Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 11-26-2009, 08:55 AM   #1
mesaSteeler
A Son of Martha
Supporter

Member Number: 10438
Default Ryan Clark unplugged

http://blog.triblive.com/view-from-t...ss+Box+Blog%29
View From The Press Box

Ryan Clark unplugged

November 25th, 2009

He is funny, witty, insightful, self-deprecating and candid.

Those qualities, among others, make Ryan Clark what reporters call a go-to guy in the Steelers’ locker room. And usually it is best to give the Steelers’ starting free safety the floor and simply get out of his way.

As such, here is what the irrepressible Clark has to say today on a number of different subjects:

— Whether the rivalry between the Ravens and Steelers adds to the magnitude of Sunday’s game in Baltimore.

“I find it funny when team go into games and say we want to beat this team and this and that. I want to beat every team. The notion that a guy plays harder because he’s playing against a certain team, that seems absurd to me. We get paid to do a job to play a child’s game for a king’s ransom. I don’t need the incentive to get up and I don’t need a bounty on someone’s head for me to want to knock them out. You come in the middle you are going to get hit no matter what team you play for.”

— More on the rivalry, including what appears to be a dig at the Ravens.

“Wearing T-shirts and making this game bigger than it is, we’re not doing that. This game’s important to is because it’s the next one and also because we’re coming off two losses. They can build it up to whatever they build it up, the media can make it about the rivalry. I think what it is is two very physical games. I think one team maybe talks a little bit more than the other and that kind of starts this mess and this fire. When you play people twice a year, you get to know them, you get in certain battles and build certain relationships.”

— The Steelers needing to create more turnovers, which coach Mike Tomlin recently cited as one of the “ills” the team needs to address.

“We need to learn how to catch. I had two hands on the ball (in last Sunday’s game at Kansas City), basically caught it and let Chris Chambers break it up. Ike (Taylor) makes a great play and then comes down on the ground (and the ball pops out). That’s two turnovers right there that you have to make. That’s two guys with two hands on the ball. It’s about making the plays when you’ve got the opportunities. The thing we can’t do is start pressing trying to make those plays and not be where we’re supposed to be. The reason we had those opportunities is we were doing our jobs, doing our route progressions and attacking the ball. We just need to do the same things and come down with them.”

— If he is satisfied with where the defense is.

“No. If we were winning I wouldn’t care. Obviously last week we feel like it’s a game we should have won. We gave up big plays, something we normally don’t do. Giving up big plays like that in the fourth quarter, myself included, that has to get better. I think that’s one thing our defense has been built on and why we are so good from year to year.”

One interesting note that came out of today’s interviews was what defensive coordinator Dick LeBeau said about Chris Chambers’ 61-yard reception, which set up Kansas City’s game-winning field goal in overtime.

When asked if there was confusion among the Steelers on that play, LeBeau said, “I believe there was some, and that’s something we have to do better. That happens in games; hurry huddles, those types of things. We work on it every day in practice. Our guys have done a good job but I do believe we had some confusion on that snap.”

Tomlin said earlier this week that LeBeau had given the players the defensive call twice before Chambers’ catch-and-run. That was in response to several players saying after the game that not everyone knew what defense the Steelers were supposed to be in.

Clark’s take on the matter?

“They just made a play, man. I’m not going to blame it on anything. I’m not going to make excuses, point the finger at anybody. If I tackle the guy they have the ball on the 40 (yard-line) and we have another chance.”

He's not just a funny guy but a stand-up one as well.
Filed under: Steelers Comment (0)
mesaSteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 10:20 AM   #2
CanadianSteel
Team Captain

Member Number: 6555
Default Re: Ryan Clark unplugged

Really hope the Steelers resign Clark.
He is a stand up guy and plays the game hard and really seesm to appreciate playting the game and beeing a Steeler
CanadianSteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 10:25 AM   #3
supa_fly_steeler
Banned

Member Number: 15332

Id rather have clark than over pay someone like Jeff Reed.

We need him back and will resign him, look at our saftey depth not good, tyrone's getting older 34/35 next year, Clark imo is the first to be resigned on priority list.
supa_fly_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 11:11 AM   #4
Nadroj 20
Team President

Member Number: 14045

I would love to see the Steelers re-sign Clark as well, he is a great value to the team.
Nadroj 20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 01:59 PM   #5
markymarc
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 2292

I will be very disappointed with the FO if they don't resign Ryan Clark. I have confidence though that they will resign him to a nice extension this off season.
markymarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 02:52 PM   #6
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 2,672 Times in 1,156 Posts

clark whiffed big time on that overtime play. he had an easy oppurtunity to get him out of bounds and missed....
MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 10:05 PM   #7
Borski
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 3150

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
clark whiffed big time on that overtime play. he had an easy oppurtunity to get him out of bounds and missed....
one play doesn't define a season. our whole team needed to play better that game, not gonna blame Clark for one play
Old 11-26-2009, 10:18 PM   #8
Shea
Head Coach

Member Number: 5066

I hope they can resign Clark as well. He and Troy have developed a relationship and understanding of each other that benefits the team. They have come to instinctively know and trust each other, and have stated they only need to look at one another to communicate.

Troy hated losing Chris Hope. I hope he doesn't lose Ryan as well.
Shea is offline   Reply With Quote