Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS

Old 11-22-2009, 04:27 PM   #1
moedap
Starter

Member Number: 2890
Default A Healthy Perspective on the Chiefs loss!!!!

I am disappointed as I am sure many Steeler fanatics are at this present time. A loss hurts and even more when its to the lowly Chiefs(who have been playing tough all year). Especially when it comes off of a loss to the Bungles the previous week. I wanted to think the defending Superbowl champions would be able to handle the Chiefs rather easily but such was not the case. And that should not have been the case for 3 reasons.

First, our Steelers are not a dominating team. They have not been a dominating team since the 70's. No team has been a dominating team since the 90's Cowboys(New England gets an asterisk just because they had inside information on opponents and still squeaked out wins). Last year we got a lot of the lucky bounces to pull out games we should have lost. The 2005 SB win was due to being in a groove at the right time.

Second, Our Steelers are the defending SB champs and just because we have lost some games doesnt mean the teams down the pipe are going to treat the game like they are playing the Browns. We are going to get every teams 110% effort.

Third, Our defense is banged up and new all at the same time. William Gay, Kerayon Fox, Ziggy Hood, Nick Eason and Timmons are all green players when it comes to Dick L's defense. Smith, Troy P, Travis K. all out hurt. Our offense is still relatively young(especially our line).

With all that said we are still in a good position to get a wild card berth and are still in the picture for the AFC North title(although a Cincy win probably makes that a long shot). This loss hurts but when I take off the lenses that make me see my Steelers as invincible it only hurts a little.

Last edited by moedap; 11-22-2009 at 04:33 PM. Reason: Spelling in the title
moedap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 05:17 PM   #2
Steelboy84
Banned

Member Number: 13983
Default Re: A Healthy Perspective on the Chiefs loss!!!!

"Last year we got a lot of the lucky bounces to pull out games we should have lost. The 2005 SB win was due to being in a groove at the right time."

Its almost as if you're finding reasons that our wins weren't "legit" or something.
Steelboy84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 05:31 PM   #3
AllD
Team Owner

Member Number: 11931

Instead of getting better and more consistant, this team is jekyll and hyde rarely even getting up for big games.
Old 11-23-2009, 07:32 AM   #4
moedap
Starter

Member Number: 2890

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelboy84 View Post
"Last year we got a lot of the lucky bounces to pull out games we should have lost. The 2005 SB win was due to being in a groove at the right time."

Its almost as if you're finding reasons that our wins weren't "legit" or something.
Just calling it as I saw it last year and 2005. Nothing in that sentence says the wins were'nt legit. The New England Patriots are the only team out there with illegitimate
wins.
moedap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 08:10 AM   #5
plenewken
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 3447

Quote:
Originally Posted by moedap View Post
I am disappointed as I am sure many Steeler fanatics are at this present time. A loss hurts and even more when its to the lowly Chiefs(who have been playing tough all year). Especially when it comes off of a loss to the Bungles the previous week. I wanted to think the defending Superbowl champions would be able to handle the Chiefs rather easily but such was not the case. And that should not have been the case for 3 reasons.

First, our Steelers are not a dominating team. They have not been a dominating team since the 70's. No team has been a dominating team since the 90's Cowboys(New England gets an asterisk just because they had inside information on opponents and still squeaked out wins). Last year we got a lot of the lucky bounces to pull out games we should have lost. The 2005 SB win was due to being in a groove at the right time.

Second, Our Steelers are the defending SB champs and just because we have lost some games doesnt mean the teams down the pipe are going to treat the game like they are playing the Browns. We are going to get every teams 110% effort.

Third, Our defense is banged up and new all at the same time. William Gay, Kerayon Fox, Ziggy Hood, Nick Eason and Timmons are all green players when it comes to Dick L's defense. Smith, Troy P, Travis K. all out hurt. Our offense is still relatively young(especially our line).

With all that said we are still in a good position to get a wild card berth and are still in the picture for the AFC North title(although a Cincy win probably makes that a long shot). This loss hurts but when I take off the lenses that make me see my Steelers as invincible it only hurts a little.
Based on what I saw during the last 2 games, I think the game against Baltimore next Sunday will be another tough moment for the Steelers. I can't realistically be optimistic about the outcome next weekend, unless dramatic changes happen.
plenewken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 08:17 AM   #6
Vincent
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 10927

Quote:
Originally Posted by moedap View Post
Last year we got a lot of the lucky bounces to pull out games we should have lost. The 2005 SB win was due to being in a groove at the right time.
Bullseye!!!

We have and have had the talent to dominate. That is evidenced in the domination of several teams for periods this year. As I said in another thread, the difference between the two recent administrations and Noll's is coaching. Period. This team has every bit of the talent of the 70s Steelers. And with the exception of a franchise QB, so did Cowher's teams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by plenewken View Post
Based on what I saw during the last 2 games, I think the game against Baltimore next Sunday will be another tough moment for the Steelers. I can't realistically be optimistic about the outcome next weekend, unless dramatic changes happen.
Think the rats will "show up" next week? After what happened to them last year? Hmmmmm. Prolly.

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress & the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution,
but overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution."

Abraham Lincoln
Vincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 09:12 AM   #7
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
As I said in another thread, the difference between the two recent administrations and Noll's is coaching. Period.
If that's the case, would you mind explaining the mediocrity this team was mired in throughout the 1980s?
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 09:17 AM   #8
Vincent
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 10927

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
If that's the case, would you mind explaining the mediocrity this team was mired in throughout the 1980s?
Easy. Little talent. That, and Chuck lost interest.

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress & the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution,
but overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution."

Abraham Lincoln
Vincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 10:17 AM   #9
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 1,893 Times in 947 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
Easy. Little talent. That, and Chuck lost interest.
Yeah, I guess these guys had nothing to do with it. Cliff Stoudt, Mark Malone, David Woodley, Bubby Brister. You can make lemonade from lemons.........but not from crap.
Old 11-23-2009, 10:20 AM   #10
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
Yeah, I guess these guys had nothing to do with it. Cliff Stoudt, Mark Malone, David Woodley, Bubby Brister. You can make lemonade from lemons.........but not from crap.
Nonsense! It's all coaching and playcalling!
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote