Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Blast Furnace

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 11-30-2009, 12:23 AM   #1
Pdiddy
Banned

Member Number: 10690
Default Ward Trashes Big Ben

I think you all are in a little more trouble than you might want to believe. Not only did you lose to the Ravens, but your locker room situation is simmering to a boil. I am sure most of you probably saw the interview before the game where Hines Ward ripped Big Ben, saying that half the locker room is upset with Ben for not playing in this important game. He said "most of us have played after a concussion" and he was not sure why Ben was not playing, questioning his toughness. OUCH.

Hope you all can right the ship in time to make the playoffs. Would love to play you again and turn the sweep into a triple play!

Personally, I do not blame Big Ben for not playing. Concussions are nothing to mess with and if I recall, he has had about six of them. If he took another blow tonight, he could be messing with his career and possibly his quality of life when he gets older.
Pdiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 12:30 AM   #2
Shea
Head Coach

Member Number: 5066
Default Re: Ward Trashes Big Ben

Was Hines questioning Ben, or questioning Tomlin's decision to not let Ben play?

Looks like it's gonna cause some drama either way.....
Shea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 08:10 AM   #3
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pdiddy View Post
I think you all are in a little more trouble than you might want to believe. Not only did you lose to the Ravens, but your locker room situation is simmering to a boil. I am sure most of you probably saw the interview before the game where Hines Ward ripped Big Ben, saying that half the locker room is upset with Ben for not playing in this important game. He said "most of us have played after a concussion" and he was not sure why Ben was not playing, questioning his toughness. OUCH.

Hope you all can right the ship in time to make the playoffs. Would love to play you again and turn the sweep into a triple play!

Personally, I do not blame Big Ben for not playing. Concussions are nothing to mess with and if I recall, he has had about six of them. If he took another blow tonight, he could be messing with his career and possibly his quality of life when he gets older.
Well, for team in "turmoil", it took you home field and deep into OT to beat us....with a 3rd string QB playing and our best defensive player on the bench.

We will get healthy and be much, much better by seasons end...that was about the best the Rats could muster...the ravens are nothing to rave about....
Old 11-30-2009, 12:22 PM   #4
SteelCityMom

Member Number:

Quote:

For one, the way the Ravens played yesterday...their playoff chances are a lot slimmer than the Steelers playoff chances. Had either Ben or Troy been in that game, it never would have gone to OT...and I think any rational Ravens fan knows that.

As for what Ward said about Ben, I think he should have held his tongue...it doesn't make WARD look good, especially when it was reported early in the game that Ben basically begged to play last night (Tomlin's words, not Ben's) but was told no by Tomlin. But I don't expect you to take that little tidbit into consideration.
Old 11-30-2009, 12:38 PM   #5
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984

Quote:
And I think you're a giant puss for disappearing last year during your 4-11-1 campaign only to show up here and talk shit this year.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 01:41 PM   #6
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

You know, I've been going over what Ward said and it's.....................just not really that big of a deal.
Old 11-30-2009, 07:53 PM   #7
SteelersMongol
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 2401

Wow, so since when did V start thinking the Baltimore Sun is the most reliable resource on what goes on between the Steelers players?

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/r...,7245766.story

The Ravens fanatics R terrible.
Old 11-30-2009, 08:40 PM   #8
Edman
Living Legend

Member Number: 3261
My Mood: Brooding

Where were you last year?

Enjoy your little day in the sunlight Bungle fan. You and all the other striped ****ers will go back to Marvin head hunting soon enough.
Edman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 08:05 AM   #9
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
I am sure most of you probably saw the interview before the game where Hines Ward ripped Big Ben, saying that half the locker room is upset with Ben for not playing in this important game.
That's NOT what Hines said. He said "the locker room was 50/50 on whether Ben should play or not". There was nothing said about anyone in that locker room being upset. Get your story straight before you come here making false statements.

On a positive note, at least Hines didn't punch one of the coaches at halftime to express his dismay.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 08:48 AM   #10
Bubby Blister
Water Boy

Member Number: 13565

Don't listen to the media overblowing situations as usual.

This is football. If you have never played football you would not understand what goes on in a locker room. In an NFL locker room if a player says he is not playing because he has a headache, will get laughed at, teased, and ragged on. I'm sure Ward was not the only one who said something.

Big Ben should have played. Each year the NFL becomes more of a whoose. By the year 2020, the NFL will become the NFFL (National Flag Football League).

Football involves playing through injuries. Ward is not wrong for commenting. He knew they would lose with Dixon being thrown into the Lions Den.
Bubby Blister is offline   Reply With Quote