Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NCAA Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 03-31-2005, 08:28 PM   #31
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70
Default Re: Any Penn State fans here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by McNabbulous5
Man talking about Michigan in a PSU thread is absolutely horrible. But anyways I am a huge PSU fan and I am looking forward to this fall and cant wait for football season to startup again. About those 5 questions I dont know I think in the end we will see vintage JoePa and MRobinson will be the starting QB. The only problem I see with that is I really dont want to see the option every other play. We wasted Morelli's redshirt year so lets use him... Derrick Williams and Justin King will definitely be a force to be reckoned with. I believe Williams will be used to spread the field and Mark Rubin will benefit from that catching all of the underneath stuff. If MRob lines up at receiver that gives us another deep ball threat. I believe that Justin King will be used like Ted Ginn Jr. from OSU and could make or break a game on punt returns. All in all I am expecting a great year from Penn State but then again I was expecting the same last year too so I guess we will have to see...
That post definately gives people hope..but we're taking PSU here, who hasnt done jack in so long its not even funny. and I like penn state.
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 12:02 AM   #32
ironcitychef
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 109

I could be happier if Joe Pa went out a winner so people could talk about his greatness instead of his dwindling. Either way, if it took him this long to build for one year its time to go...
Old 04-01-2005, 11:31 PM   #33
HinesWard4Life8682
Starter

Member Number: 323

i don't think they will have a winning season
Old 04-02-2005, 05:17 PM   #34
McNabbulous5
Water Boy

Member Number: 352

It all depends... I think that they have a rather easy schedule starting off with South Florida, Cincinatti, Central Michigan, and Northwestern in the first month. Then we play Minnesota and OSU at home and the OSU game is at night... Anyone remember the last time PSU played at Night??? 41-7 victory over Nebraska so that gives us the crowd advantage. The only tough game that we play away from Beaver Stadium is @ Michigan. The only thing that I dont like about our schedule is that our off week is right at the end of the season. I think we may lose a few close games but I have been quoted saying that this is the year and PSU will be in contention for a National Title!?!? I have the Rose Bowl or bust fund started this year so I am feeling really confident maybe too confident but I guess we will find out in September.
McNabbulous5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 02:31 PM   #35
BB2W
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 328

UNIVERSITY PARK -- Spring Drills and Scrimmage

What those who bothered to come witnessed, tended to look a lot like last season.

The Penn State defense, first, second or third, was largely dominant in the scrimmage portion of the afternoon.

The first-team offense, going against the first defense in the tone-setting opening portion of scrimmaging, managed a procedure penalty and a Tony Hunt fumble in the first four plays.

Quarterback Michael Robinson did have some nice throws during the course of the day, including a 17-yard touchdown on a diving catch by Ethan Kilmer, one of those athletic defenders getting a look on offense this year.

Second-team quarterback Anthony Morelli endured an interception at the hands of Tony Davis at the goal line, and only a diving tackle by Morelli prevented it from being brought back all the way for a score.

Morelli also had two fumbles on center exchanges. But the exaggerated gesturing by Paterno and the subsequent removal of A. Q. Shipley, a defensive tackle taking a shot at center, suggested the coach wasn't blaming his sophomore quarterback.

Missing starting center E.Z. Smith, gone until at least the fall for disciplinary reasons, and starting guard Tyler Reed and backup tackle Andrew Richardson, who return Monday, surely didn't help the offensive line.

Anticipation for the Blue-White game, which will be played April 23, has centered on the presence of freshmen Justin King and Derrick Williams in spring drills as early enrollees.

King continues to be sidelined with a foot/ankle problem, but those who have seen him work have pronounced his spring as impressive.

Williams seemed to be in for most of the plays yesterday, likely owing to the urgency to get him acclimated to play a significant role as a freshman.

In drills, Williams brought back a punt all the way, dipping and exploding past would-be coverage men.

Williams also caught a short pass in the left flat and made first-team cornerback Anwar Phillips, an athletic sort himself, look bad with a stop-and-go move.

Some observers felt a post-play coaching session meant Williams had run an incorrect route, but what he did after catching the ball should cheer the Nittany faithful, who have pined for years to have big-play potential on the outside.

Tailback Rodney Kinlaw a year and a half removed from knee surgery, showed an electric burst, which could bode well in the backfield, although Hunt plays ahead of him and Austin Scott is being held out of the heavy work because of his broken foot.

Two and a half hours after it had begun, it was over. The next Penn State football exposure comes in two weeks.
Old 04-18-2005, 11:11 PM   #36
BB2W
Team Owner
Supporter

I like this quote......... I can't wait to see these guys play.

Freshman wide receiver Derrick Williams, who is participating in spring drills as an early enrollee, has impressed Alan Zemaitis, too.

"Derrick Williams is everything that they said and more. He's unbelievable," said Zemaitis, who also gave a rave review to freshman defensive back and likely spot offensive player Justin King.

"I feel like we have some very good freshman phenoms who are going to come on the field and make some impact right off the bat."
Old 04-22-2005, 08:41 PM   #37
hardwork
Banned

Member Number: 342
Talking Re: Any Penn State fans here?

"9/11/2004

AP Wire

Boston College beat Penn State for the second straight year, 21-7 Saturday night."
hardwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 12:08 AM   #38
BB2W
Team Owner
Supporter

Spring Blue/White game........

UNIVERSITY PARK -- As befits a man with a degree in advertising and public relations, Michael Robinson knows how to give the public what it wants.
The senior quarterback's first play Saturday in the Penn State Blue-White game, was a 35-yard pass completion to freshman Justin King. The next play was a Robinson completion to the other freshman phenom, Derrick Williams, for nine yards.

"I called (those) on my own," Robinson said, after a thunderstorm had ended the afternoon's exhibition at Beaver Stadium just short of the three-quarter mark. "I wanted to get those guys involved as fast as possible to show everybody that they can definitely do some things."

What they saw was encouraging. King (Gateway), who also plays defensive back and made a couple of nice plays there, ended with two catches for 53 yards. Williams had four receptions for 64 yards.

Robinson, who didn't play beyond the first quarter, completed all six of his passes, for 143 yards. The Blue team, stacked with starters on offense and defense, won by a 14-6 score.

The enthusiasm beyond the team for King and Williams is understandable. But what is surprising for a program that emphasizes paying dues, is how quickly the two have been embraced internally. Call it pigskin pragmatism.

"We have a lot of confidence in those guys and we know they're going to make a lot of plays for us and score for us and that's what we've been missing a little bit here," said linebacker Paul Posluszny (Hopewell). "With those guys, we know the points aren't going to be a problem."

"They're two of the best players in the country in this class, and I think they could be two of the best players in the country later on in their careers here at Penn State," Robinson said. "The reason why we've accepted them so much is because we definitely need them."
Old 06-22-2005, 12:54 PM   #39
BB2W
Team Owner
Supporter

Penn State's football season will open with a 3:30 p.m. kickoff vs. South Florida on Sept. 3 at Beaver Stadium, one of three game times announced Thursday. The game will be carried by ESPN Plus and ESPNU.

The Sept. 10 home game with Cincinnati will begin at noon and be televised on ESPN Plus.

The Sept. 17 home game with Central Michigan is scheduled for a 1:30 kickoff and will not be televised. It will be available on a webcast.

Previously, Penn State had announced a 7 or 7:45 p.m. start time for an Oct. 8 home game with Ohio State and a 7 p.m. kickoff for an Oct. 22 game at Illinois.

The schedule:

Sept. 3: South Florida, 3:30.
Sept. 10: Cincinnati, noon.
Sept. 17: Central Michigan, 1:30.
Sept. 24: at Northwestern, TBA.
Oct. 1: Minnesota, TBA.
Oct. 8: Ohio State, 7 or 7:45.
Oct. 15: at Michigan, TBA.
Oct. 22: at Illinois, 7.
Oct. 29: Purdue, TBA.
Nov. 5: Wisconsin, TBA.
Nov. 19: at Michigan State, TBA.