Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 11-30-2009, 03:47 PM   #1
Angus Burgher
Team Captain

Member Number: 15057
Default The NFL Coach Chopping Block

Well, Dick Jauron was the first big HC firing of the season. Who do you think is next? How about position coaches?

For the Steelers, I think I speak for at least of few of us here when I say that Legashitsky needs to go. Everyone else... I think is okay, though they might need to bring in some fresh talent somewhere to help out.

Others...

If the Cowboys falter and don't make the playoffs... or if they do and they choke (as usual) Wade Philips is probably gone.

Eric Mangina is gone. I'm surprised he hasn't been fired already. Not only is he an idiot, but he also appears to be a total asshole. This almost seems like a no-brainer. However, I still can't fathom why he was hired in the first place.

Even if Tom Cable doesn't wind up in jail sometime next year for beating up an assistant, a girlfriend or a girl scout, I don't see him coaching in Jokeland next year. That team has more problems that I can comprehend, but it doesn't help when your coach is a borderline psycho. It also doesn't help when, you know, he's also a bad coach.

Here's a bit of a dark horse candidate... Andy Reid. The Eagles spent so much cash in the offseason trying to buy themselves a Super Bowl... a late season implosion that results in this team missing the playoffs or choking in them could spell the end for Reid.

Oh and of course, Jim Zorn. Although the real problem in Washington is Snyder. But you can't fire the owner.
Old 11-30-2009, 03:54 PM   #2
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,668 Times in 1,583 Posts
Default Re: The NFL Coach Chopping Block

zorn will be canned. can't help but think the bears will make a few changes...maybe not lovie just yet, but some heads should roll in chicago. might be some changes in seattle as well. if jacksonville falls apart down the stretch del rio could be in trouble.
MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 03:59 PM   #3
Angus Burgher
Team Captain

Yeah, things are pretty rotten in Chicago right now. I don't know if it's Cutler, his lackluster receiving corps, the dead running game or the coaches... but that team is looking awful. I still can't believe we lost to them.

Speaking of which, how do you like this statistic. Cutler has only played two games this season where he wasn't intercepted. One was against us, and one was against the Lions. In other words, his two best games were against the team that couldn't win a game last year and the Super Bowl champions. How's that for irony.

Last edited by Angus Burgher; 11-30-2009 at 04:35 PM.
Angus Burgher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 06:05 PM   #4
RodWoodsonwasprettycool
Team Captain

Member Number: 8551

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angus Burgher View Post
Here's a bit of a dark horse candidate... Andy Reid. The Eagles spent so much cash in the offseason trying to buy themselves a Super Bowl... a late season implosion that results in this team missing the playoffs or choking in them could spell the end for Reid.
Would take him and his 5 AFCCG and 1 Super Bowl apperance in a heartbeat. If the iggles are crazy enough to do that, I'd pray that we would land him.
Old 11-30-2009, 07:03 PM   #5
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

I think John Fox just might get a pink slip this season with Cowher waiting in the wings.

Vangina definitely gets the boot. It's a shame about Zorn - Snyder is not only a spoiled, arrogant, whiney titstick of an owner, but is also a coach killer.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 07:07 PM   #6
Christian Snyder
Team Captain

Member Number: 14544

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodWoodsonwasprettycool View Post
Would take him and his 5 AFCCG and 1 Super Bowl apperance in a heartbeat. If the iggles are crazy enough to do that, I'd pray that we would land him.
Luckily, I don't think they're that stupid.
Old 11-30-2009, 07:15 PM   #7
Angus Burgher
Team Captain

I don't necessarily think Reid is on the hot seat, but...

I lived in PA most of my life, and Eagles fans can be downright psychotic. They literally feel like the league OWES them a Lombardi Trophy. I always tell them "Hey, come over to our side... it's better. We've got six!" But they never listen. And while the fan base doesn't necessarily influence the owner's decisions, it does at least get their attention. If Philly doesn't win one soon, I have a feeling they'll be making some changes somewhere. I mean, when the team on the other side of the state has won the big one more times than anybody and you still haven't gotten one, well...
Old 11-30-2009, 07:18 PM   #8
Christian Snyder
Team Captain

Member Number: 14544

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angus Burgher View Post
I don't necessarily think Reid is on the hot seat, but...

I lived in PA most of my life, and Eagles fans can be downright psychotic. They literally feel like the league OWES them a Lombardi Trophy. I always tell them "Hey, come over to our side... it's better. We've got six!" But they never listen. And while the fan base doesn't necessarily influence the owner's decisions, it does at least get their attention. If Philly doesn't win one soon, I have a feeling they'll be making some changes somewhere. I mean, when the team on the other side of the state has won the big one more times than anybody and you still haven't gotten one, well...
It's quite possiblethat the only reason the Eagles haven't won a SB is because of the Patriots*. The Patriots* only won by 3 points, I wonder what would've happened had they not been cheating?
Old 11-30-2009, 09:37 PM   #9
KeiselPower99
Living Legend

Member Number: 8552

See ya at the Unemployment office
Eric Mangini Cleveland
Tom Cable Oakland
Jim Zorn Washington

Time to stand up and fight for your job
John Fox Carolina
Perry Fewell Buffalo
Wade Phillips Dallas

On hot seat but will be back in 2010
Lovie Smith Chicago
Gary Kubiak Houston
Norv Turner San Deigo
Raheem Morris Tampa
Jack Del Rio Jax
Old 11-30-2009, 11:44 PM   #10
Angus Burgher
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian Snyder View Post
It's quite possiblethat the only reason the Eagles haven't won a SB is because of the Patriots*. The Patriots* only won by 3 points, I wonder what would've happened had they not been cheating?
I think it had more to do with the Eagles running down the clock because McNabb was throwing up all over the field.

As for the Pats, I hate them too, but well... I'm thankful that they kept the Lombardi out of Philly. All my friends who are Eagles fans turned into total douchebags that year. All I heard was "HAHAHA, Steelers suck! They choked! The Eagles are gonna win the Super Bowl!"

And since that time, we've won two, in comparison to their zero. Who's laughing now?