Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 01-26-2006, 01:32 PM   #21
bigbensgirl7
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 292
Default Re: Dynasty in the Making?????

Come on guys...I know we are all excited, as we should be...but we have accomplished nothing yet! Let's win this one...then concentrate on next year!!!
HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!!!!
Old 01-26-2006, 01:35 PM   #22
TexaSteeler
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 896

Quote:
Originally Posted by atrus20
Way too early to be thinking that at all. Lets just focus on this game and cheer the black and gold on!
It's not too early and we don't have to focus, the team does. We could dance in a tutu every day until the Super Bowl and the Steelers could still win.

The Steelers have had many great teams under Cowher. The biggest glaring problem with every one of those teams was the lack of a great QB. With Ben at the wheel, those same great teams are going to come and go and this time we will win Super Bowls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantStop85
Every team in the league is arguably young and talented in one respect or another...the biggest worries should be free agency and team continuity.
I used to worry about free agency, but the Steelers have proven that it doesn't matter to them. Here's a list off the top of my head of great players we lost that I mistakenly mourned:

Eric Green
Yancy Thigpen
Barry Foster
Bam Morris
Neil O'Donnell
Rod Woodson
Greg Lloyd
Kevin Green
Earl Holmes
Charles Johnson
Ernie Mills
Chad Brown
Kendrell Bell
Plaxico Burress
Bubby Brister (just kiddding)

My point is the Steelers always recover and rarely even show a sign that they miss the player, and only one or two of these players when on to have any real impact any where else. The Steelers know what they're doing when it comes to FA, and I don't think twice about it any more.
TexaSteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 01:48 PM   #23
lotas
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 1176

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexaSteeler
It's not too early and we don't have to focus, the team does. We could dance in a tutu every day until the Super Bowl and the Steelers could still win.

The Steelers have had many great teams under Cowher. The biggest glaring problem with every one of those teams was the lack of a great QB. With Ben at the wheel, those same great teams are going to come and go and this time we will win Super Bowls.

I used to worry about free agency, but the Steelers have proven that it doesn't matter to them. Here's a list off the top of my head of great players we lost that I mistakenly mourned:

Eric Green
Yancy Thigpen
Barry Foster
Bam Morris
Neil O'Donnell
Rod Woodson
Greg Lloyd
Kevin Green
Earl Holmes
Charles Johnson
Ernie Mills
Chad Brown
Kendrell Bell
Plaxico Burress
Bubby Brister (just kiddding)

My point is the Steelers always recover and rarely even show a sign that they miss the player, and only one or two of these players when on to have any real impact any where else. The Steelers know what they're doing when it comes to FA, and I don't think twice about it any more.
ah...Yancey Thigpen and Charles Johnson......good ole memories
lotas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 01:53 PM   #24
Dook
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 906

The core talent is there and it is young but the key is salary cap.

NFL players salaries are backloaded so they make less money in the first few years then more as they get deeper into their contracts. In 3-4 years a lot of core talent is going to come up for new contracts. The salary cap goes up each year but not near enough to cover big time players, it barely covers just signing the draft picks.

With pay going up it means we are going to have trouble paying everyone next year so some have to go. Bettis retires saves some ($1.5m I think), Hartings ($7m) will have to restructure or go, Porter ($5m) I would ask to restructure, Townsend and Randel El are likely gone which helps some.

We are already committed to paying Ward big time money, which he deserves, and Ben and Polo are going to want the same.

We need some very, very good drafts.

Last edited by Dook; 01-26-2006 at 02:00 PM.
Dook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 01:55 PM   #25
Hawkfan
Water Boy

Member Number: 1415

Quote:
Originally Posted by noto45
Just was thinking after we win the Superbowl the age of our star players is young.

Ben, Troy, Antwan, Willie and the newcomers in the secondary are all young. If we fill the holes every year could this be a dynasty in the making??????
While you have the makings of a great team dont get to far ahead of yourself.

Go Hawks!
Hawkfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 02:01 PM   #26
seahawksfan
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 1328

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexaSteeler

Ah...I don't think so. The Steelers really do need you dancing in a tutu if they have any chance to win. LOL. Dynasty talk is way too early and seasoned fans know not to jinx their team. However, I'm convinced that if you were to wear that tutu they might...just might...

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin
seahawksfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 02:10 PM   #27
1NYSTEELER1
Water Boy

Member Number: 1224

I think Shaun Alexander would like MIGHTY fine in the Black & Gold...........just a dream I guess. Looking back at Super Bowl XXX, how did that STEELERS team do it? It goes to prove it is all in the coaching. I remember watching that team disappear within 2 years of the big game and other than Woodson - Who did anything?
1NYSTEELER1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 02:44 PM   #28
ZornToLargent
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 1298

Quote:
Originally Posted by noto45
Just was thinking after we win the Superbowl the age of our star players is young.

Ben, Troy, Antwan, Willie and the newcomers in the secondary are all young. If we fill the holes every year could this be a dynasty in the making??????
That's pretty funny because we are talking about the same exact thing here in the Pacific Northwest...
ZornToLargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 02:46 PM   #29
ZornToLargent
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 1298

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1NYSTEELER1
I think Shaun Alexander would like MIGHTY fine in the Black & Gold...........just a dream I guess. Looking back at Super Bowl XXX, how did that STEELERS team do it? It goes to prove it is all in the coaching. I remember watching that team disappear within 2 years of the big game and other than Woodson - Who did anything?
I think there is a better chance of seeing Microsoft and Apple/Mac computers merging together than seeing Alexander in a differnt colored jersey next year.
ZornToLargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 04:01 PM   #30
bmovierat
Water Boy

Member Number: 1148

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZornToLargent
I think there is a better chance of seeing Microsoft and Apple/Mac computers merging together than seeing Alexander in a differnt colored jersey next year.
Well, considering that Macs are now running Intel chips, that merger might not be as far fetched as you think.
bmovierat is offline   Reply With Quote