Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 01-26-2006, 02:02 AM   #11
seahawksfan
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 1328
Default Re: Steelers SuperBowl Champions Parade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koopa
mayne, do not get ahead of yo self, don't make any plans until the game clock strikes 0.00
I agree 100%. Your over confidence will come back to bite you.

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin
seahawksfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 04:40 AM   #12
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302

Quote:
Originally Posted by seahawksfan
I agree 100%. Your over confidence will come back to bite you.
Hey we have at least a 70% chance of winning, and for us that live out of state now, we need to make arrangements early regardless
Old 01-26-2006, 01:37 PM   #13
seahawksfan
Bench Warmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevestinks
Hey we have at least a 70% chance of winning, and for us that live out of state now, we need to make arrangements early regardless
Better jump back on your spaceship and return to planet dreamland. If the Steelers have a 70% chance of winning I have a 99% chance of winning the lottery.

The only things about this game that are 70% likely are:

% of inebriated Seahawk and Steeler fans
chance of snow
running out of cash trying to get into the game
running out of reasons for a Steeler victory
being propositioned by the oldest profession

LOL.

Old 01-26-2006, 03:20 PM   #14
axlbundy
Water Boy

Member Number: 1469

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 to be 4
its a memory you'll always cherish. Before SB 36 i asked/told my boss that FRiday that if the Patriots won nobody would be seeing me on monday as I knew id be up all night. I just had a feeling that it would be the year. After Vinatieri's kick was good I went to an almost unbelieving shock, followed by the joy of knowing my sports watching life would never be the same. I drove from my sisters house in Amherst,NH, turned on WEEI to listen to my boys coverage of the game and the joyous phonecallers, and drove all the way to Foxborough. I had no reason why, I just felt i had to go by the Stadium. All I ended up doing when I got there was honk the horn and scream out the window from Route 1. I got home at 1:30, put my VHS tape back in and watch the rest of the local and ESPN coverage the rest of the night. I just kept wanted to see the graphics "New England Patriots:World Champions" over and over and over. All night images of all the years i watched them came flooding back, the Plunkett years, the Grogan years, being at parties where nobody else was a sports fan but i needed the tv on to see if we could beat the Seahawks and stay alive for that wild card berth (1983....no), the 1985 SB run, the awful late 80's-early 90's period ( Zolak beats the Colts for on of 2 wins in 1992), finally the Kraft/Parcells/Bledsoe stretch, thru the Carroll years, and now this, and wouldnt my Dad have loved this. All next day people were happier, the newspapers were gold, and the coverage of the team coming back fronm New Orleans was surreal.
Because i took monday off I had to work on Tuesday, parade day, but i took a long lunch and hopped the train to Copley Square where the parade started. I got to see them up close. I got to look Belichick in the eye and yell thank you, Brady too. And see that trophy. the trophy i had only seen on TV and on NFL films, with folks like Art Rooney holding it. I had been a Celtics fan during the Bird years when they won me 3 titles.
But this was 100 times the thrill. I always knew the first time either the Red Sox or Patriots won a championship my sports fan life would pass from black 'n white to color.
And it did. 2003 was great. It was like a validation of 2002. 2004 was great too. The Red Sox winning the World Series, especially beating the Yankees, was amazing. But for me, none of it will compare to Super Bowl 36. Even having Paul McCartney and U2 there.
(Beatles and U2 are my #1 and #2 bands of all time). It was perfect. And like John Madden says. It never goes away and nobody can take it from you.

I hope very much you guys get to experience all this in 11 days. Savor this time. take it all in. But the second thing Madden says (hes an idiot about everything else, but these 2 sayings of his are so true), the biggest gap in sports is winning and losing the Super Bowl.
getting there, like the '95 Steelers and '96 Patriots, is a nice season, but what happens when you win is passing a threshold I truly hope you get to partake of. Go crazy and know it lasts a lifetime.

Thanks for sharing that story. I still have not found out what day the parade would fall on, but your experience has inspired me so I booked a plane ticket and called off work for Monday-Thursday. Even if we don't win I still want to be there to say thanks for all the great memories the steelers have given me this year.
axlbundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 05:44 PM   #15
MDSteel
Water Boy

Member Number: 1521

I called the mayors office on Tue, they said they didnt have any info on that yet and I e- mailed one of the post writters and he isnt expecting any word til after the game. I am in the same boat , but I did take mon-wed off to be there for which ever day they have it. I was hoping monday so I could get there sunday watch the game, go crazy with everyone else if they win and the catch the parade and then go shopping for all the new shirts. I only live about 5 hours so all I need is a hotel room.
MDSteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 06:30 PM   #16
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302

Quote:
Originally Posted by seahawksfan
Better jump back on your spaceship and return to planet dreamland. If the Steelers have a 70% chance of winning I have a 99% chance of winning the lottery.

The only things about this game that are 70% likely are:

% of inebriated Seahawk and Steeler fans
chance of snow
running out of cash trying to get into the game
running out of reasons for a Steeler victory
being propositioned by the oldest profession

LOL.
Nice reply! LOL If you do have a 99% shot at that lottery. I`ll let you hold our SuperBowl trophy if you split the ticket with me!
Old 01-26-2006, 07:06 PM   #17
hardwork
Banned

Member Number: 342

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 to be 4
its a memory you'll always cherish. Before SB 36 i asked/told my boss that FRiday that if the Patriots won nobody would be seeing me on monday as I knew id be up all night. I just had a feeling that it would be the year. After Vinatieri's kick was good I went to an almost unbelieving shock, followed by the joy of knowing my sports watching life would never be the same. I drove from my sisters house in Amherst,NH, turned on WEEI to listen to my boys coverage of the game and the joyous phonecallers, and drove all the way to Foxborough. I had no reason why, I just felt i had to go by the Stadium. All I ended up doing when I got there was honk the horn and scream out the window from Route 1. I got home at 1:30, put my VHS tape back in and watch the rest of the local and ESPN coverage the rest of the night. I just kept wanted to see the graphics "New England Patriots:World Champions" over and over and over. All night images of all the years i watched them came flooding back, the Plunkett years, the Grogan years, being at parties where nobody else was a sports fan but i needed the tv on to see if we could beat the Seahawks and stay alive for that wild card berth (1983....no), the 1985 SB run, the awful late 80's-early 90's period ( Zolak beats the Colts for on of 2 wins in 1992), finally the Kraft/Parcells/Bledsoe stretch, thru the Carroll years, and now this, and wouldnt my Dad have loved this. All next day people were happier, the newspapers were gold, and the coverage of the team coming back fronm New Orleans was surreal.
Because i took monday off I had to work on Tuesday, parade day, but i took a long lunch and hopped the train to Copley Square where the parade started. I got to see them up close. I got to look Belichick in the eye and yell thank you, Brady too. And see that trophy. the trophy i had only seen on TV and on NFL films, with folks like Art Rooney holding it. I had been a Celtics fan during the Bird years when they won me 3 titles.
But this was 100 times the thrill. I always knew the first time either the Red Sox or Patriots won a championship my sports fan life would pass from black 'n white to color.
And it did. 2003 was great. It was like a validation of 2002. 2004 was great too. The Red Sox winning the World Series, especially beating the Yankees, was amazing. But for me, none of it will compare to Super Bowl 36. Even having Paul McCartney and U2 there.
(Beatles and U2 are my #1 and #2 bands of all time). It was perfect. And like John Madden says. It never goes away and nobody can take it from you.

I hope very much you guys get to experience all this in 11 days. Savor this time. take it all in. But the second thing Madden says (hes an idiot about everything else, but these 2 sayings of his are so true), the biggest gap in sports is winning and losing the Super Bowl.
getting there, like the '95 Steelers and '96 Patriots, is a nice season, but what happens when you win is passing a threshold I truly hope you get to partake of. Go crazy and know it lasts a lifetime.

I enjoyed last years victory over the Colts in the playoffs the most. More then any of the 3 SBs. The Patriots just shut them down. Manning didn't get 1 TD. I'll never forget Bruschi staring across the line at Manning. Bruschi had both arms outstretched to his sides and gestured, what are you going to try now? Manning had nothing left. We had fooled him all night long. He thought he was looking at a cover 2 but he was looking at a disguised cover 4. It drove him to despair. Geart stuff.
hardwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 07:52 PM   #18
seahawksfan
Bench Warmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevestinks
Nice reply! LOL If you do have a 99% shot at that lottery. I`ll let you hold our SuperBowl trophy if you split the ticket with me!
Hey, if I win the lottery I'll let you accompany me and 20 of my friends to that $75,000 Sb suite to watch the defending SB champion Seahawks play the AFC champion in the 2007 SB!

Old 01-26-2006, 07:58 PM   #19
shevdog
Team Captain

Member Number: 120

I'll be in the burgh on Monday morning, maybe into Tuesday if I don't have to trek back to Philly for work.

I can't wait!!!! Bring on the Super Bowl!

Steelers Football: Simply the Best!
shevdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 08:24 PM   #20
3 to be 4
Team Owner

Member Number: 992

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardwork
I enjoyed last years victory over the Colts in the playoffs the most. More then any of the 3 SBs. The Patriots just shut them down. Manning didn't get 1 TD. I'll never forget Bruschi staring across the line at Manning. Bruschi had both arms outstretched to his sides and gestured, what are you going to try now? Manning had nothing left. We had fooled him all night long. He thought he was looking at a cover 2 but he was looking at a disguised cover 4. It drove him to despair. Geart stuff.

i cant put it up with the snow game or the Rams game but i agree that the Colt game last year was by far more satifying than either the Steeler or Eagle game because it was the game when the nation finally GOT IT about the Patriots. And they really finally got their due after that game. that lie about the Colts was put to rest and i was never prouder of the Patriots. Very good point.
But none of it would have mattered without SB 36 and being Champions in the first place.

Emotionally, i equate the snow game with Game 6 of the '75 WS. Vinatieri's 45 yard miracle kick was Bernie Carbo's 3 run homer. When that game ended i just started crying like a baby. the snowglobe atmosphere brought a beauty to that game that rivals the SB win. We've been very fortunate to have this team, and 2006 they'll be back strong.
3 to be 4 is offline   Reply With Quote