Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 11-30-2009, 08:22 AM   #1
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Member Number: 6891
Default Big Effing Sigh

yeah...I want to rant and rave and go off about this loss to the Ravens...sitting at 6-5 really isn't where I thought we'd be, especially with the Jags dropping their game earlier we had an opportunity to take the Wild Card spot for our own...

guys are chirping the locker room...or at least its being reported that way...the O Coordinator is getting bashed...the D Coordinator is getting bashed...the head coach is getting bashed...the 2nd Year QB made a mistake late...the defense let up huge plays again...the offense wasn't great on 3rd down...the special teams still lacks in coverage giving up big returns or at least large chunks on returns...

The Back Up QB, the Back Up LG, the Back up Safety, the Back up DT, big effing sigh...

I was very dissapointed...but I have hope...11-5 can make the playoffs...its rare it doesn't...like last season...looking at a 5th or 6th seed at best at this point...unless someone else completely collapses...what's important is one game at a time...Raiders are next...got to beat them otherwise we are looking toward a rare Steelers not in the post season type of year...which suck...

but...we've been here before as fans...we've seen this all before...sometimes your heart is ripped out of your chest as you lose an AFC Title Game...sometimes your amazed when a 6th seed goes on to beat the #3, #1, and #2 Seeds in a row to go on to beat the NFC #1 Seed in the Super Bowl...

we'll see how this plays out...I'm just ready for a single win at this point to get things rolling in the right direction...1 win, 2 losses, 5 wins, 3 losses. We are what we are at this point. A Good team with Flaws and with Great Players...we can make a run, or choke out like punks...its up to our guys to get it going. All of them. All the Players, all the Coaches and all the Fans...its in our own hands at this point. Win out...In the playoffs...lose more games...playing golf...
Old 11-30-2009, 08:40 AM   #2
The_WARDen
Head Coach

Member Number: 7628
Default Re: Big Effing Sigh

The way things are going (injuries, apparent locker room issues), I don't expect this team to make the playoffs.

However, looking the schedule (Oakland at home, Clowns, Packers at home, Ravens at home, Dolphins), they could easily go 4-1. They could also go 1-4 if the team that lost to the Chiefs shows up.

Without Ben and Troy, it's gonna be tough.
After reading the idiotic threads over the past couple of weeks, I ask the question - "Who is worse...Steeler fans or Eagles fans?" Keep in mind that Eagle fans do not know what it's like to win a SB much less 6 and 2 this decade.
The_WARDen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 08:49 AM   #3
plenewken
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 3447

I've heard the "one game at a time" thing all year long and particularly since our 2nd loss to the Bengals. Didn't prevent us to lay 2 more eggs since.
We're not a good team this year, that's the reality. One week it's ST, the next it's D, the next it's O. Seems like we're not 100% focused when we walk on the field.
Like I said before, we're not the 7th offense and 7th defense in the AFC for no reason.
plenewken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 08:50 AM   #4
madtowndrunkard
Team Captain

Member Number: 11280

Normally I'd have a little more optimism about our playoff chances, even after losing 3 straight....but if you look at who we've beaten and who we've been beaten by you can't possibly think we have a shot at the playoffs.

Losses to teams like the Bears, Ravens, and Chiefs do not happen to good teams. We've been swept by the Bengals, who IMO really aren't that good. A very mediocre Ravens team just beat us, and if it weren't for a couple stupid special team penalties on the Ravens that game never makes it to OT.

We've been gift wrapped a ridiculously easy schedule and we can't even handle that. We've changed our offensive philosophy to a system that is not working. The coaches have shown NO ability to adjust.

Nothing has shown me that we can beat all remaining teams left on our schedule. As a fan I want to think we can do it, but if you look at it honestly it doesn't look good at all.
madtowndrunkard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 08:58 AM   #5
Shoes
Team Captain
Supporter

Member Number: 6382

Quote:
Originally Posted by madtowndrunkard View Post
Normally I'd have a little more optimism about our playoff chances, even after losing 3 straight....but if you look at who we've beaten and who we've been beaten by you can't possibly think we have a shot at the playoffs.

Losses to teams like the Bears, Ravens, and Chiefs do not happen to good teams. We've been swept by the Bengals, who IMO really aren't that good. A very mediocre Ravens team just beat us, and if it weren't for a couple stupid special team penalties on the Ravens that game never makes it to OT.

We've been gift wrapped a ridiculously easy schedule and we can't even handle that. We've changed our offensive philosophy to a system that is not working. The coaches have shown NO ability to adjust.

Nothing has shown me that we can beat all remaining teams left on our schedule. As a fan I want to think we can do it, but if you look at it honestly it doesn't look good at all.
It's amazing " Raven Fan's" can come on this board and make more sense than some of our "own"
Shoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 09:12 AM   #6
madtowndrunkard
Team Captain

Member Number: 11280

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
It's amazing " Raven Fan's" can come on this board and make more sense than some of our "own"
It's amazing that some Ravens fans don't feel the need to insult other board members to make their points...yet some steeler fans do.

What part of what I said don't you agree with? Oh wait I forgot....we are the steelers - we can lose to no one! Because some fans are NOT "fanatics" and can actually take an honest look at our team does not make you any better of a fan.

There is nothing wrong with pointing out issues with your own team. If our coaching staff and management took the same approach as you, we'd be the Raiders. You can acknowledge strengths along w/ weaknesses and still be a fan.
madtowndrunkard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 09:33 AM   #7
Shoes
Team Captain
Supporter

Member Number: 6382

Quote:
It's amazing that some Ravens fans don't feel the need to insult other board members to make their points...yet some steeler fans do.

What part of what I said don't you agree with? Oh wait I forgot....we are the steelers - we can lose to no one! Because some fans are NOT "fanatics" and can actually take an honest look at our team does not make you any better of a fan.

There is nothing wrong with pointing out issues with your own team. If our coaching staff and management took the same approach as you, we'd be the Raiders. You can acknowledge strengths along w/ weaknesses and still be a fan.
Your point is "OUR SEASON IS OVER"!.......that's what I don't agree with. You made that point in another post and you've carried it through all the others. You seem to think everyone should agree with you. I don't think you had one positive comment about any Steeler player in yesterday's game.......but the ravens did.
Shoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 09:38 AM   #8
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

There are 5 games left. We are not yet healthy. We have a couple bad teams coming up on the schedule. There is some reason for optimism.
Old 11-30-2009, 09:42 AM   #9
Nadroj 20
Team President

Member Number: 14045

Quote:

Your right you can point out some negative points about your own team its ok because facts are facts but the FACT is your wrong!

Look at the standings right now denvers a wildcard at 7-4 and there are 3 teams (steelers jags and ravens) tied at 6-5....we still play the ravens at home and own the tie breaker with denver....there is still a good chance so to say there is NO chance isnt correct.
Nadroj 20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 09:45 AM   #10
Nadroj 20
Team President

Member Number: 14045

Quote:

So the raiders and browns who are the next two games mark them up as losses?
Nadroj 20 is offline   Reply With Quote