line then i don't know what is. i guess NOBODY we elect is incapable of an independant thought or stand up for what they REALLY believe.....

Quote:
Senate cloture vote
How did your senator vote? Click here
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/34071223/ns/politics/

this pretty much sums up todays politicians...

Quote:
Start with a cage containing five monkeys. Inside the cage, hang a banana on a string and place a set of stairs under it. Before long, a monkey will go to the stairs and start to climb towards the banana. As soon as he touches the stairs, spray all the other monkeys with cold water.

After a while, another monkey makes an attempt with the same result - all the other monkeys are sprayed with cold water. Pretty soon, when another monkey tries to climb the stairs, the other monkeys will try to prevent it.

Now, put away the cold water. Remove one monkey from the cage and replace it with a new one. The new monkey sees the banana and wants to climb the stairs. To his surprise and horror, all the other monkeys attack him. After another attempt and attack, he knows that if he tries to climb the stairs, he will be assaulted.

Next, remove another of the original five monkeys and replace it with a new one. The newcomer goes to the stairs and is attacked. The previous newcomer takes part in the punishment with enthusiasm! Likewise, replace a third original monkey with a new one, then a fourth, then the fifth. Every time the newest monkey takes to the stairs, he is attacked. Most of the monkeys that are beating him have no idea why they were not permitted to climb the stairs or why they are participating in the beating of the newest monkey.

After replacing all the original monkeys, none of the remaining monkeys have ever been sprayed with cold water. Nevertheless, no monkey ever again approaches the stairs to try for the banana. Why not? Because as far as they know that's the way it's always been done around here.
MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 12:35 AM   #4
augustashark
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 900

No big deal here. This was just to move to debate. The real vote should come at the end of Nov or first part of Dec. I still think it will be voted down, but then again nothing would suprise me with this congress.
Old 11-22-2009, 08:47 AM   #5
SteelerEmpire
Team President

MasterOfPuppets
Re: Senate Passes "Historic" Health Care Bill...

Quote:
Start with a cage containing five monkeys. Inside the cage, hang a banana on a string and place a set of stairs under it. Before long, a monkey will go to the stairs and start to climb towards the banana. As soon as he touches the stairs, spray all the other monkeys with cold water.

After a while, another monkey makes an attempt with the same result - all the other monkeys are sprayed with cold water. Pretty soon, when another monkey tries to climb the stairs, the other monkeys will try to prevent it.

Now, put away the cold water. Remove one monkey from the cage and replace it with a new one. The new monkey sees the banana and wants to climb the stairs. To his surprise and horror, all the other monkeys attack him. After another attempt and attack, he knows that if he tries to climb the stairs, he will be assaulted.

Next, remove another of the original five monkeys and replace it with a new one. The newcomer goes to the stairs and is attacked. The previous newcomer takes part in the punishment with enthusiasm! Likewise, replace a third original monkey with a new one, then a fourth, then the fifth. Every time the newest monkey takes to the stairs, he is attacked. Most of the monkeys that are beating him have no idea why they were not permitted to climb the stairs or why they are participating in the beating of the newest monkey.

After replacing all the original monkeys, none of the remaining monkeys have ever been sprayed with cold water. Nevertheless, no monkey ever again approaches the stairs to try for the banana. Why not? Because as far as they know that's the way it's always been done around here.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

LOL.... I'll have to remember that one..... That works for people to you know.....lol....

Old 11-22-2009, 09:57 AM   #6
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Get ready to bend over America. Be sure to stock up on K-Y now.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 10:14 AM   #7
Texasteel
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 8323

Quote:
Originally Posted by augustashark View Post
No big deal here. This was just to move to debate. The real vote should come at the end of Nov or first part of Dec. I still think it will be voted down, but then again nothing would suprise me with this congress.
I kinda agree with you. I don't think it will pass as it stands right now, not with elections coming up so soon.

Simply, The Chief.
Texasteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 10:38 AM   #8
SteelerEmpire
Team President

Quote:
Originally Posted by augustashark View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasteel View Post
I kinda agree with you. I don't think it will pass as it stands right now, not with elections coming up so soon.
Yea. But the vast majority of bills that has made it this far 'usually ' go all the way.....
It may really be a done deal....

Old 11-22-2009, 11:19 AM   #9
GoSlash27
Team Captain

Member Number: 3225

I agree with Mach1; it's as good as done.
GoSlash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 11:24 AM   #10
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550

Well, we're boned. I know this is just a move to debate, but I have zero confidence that this won't pass.

I may as well start planning for my Mom's fight for her health care now, because if these bozos have their way, they're pretty much going to sentence her to death.