Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 11-27-2009, 07:53 PM   #1
mesaSteeler
A Son of Martha
Supporter

Member Number: 10438
Default Who I like, dispelling Roethlisberger report

NFL from the sidelines
http://nflfromthesidelines.blogspot.com/
After hobnobbing around the NFL in the press boxes and sidelines, sports reporter Dale Lolley will let you know the insider scoop.

Who I like, dispelling Roethlisberger report

I've gone back and forth all week long with the Steelers game against Baltimore this week, one day liking Pittsburgh, the other liking the Ravens.

But that usually seems to be the case in this matchup, in which the games are usually decided by five points or less.

But one thing changed my mind this week to tilt me in Pittsburgh's favor. There had been some question as to whether Terrell Suggs would play or not.

Suggs suffered a sprained knee just two weeks ago against Cleveland on a hit from Brady Quinn that drew a fine. But he had been targeting the game against the Steelers for a return.

Remember, this is the guy who had two sacks against the Steelers in the AFC Championship playing pretty much with one arm. And he had four sacks in three meetings with Pittsburgh in 2008.

But Suggs was unable to practice all week and is listed as doubtful to play. Couple that with Fabian Washington's placement on injured reserve this week and the fact that both Ray Lewis and Ed Reed are nursing injuries as well and I'm leaning back toward the Steelers winning, 20-17.

Jason La Canfora is back at it again with some truly ridiculous rumors.

You'll remember that La Canfora, who works for the NFL Network, reported in late August that the Steelers were considering releasing Pro Bowl nose tackle Casey Hampton.

Now, La Canfora is reporting that quarterback Ben Roethlisberger may not play Sunday against the Ravens despite being cleared medically to do so.

La Canfora goes on to report that Roethlisberger will inform the team Saturday morning whether he'll play or not.

Roethlisberger "may" also grow wings and fly to Baltimore on his own, but I doubt it.

The Steelers are quite certain that Roethlisberger will play. How do we know this?

They've only got one other quarterback on their roster, second-year man Dennis Dixon.

If they thought for a moment that Roethlisberger might not play Sunday, they would have signed another QB immediately.

They didn't.

And, because of the respect he'd lose in the locker room, Roethlisberger most certainly wouldn't wait until Saturday morning when the team is leaving for Baltimore a few hours later to inform the coaching staff if he intends to play.

So where did something like this come from?

La Canfora cites an unnamed source. But unless that unnamed source is Roethlisberger or head coch Mike Tomlin and it isn't this report holds as much water as the Hampton report, which was laughed off by both Hampton and the Steelers.

Posted by Dale Lolley at 6:48 PM 0 comments Links to this post

(Jason La Canfora is just a cheap copy of Mike Florio. - mesa)
mesaSteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 09:11 PM   #2
Psyychoward86
Living Legend

Member Number: 10772
Default Re: Who I like, dispelling Roethlisberger report

thanks for bringing up La Canfora's errant reporting skills. i really do not like the guy
Psyychoward86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 09:18 PM   #3
Christian Snyder
Team Captain

Member Number: 14544

Jason La Canfora seems like an idiot.
Old 11-28-2009, 12:36 PM   #4
markymarc
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 2292

I really like Dale Lolley's reports on the Steelers. Thanks for posting this Mesa! So let's see Suggs most likely won't play, Ed Reed, Ray Lewis and Ngata are less than 100%. Not looking good for their defense.

Jason La Canfora is definitely a media idiot. The NFL Network really misses Adam Schefter. At least Adam wouldn't make up stupid reports like this!
markymarc is offline   Reply With Quote