Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 11-23-2009, 11:46 AM   #1
madtowndrunkard
Team Captain

Member Number: 11280
Default mistakes, mistakes, mistakes...

Why did we lose the Bengals twice? The Bears? The Chiefs?

It all boils down the mistakes. We are losing games because we shoot our selves in the foot.

Our ST's unit has someone screw up on almost every return. Our ST's unit asks are defense to spot teams 7 points and still win. Good luck w/ that.

How many times have we seen our offense drive the field only to throw an INT (some of which have been returned for TD's) or a sack that forces us to kick a FG's. How many dropped passes have forced us to punt? How many O-line gaffes have caused fumbles or killed drives? Lately how many passes has Ben just flat out missed his WR?

I'm no genius but if too many mistakes are happening why not try dialing things back a a bit? If this high flying offense is too difficult to sustain with out making a mistake maybe we should slow things down a little?

Incomplete passes are worse then a run getting stuffed at the LOS. The clock stops. You do not want the clock stopping when you have the lead. How many leads have we given up this year? It's easier to run then it is to pass. More mistakes happen when you throw the ball. INt's, sacks, drops, etc. So when you run your offense w/ a full out aerial attack more mistakes will happen. I'm not saying don't use the pass. What I'm saying is balance things out. Establish the run. It might not work at first, but eventually against teams like KC the dam will break.

In KC the game plan or the play calling was horrible - there is no excuse for us losing that game.

If you think our players aren't getting it done, and the coaches are doing a fine job...then I guess the only fix for that would be to get new players. Anyone think we have less talent then most teams? I don't. I think we have one of the most talented teams in the league. So yea the coaches do need to look in the mirror. Do the players hold some accountability? Sure they do. But not nearly as much as the coaches that consistently put them in position to make mistakes.
madtowndrunkard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 11:50 AM   #2
O Sensei
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 14023
Default Re: mistakes, mistakes, mistakes...

I agree
O Sensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 01:52 PM   #3
SteelC7
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 14419

yup i agree too
SteelC7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 03:26 PM   #4
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Member Number: 6891

I agree...

And here is the proof in the pudding:

In the Loss to Chicago
6 Penalites for 52 yards. 2 Turnovers, 1 fumble, 1 Int, 2 sacks allowed. Chicago 0 Turnovers.

In the First loss to the Bengals
5 Penatlies for 51 yeards, 1 Turnover (int) 1 Sack allowed. Cincy 0 Turnovers

2nd loss to Bengals
5 Penalties for 50 yards, 1 Turnover (int) 4 sacks allowed. Cincy 0 Turnovers

Loss the the Chiefs
8 Penalties for 85 yards, 3 turnovers (2 int, 1 fum) 3 sacks allowed. KC 1 Turnover.

You CAN NOT WIN in the NFL when you lose the Turnover Battle. That is the most fundemental common knowledge among fans, players and coaches. 2nd is penalties kill drives.

Look at our failures, its not us letting up 600 yards, its not us only getting 120 total yards, its Costly Mistakes.

All 4 losses
3 points
3 points
6 points
3 points

Freaking Turnovers and Penalties.

yes, blah blah blah blah, Special teams, blah blah blah, Coaching, blah blah blah, Offensive Line, blah blah blah...

Its ALL About Turnovers and Penalties!!!
Old 11-23-2009, 06:11 PM   #5
Super Fan
Water Boy

Member Number: 15393

We have lost to 3 teams and we are better then all of them...That is what hurts............
Super Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 10:14 PM   #6
madtowndrunkard
Team Captain

Member Number: 11280

I think what pisses me off about this fact is the lack of adjustments even prior to the KC game. I basically watched that KC game w/ my mouth gaping because I couldn't believe what I was seeing. After watching that Cinci loss that was the game plan our coaching staff came up with? I'm still stunned at that loss.

Hopefully the KC loss will change some things. If not our season is over.
madtowndrunkard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 10:41 PM   #7
NORCALsteelersfan
Water Boy

Member Number: 15296

I cant stand some of the calls made on 3rd down.the team seems so damn predictable! run play run play pass punt.
NORCALsteelersfan is offline   Reply With Quote