Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 11-30-2009, 01:17 PM   #1
I-Want-Troy's-Hair
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 2698
Default A telling stat

listening to Stan and Guys's show this morning and they came up with an very telling stat....

of 38 drives the defense gave up 70 yards or more 44% of the time.

This defense looks old and is killing us the secondary looked lost, can't tackle, gay looked like a keystone cop running like his ass is on fire and going no where. This team can't get off the field on 3rd downs and our offense can't make 3rd downs. I'm getting real tired of losing a lead AND the game with less than 7 minutes left in the 4th quarter. So much for that "band of brothers" it appears this group can't look at each other.

It's my fault we lost I feel so dirty. I picked the rat birds to win yesterday in both pools I'm in. I'm sorry

thank goodness for the Penguins it's nice to watch a team that WANTS to win and plays with heart.
Old 11-30-2009, 01:22 PM   #2
madtowndrunkard
Team Captain

Member Number: 11280
Default Re: A telling stat

Quote:
Originally Posted by I-Want-Troy's-Hair View Post
listening to Stan and Guys's show this morning and they came up with an very telling stat....

This defense looks old and is killing us the secondary looked lost, can't tackle, gay looked like a keystone cop running like his ass is on fire and going no where. This team can't get off the field on 3rd downs and our offense can't make 3rd downs. I'm getting real tired of losing a lead AND the game with less than 7 minutes left in the 4th quarter. So much for that "band of brothers" it appears this group can't look at each other.

It's my fault we lost I feel so dirty. I picked the rat birds to win yesterday in both pools I'm in. I'm sorry

thank goodness for the Penguins it's nice to watch a team that WANTS to win and plays with heart.

What time frame is that? Is that during our 3 game losing streak? A stat like that does not mean much unless you can compare it to what the rest of the league is doing.

I look at points scored and our defense is ranked right near the top of the league. That means #1 our defense is getting it done...just not as pretty as we are used to...and #2 - The NFL is an offensive league. The rules are making it tougher and tougher on defenses. Just look at Harrison...the guy gets mugged every week by opposing OT's and I think he's maybe drew 3 holding calls all year.
madtowndrunkard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 01:36 PM   #3
I-Want-Troy's-Hair
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 2698

My guess is that this would be the last 38 defensive series.

at this point being #1 in defense means nothing. This team can't get it done, defense, secondary, special teams, offense, can't tackle, coaching sucks breakdowns all around spreading out the finger pointing to everyone as it is well deserved.

The steelers have lost 3 games in a row when was the last time that's happened?

This team can't get it done. period.
Old 11-30-2009, 02:17 PM   #4
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

It happened WAAAAAAAY back in....................................2006.

I agree that the D is giving up too many big plays....but that is uncharacteristic. It can be corrected....and how, exactly, are we too old?
Old 11-30-2009, 02:19 PM   #5
7SteelGal43
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 12283

Yeah well, I have one word to fix our ills on defense..........Troy.

sig by steelax04
7SteelGal43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 02:20 PM   #6
The_WARDen
Head Coach

Member Number: 7628

Quote:

WOW!

if memory serves me correctly, didn't the team with heart (Penguins) tank it last season and get their coach fired before amazingly turning it on right as the new coach was hired? That team with heart?
After reading the idiotic threads over the past couple of weeks, I ask the question - "Who is worse...Steeler fans or Eagles fans?" Keep in mind that Eagle fans do not know what it's like to win a SB much less 6 and 2 this decade.
The_WARDen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 02:22 PM   #7
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984

Sounds like someone else is ready to "boycott" the Steelers.....
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 02:29 PM   #8
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Member Number: 6891

I boycott losing!!!
Old 11-30-2009, 02:35 PM   #9
Crow-Magnon
Team Captain

Member Number: 9500

Quote:

Thank Jesus you're not a Browns fan. If you were, there'd be a wooden beam with "Brooks Was Here" carved in it and you hanging under it.

Did you watch the game last night? All those hits, those five sacks....that wasn't playing with heart? My God, man! Do you expect the Steelers to win the SB every year?

You are blessed to have a great team with great ownership and a proud tradition. Be disappointed they lost; that's understandable. But your expectations are lofty and a little crazy.
Crow-Magnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 02:36 PM   #10
The_WARDen
Head Coach

Member Number: 7628

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino 6 Rings View Post
I boycott losing!!!
I boycott boycotting!! oh...wait..nevermind
After reading the idiotic threads over the past couple of weeks, I ask the question - "Who is worse...Steeler fans or Eagles fans?" Keep in mind that Eagle fans do not know what it's like to win a SB much less 6 and 2 this decade.
The_WARDen is offline   Reply With Quote