Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 01-24-2006, 03:57 PM   #1
Steel - X
Team Captain

Member Number: 583
Default Seahawks Scedule

It was brought up in another thread and I thought I would Do some research.

Game Date Start Time Opponent Results TV
Sunday, September 11 10:00 am PT at Jacksonville L 26-14 FOX
Sunday, September 18 1:00 pm PT Atlanta W 21-18 FOX
Sunday, September 25 1:00 pm PT Arizona W 37-12 FOX
Sunday, October 2 10:00 am PT at Washington L 20-17 FOX
Sunday, October 9 10:00 am PT at St Louis W 37-31 FOX
Sunday, October 16 5:30 pm PT Houston W 42-10 ESPN
Sunday, October 23 1:00 pm PT Dallas W 13-10 FOX
Sunday, November 6 1:05 pm PT at Arizona W 33-19 FOX
Sunday, November 13 1:00 pm PT St Louis W 31-16 FOX
Sunday, November 20 1:05 pm PT at San Francisco W 27-25 FOX
Sunday, November 27 1:00 pm PT New York Giants W 24-21 FOX
Monday, December 5 6:00 pm PT at Philadelphia W 42-0 ABC
Sunday, December 11 1:00 pm PT San Francisco W 41-3 FOX
Sunday, December 18 10:00 am PT at Tennessee W 28-24 FOX
Saturday, December 24 1:00 pm PT Indianapolis W 28-13 CBS
Sunday, January 1 10:00 am PT at Green Bay L 23-17 FOX

So there wins were against the Following - ATL, ARIx2, STLx2, HOU, DAL, SFx2, NYG, PHI, TEN, IND

So there loss's were against the following - JAX, WAS, GB

Well everyone knows the NFC was not dominate this season but the 13 wins they had were against some really really poor opponets.

Not calling out the Seahags to come blast my post just throwing this out there for the viewers.

My Fantasy Football Website......NO LIMIT SPORTS

Steel - X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 04:01 PM   #2
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009
Default Re: Seahawks Scedule

All I gotta say..........Wouldn't it be nice to play Arizona and San Francisco twice? lol.
Old 01-24-2006, 04:05 PM   #3
Hawkswin
Water Boy

Member Number: 1422

Couple of points for clarification, though. The GB game was a gimme. Our 2nd and 3rd string was in for most of that game, and the loss was almost expected. We'd clinched home field and the game was meaningless.

The Washington game was really a turning point for this team that had cultivated a well deserved reputation for choking and a real confidence issue over the past years (okay decades). As a fan, I didn't feel so bad after that loss, even though it was an all too familiar one early in the season to go to 2-2. They came back late and pushed it to OT. If it weren't for an uncharacteristic missed FG by Brown, we'd have won. The Seahawks have never lacked for talent. It's all been team chemistry and mental toughness, and starting with that Washington game, those things began to come together.

Regarding the schedule. It's light, but in fairness, no one thought it would be as weak as it turned out. The Rams were running their 8th string QB due to injury. The Cardinals were expected to improved with Kurt Warner, and the 49'ers couldn't get worse... well, we didn't think they could. You can't pick your division, and the Seahawks did what they could.

The point is, yeah, the schedule is weak, but I wouldn't take too much comfort in that.
Hawkswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 04:06 PM   #4
lotas
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 1176

Yeah I was looking up some stats a month ago or so, and you know how they rate schedules in difficulty? Well obviously there are some teams that impress you and come out of no where that you can't account for at the beginning of the season in that figure, but take a shot at who had the lowest rating of difficulty in their schedules?

1.) Indianapolis - It was something like .414 I believe. While other teams (I believe Denver had the highest at .535) where up in the .5 range.

And #2? You guessed it, Seattle, also with .414.

Just a little tidbit, for the Hawks fans though-- You can also argue that it's not Seattle's fault they had an easy schedule, they never got a chance to prove themselves because of their schedule, so that doesn't mean if they would've played Indy in week 5 they wouldn't have won.

My rebuttle: I don't care. Here is your chance. You are going to play Pit-- let's see if that easy schedule was just your shortcut to SBXL or if you really are up to the challenge.
lotas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 04:07 PM   #5
boLT fan
Team Captain

Member Number: 901

You guys have the browns and ravens twice, what more do you want?

And another thing. The only other 3-4 defense the Seahawks played was against the Cowboys. In 58 minutes they only scored 3 points against it. But scored 10 in 2 minutes to win the game. In short, they aren't used to 3-4 and might struggle against it.
boLT fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 04:09 PM   #6
Hawkswin
Water Boy

Member Number: 1422

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotas
My rebuttle: I don't care. Here is your chance. You are going to play Pit-- let's see if that easy schedule was just your shortcut to SBXL or if you really are up to the challenge.
LOL... that's my rebuttle, too. I can't tell you how tired I am of hearing about the Hawks' light schedule. The steelers are the favorites. Fine. Let's get this game started. I've got the pizza and the beer... let's get it on!
Hawkswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 04:10 PM   #7
lotas
Draft Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by boLT fan
You guys have the browns and ravens twice, what more do you want?

And another thing. The only other 3-4 defense the Seahawks played was against the Cowboys. In 58 minutes they only scored 3 points against it. But scored 10 in 2 minutes to win the game. In short, they aren't used to 3-4 and might struggle against it.
The Ravens are a hell of a team though, at least when they play Pit. I don't care what anyone says. Its a rivalry and they always come out physical and make it a good and tough game. I always hate playing the Ravens, I'm the same with Cinnci, regardless of what year it is, what their record is, and if they did good last year or what not, I hate playing those two teams.
Old 01-24-2006, 04:13 PM   #8
lotas
Draft Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkswin
LOL... that's my rebuttle, too. I can't tell you how tired I am of hearing about the Hawks' light schedule. The steelers are the favorites. Fine. Let's get this game started. I've got the pizza and the beer... let's get it on!
Yeah, I actually live in WA so I am the only Pit fan I know, kind of ironic to be up here in this situation. But yeah I hate ignorance so I try to look at the arguement from both sides, and I could see how the schedule thing could be frustrating to you, just like when people talk bad about Bettis or Ben I get frustrated.

I just hope it will be a good, entertaining superbowl, not like the Giants/Ravens one or whatever lol.

Also living in WA, if Seattle were to win, I would basically be made fun of and laughed at until I move out of state. At least the actual city of Pittsburgh guys could all mourn together, I'm on my own :)
Old 01-24-2006, 04:17 PM   #9
seahawksfan
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 1328

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotas
Yeah I was looking up some stats a month ago or so, and you know how they rate schedules in difficulty? Well obviously there are some teams that impress you and come out of no where that you can't account for at the beginning of the season in that figure, but take a shot at who had the lowest rating of difficulty in their schedules?

1.) Indianapolis - It was something like .414 I believe. While other teams (I believe Denver had the highest at .535) where up in the .5 range.

And #2? You guessed it, Seattle, also with .414.

Just a little tidbit, for the Hawks fans though-- You can also argue that it's not Seattle's fault they had an easy schedule, they never got a chance to prove themselves because of their schedule, so that doesn't mean if they would've played Indy in week 5 they wouldn't have won.

Well, the Steelers lost games that they ought to have won and got hot towards the end of the season. Props on this and the way they plowed through the playoffs. The Seahawks wo the games thhey were supposed to win. Now, we have the best team playing against the hottest team. Should be a great game.

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin
seahawksfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 04:20 PM   #10
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

In some ways I think its tough on the Seahawks to have had a relatively weak schedule - its builds confidence but the team remains untested against true high quality opposition.

It certainly isn't the Hawks fault that the NFC is weaker by some distance - the Eagles have been the dominant force there for a while and they were totally owned by the Patriots last year (yes I know it was a 3 point win, but the Eagles didnt really ever have a sniff of it at any stage)

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote