Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 01-27-2006, 10:07 AM   #41
seahawksfan
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 1328
Default Re: Dynasty in the Making?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardwork
Hawkfan, the guy is playing on the fact that the Dynasty theme is a joke. Get it? It's pure sarcasm.
Ah ha...

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin
seahawksfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 10:09 AM   #42
seahawksfan
Bench Warmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexaSteeler
Fans cannot jinx their team. They can only look stupid if they celebrate before the game is played.

I've got my Ace Ventura tutu on. "Put me in coach..."
Wearing that you should be looking for dolphins!

Old 01-27-2006, 10:51 AM   #43
Rotorhead
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 703
My Mood: Relaxed

If you think Hasselback, or whatever his name is, is the most intelligeng player in the league, or even this game you are a fool. Peyton (as much of a whiner he is) is probably the most intelligent QB in the game, and you saw what we did to him. Matt better take his OL out to about 50 steak dinners in the next week and hope they can at least get a look at our LB's flying past them on their way to crushing their QB. SA may have been the league MVP but he wont be the game MVP, and that is unfortunate cause the running game will be your only hope.
Rotorhead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 12:04 PM   #44
whatsyurprob
Water Boy

Member Number: 1458

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotorhead
If you think Hasselback, or whatever his name is, is the most intelligeng player in the league, or even this game you are a fool. Peyton (as much of a whiner he is) is probably the most intelligent QB in the game, and you saw what we did to him. Matt better take his OL out to about 50 steak dinners in the next week and hope they can at least get a look at our LB's flying past them on their way to crushing their QB. SA may have been the league MVP but he wont be the game MVP, and that is unfortunate cause the running game will be your only hope.
Excuse me, but could U please explain why U root for a team that U know nothing about? I mean look at your statement concerning the running game. That's the D of the Steelers strength. It's the pass where one finds the weakness when it comes to the Yellow & Black. Don't look now, , but that's where Hass, shines.

U made a comment about the SEAHAWKS, O-Line. .. LB's "flying by them"? Just how long have U been watching football, , , a few weeks? Any avid fan or so-called expert within the media knows that the SEATTLE SEAHAWKS, have the best line in the business bar-none. Shut-up!!! It can't be argued with. .. ...

Never mind. Your lack of intelligence bores me.

TOUCHDOWN SEAHAWKS
whatsyurprob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 12:44 PM   #45
TexaSteeler
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 896

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatsyurprob
Excuse me, but could U please explain why U root for a team that U know nothing about? I mean look at your statement concerning the running game. That's the D of the Steelers strength. It's the pass where one finds the weakness when it comes to the Yellow & Black. Don't look now, , but that's where Hass, shines.

U made a comment about the SEAHAWKS, O-Line. .. LB's "flying by them"? Just how long have U been watching football, , , a few weeks? Any avid fan or so-called expert within the media knows that the SEATTLE SEAHAWKS, have the best line in the business bar-none. Shut-up!!! It can't be argued with. .. ...

Never mind. Your lack of intelligence bores me.

TOUCHDOWN SEAHAWKS
Hass can't shine if he doesn't have time. Don't look now, but he just got sacked again.

And wouldn't it take just as much effort to hit Shift+U as to just type "you"? It's annoying to read.
TexaSteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 01:37 PM   #46
seahawksfan
Bench Warmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotorhead
First, learn to spell his name correctly. Every NFL QB is intelligent. From the past, examples abound. Heck, even some accused of being dumb (e.g. Bradshaw) did more good than bad. A QB's leadership skills are equally important as intelligence. Point being that no one would make the claim that Hasselbeck is the most intelligent player in the league. However, he is intelligent enough to play the entire Holmgren playbook; calling audibles in a west coast offense takes more brain power than you, me or most NFL QB's have. Same holds true for any current Steeler player. Frankly, I sometimes think the most intelligent players on a team are the centers. They have so much to do with calling schemes, shifts all while staying tuned to the counters on the d-line as well as his QB calls.

The intelligence of one player does not make a victory. The collective will, desire and talent of a team drives success. That expalins why both teams are in the SB.

I don't mind hyperbole when it stays close to the truth. You strayed into the outer limits.

Old 01-27-2006, 02:22 PM   #47
Eztarget
Starter

Member Number: 162

You need to WIN ONE Superbowl before you can talk dynasty. Remember how many more SB's Dan Marino went to after his first one?
Eztarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 09:38 AM   #48
noto45
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 984

oh yeah I forgot about heath!!!

"You play tough, you play smart, and above all ..... you play physical."
noto45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 09:43 AM   #49
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70

All I want is one for the thumb right now, we'll worry about dynasty talk after we win a few more with big ben
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 10:11 AM   #50
BlackNGold203
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 1217

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity
All I want is one for the thumb right now, we'll worry about dynasty talk after we win a few more with big ben
AMEN BRC....

Dynasty?....man...thats premature...in the "new NFL"...thats a tough trick....which makes what the Pats have done (3 outs 4) so impressive...

Plus..theres a labor storm on the horizon for the NFL..so the landscape may change again...

Lets kick ass Sunday...thats ALL that matters right now

In my humble opinion....:)