Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS

Old 01-30-2006, 11:35 AM   #51
rgleason
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 784
Default Re: "Duuuuuuuuuuuuce" Staley

First of all, no way Steelers get Lendale White. It was realistic to talk about before, but after the Rose Bowl and as time wears on, his stock is rising and he will go in the top 15, maybe top 10. I have a tough time us coming together with a deal to move that high. But more improtant, we dont need to!

I'm still baffled by how everyone is not sold on Willie P. Shop him around? Are you retarded? HE IS IN HIS SECOND YEAR AFTER BEING A FREE AGENT ROOKIE. Check out the word improvement in the dictionary. Willie has so much more he can add and improve on and he's on the best team to develop that talent. If he has 1200 yds, and you consider that failure, or not proof this guy is a keeper, you're insane. Willie aint going nowhere, and we'll have the same rushing attack we had this year, Willie with a bruising RB. Willie will beback next year and he will have over 1100 yds, I would put my life savigns on it.

Duce will stay and should stay. He is not in any Doghouse and is well liked and has been a class act all year. He can still get it done when he is healthy (GB game). Hopefully he can come back healthy (which I assume he is now) and contribute. Duce is a good runner with great pass catching abilities. I'm not ready to give up on him yet, this was just a unique situation this year.

Haynes comes back - good 3rd down back, great special teams - more valuable than you think. (And a able rusher if needed).

I dont think its unrealistic we take a RB somewhere in the draft, but I think we got enough in the position to come back and still be one of the top teams in the league next year.
rgleason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 02:06 PM   #52
Dook
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 906
Default Re: "Duuuuuuuuuuuuce" Staley

I think, and hope, the Steelers do take a RB in the draft. In my opinion it's at least a 2nd round need, a 1st if some miracle happens and Lendale White falls.

We always have 4 running backs on our roster because running is such a big part of our game. Duce has been out almost the whole year, Bettis is a once in a while back and retiring so that leaves Willie P. and Verron Haynes. Willie is not a 3rd and short back and Verron is not a GOOD 3rd down back. He picked up a couple for us this year but Jerome Bettis was our 3rd and short guy, not Verron. Also, what if Willie gets hurt? Then we are absolutely F***** with all capital letters.

I think Michael Bush or Cedric Hume are big backs who may work well in our style of football.