Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Blast Furnace

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 01-24-2006, 02:16 PM   #1
Hawkfan
Water Boy

Member Number: 1415
Default Seahawks are underdogs???

Now the Seahawks are underdogs to the AFC's sixth seed. Considering the adversity the Seahawks have been through, they will feel right at home in Super Bowl XL.
Hawkfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 02:29 PM   #2
Man_Of_Steel
Bench Warmer
Supporter

Member Number: 1036
Default Re: Seahawks are underdogs???

I disagree. Hasselbeck is not a mobile QB, he will have relentless pressure the entire game. Matt Hasselbeck, please meet Troy Polamalu and Joey Porter. Oh, and you want to talk about adversity? Try beating the Broncos, Colts, and the Bungles on the road in the playoffs when NOBODY gave them a chance.
Old 01-24-2006, 02:32 PM   #3
MNsteelers
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 841

Ummm...excuse me, but have you bothered to watch the last three Steelers games this season? Are you telling us that a team that beat Cincinnati, Indianapolis and Denver on the road shouldn't be favored over a team that just beat Washington and Carolina? But let's keep our eyes on the road here; the "favorite" is determined by who is betting on which team. The majority of people feel Pittsburgh is the better team. I have the utmost respect for Seattle and its coaches and players, but at this point in the season, I find it very difficult for you to argue that because Pittsburgh was the sixth seed in a CONSIDERABLY stronger conference they shouldn't be favored to beat a team because they were the No. 1 seed.

Come up with a decent argument or go make other people stupider somewhere else. Thanks, guy!
MNsteelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 02:43 PM   #4
benberger
Water Boy

Member Number: 242

steelers should be underdogs, but who really cares.....if you need extra motivation now, you dont belong in this game......to be a champion or not to be....that is the question.
benberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 02:46 PM   #5
Hawkfan
Water Boy

Member Number: 1415

I agree you have a great team. My thoughts are also from watching this team, and what they have done to quality NFL opponents. Everyone wants to say how the NFC is so weak. Its still the NFL I don't care how you slice it. The best football players and coaches in the world, a win is a win. Steelers were my pick at the begin of the year to represent the AFC there a great team and a great organization. I love Bettis and you fans are crazy, Its a great football town. I know the reason the Hawks are underdogs is a east coast bias thing. We are located out in the great NW and no one even cares about what goes on out here. I like the Hawks chances in a close game 27 to 24.
Hawkfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 02:57 PM   #6
ZornToLargent
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 1298

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkfan
I know the reason the Hawks are underdogs is a east coast bias thing. We are located out in the great NW and no one even cares about what goes on out here. I like the Hawks chances in a close game 27 to 24.
I agree with that 100%. Nobody still has a clue as to what the Seahawks are made of....mainly because they don't want to pay attention. They have been discounting the Seahawks all season long....the media...the fans (outside of the NW)...the other teams. Everybody said how tough the Redskins and Panthers were....how road tested and battle tested they were and how bad we would fall to a tough team like them. How the Seahawks with our whimpy schedule is no contender. Well f*ck that! We are the number #1 seed....we are the better team...and soon....when the Bus is limping off the field without a ring....the whole world will know how for real we are.
ZornToLargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 03:14 PM   #7
Ambridge
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 604

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZornToLargent
I agree with that 100%. Nobody still has a clue as to what the Seahawks are made of....mainly because they don't want to pay attention. They have been discounting the Seahawks all season long....the media...the fans (outside of the NW)...the other teams. Everybody said how tough the Redskins and Panthers were....how road tested and battle tested they were and how bad we would fall to a tough team like them. How the Seahawks with our whimpy schedule is no contender. Well f*ck that! We are the number #1 seed....we are the better team...and soon....when the Bus is limping off the field without a ring....the whole world will know how for real we are.

Don't puff out your chest too far Mr. Blowhard.....you'll set yourself on fire with all of that hot air.

You might want to temper all that cheerleading with the fact that the Seahawks got two playoff wins against two teams that had injuries to key players.
Ambridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 03:20 PM   #8
MNsteelers
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 841

Ok, wait, I can understand your argument and satisfaction with beating Carolina, but who in their right mind felt strong about Washington's chances?? I'm sorry, but no, that is not a great football team. But good point, the NFL is the NFL, but seriously, you cannot compare the 4,5,and 6 seeds in the NFC to those in the AFC. Just not a strong argument. I mean, c'mon, Jacksonville was 12-4 for cripessake!

Your problem is you just don't want to ACCEPT that everyone HAS heard of you guys, and know quite a lot about them. Can someone else in this post please tell me if Pittsburgh was on the cover of ESPN: The Magazine this year? And was Seattle? I believe they were...You guys seriously need to get over yourselves. You get plenty of cred, love, etc. It's there, you just hate the fact you're stuck in the land of coffee, rain and woods, and don't have an incredibly exciting team. That's why you don't get the attention compared to the Colts, for example.

Either way, the media's opinion doesn't matter; you're a No. 1 seed, and therefore, SHOULD be in the Super Bowl. You're not worried about a little 6 seed, are you?
MNsteelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 03:21 PM   #9
ZornToLargent
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 1298

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambridge
Don't puff out your chest too far Mr. Blowhard.....you'll set yourself on fire with all of that hot air.

You might want to temper all that cheerleading with the fact that the Seahawks got two playoff wins against two teams that had injuries to key players.
We didn't have our MVP rb when we beat the Foreskins. Save the excuses for after the Super Bowl....you're gonna need them. You guys better think of a good excuse now for why the Seahawks beat you in the Super Bowl. What will it be?

Steelers are going down and Bettis will wish he tried a little harder during the majority of his carreer and not waited till the very last year to go after a ring.....trust me...we'll exploit so many holes in your 3-4 defense that you all will go home crying....wondering how it all happend and where it all went so wrong. We'll show you the left as we run past you on the right. As you hold Alexander down to only 150 yards...we'll throw it to Stevens as he waits patiently in the endzone for another Seahawks touchdown!

Seahawks 31
Steelers 21
ZornToLargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 03:35 PM   #10
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009

*yawns*. And before this, there were Bungal fans saying the same thing, Colt fans saying the same thing and Bronco fans saying the same thing. Keep talking. That Seahawk bandwagon will unload faster than the Bungal bandwagon. It's just annoying that we have to deal with Birdie fans for two weeks instead of only one.

Last edited by 83-Steelers-43; 01-24-2006 at 03:38 PM.
83-Steelers-43 is offline   Reply With Quote