Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Blast Furnace

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 12-01-2009, 10:56 PM   #21
SteelCityMom

Member Number:
Default Re: Can't call Ravens ratbirds anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnJohnson View Post
Since 2000 the Steelers are only 12-9 against the Ravens. It came in 2000, it came in 2006, and the Ravens just beat you a few days ago...in fact, the "Bungles" swept you, so...what are you talking about?

It is coming. The Ravens are on the way up, even if they don't make it to the postseason this year, and the Steelers are the ones bungling games against bad teams like the Bears and Chiefs. Steelers are turning into the Cowboys, a bunch of big egos.
Sure, they're going to win some games, they're not the Browns lol. And the Ravens are on the way up? Since when? Their defense is a shell of it's former self and it's only going to get worse. And it's not like that offense is setting any records either. The Ravens blew their load for the next few years last season.

My point is, the only team in our division that is consistent is the Steelers. It's just fact. The Browns...are the Browns. The Bengals are slightly better, but they'll figure out a way to screw up a winning season. The Ravens are our biggest rival, but they still can't manage to put two winning seasons together very often. It's not arrogance, it's just plain fact. And we're nothing like the Cowboys who are pipe dreams year in and year out, but haven't won a playoff game since '96.
Old 12-01-2009, 11:05 PM   #22
Edman
Living Legend

Member Number: 3261
My Mood: Brooding

I'll call the Ravens whatever I want. Shitbirds, Turds, Assholes, Peckers, Purplepissbirds.

The Ravens "knocked us on our ass" so bad that a 3rd string QB took them to overtime. I would be too confident in beating a 3rd string QB who has never seen an NFL field in his life in OT. But hey, this is Baltimore we're talking about. Home to an over the hill Linebacker who still manages to convince everyone is he's still one of the league's best.

Your D is getting old, your front office stupidly shelled out all of that money on Gay Ray, instead of finding more weapons for their new franchise QB, and somehow the Ravens are on the way up? But once again, this is Baltimore we're talking about.

Last edited by Edman; 12-01-2009 at 11:19 PM.
Edman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 11:13 PM   #23
Edman
Living Legend

Member Number: 3261
My Mood: Brooding

The Bengals swept us. Yeah they did, for the first time in how many years? Sorry, they're going to have to do more than a few miracle seasons here and there to be taken seriously. Definately talented though.

The Browns are the Browns. They suck.

And comparing us to the Cowgirls really shows how dumb you are. Dallas hasn't won a playoff game since the Clinton Administration. If there is anyone living on past glory around here, it's you morons down in Baltimore.
Edman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 04:09 AM   #24
Galax Steeler
The Virginia Hillbilly
Supporter

Member Number: 3287
Thanked 3,077 Times in 1,302 Posts
My Mood: Lurking

Ratbird Ratbird Ratbird Ratbird Ratbird Who says I can't call them Ratbirds anymore.
Old 12-02-2009, 07:00 AM   #25
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398

The funniest part of the entire article is the very beginning as it starts off:

Quote:
Brown-necked ravens
Now if that doesn't bring the entire existence of the ratbirds to the forefront!

And I think I'll call our latest ratbird fan addition a

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 07:50 AM   #26
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

Actually, calling the Ravens ratbirds is an affront to rats. Rats are clean, and live in very civil ordered societies. They don't shit where they eat.

Ravens are disgusting carrion fowl that eat shit and roadkill.
Old 12-02-2009, 10:39 AM   #27
JohnJohnson
Banned

Member Number: 15460

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
As they did you. Were you trying to make a point here?

Your team and fanbase have been talking shit and barking at the moon since winning a SB 9 years ago and doing pretty much nothing since.

Yes, if you had read the thread instead of just my post, maybe you would be able to follow. I was responding to SteelShittyMom, who seems to have convenient short-term memory loss of the season. Yes, the Ravens were swept by the Bengals, I'm not the one acting like they're an afterthought. Maybe Ravens Bengals will be the new rivalry after your team falls apart.

See, that's exactly what I'm talking about. Steelers fans, especially now that their team has 6 Superbowls, think nothing has been accomplished if a SB isn't won, which is why in the long run your team will decline. Hines Ward can't even manage to avoid spouting off to the media about Roethlisberger playing, the coaching staff, w/e. Like I said, a bunch of big egos, not a family.

Defense is a shell of itself, huh? Is that why the Ravens are ranked #4 in points allowed per game?

A 3rd string QB who played very well, Baltimore fans probably give him more respect than you assholes. Maybe if the number one defense didn't let Ray Rice run all over them, it would have been a different game. Btw, the Ravens thought that Ben was playing until Friday, and their game plan was designed for him. You can't say that if Ben played you would have beaten us. YOU JUST F*CKING LOST TO THE CHIEFS, IN OT, WITH BEN. AND YOU WON THE TOSS IN BOTH GAMES!!! Talk about delusional.

The whole Ravens ratbirds thing was a joke, I don't actually think that any of you morons are going to stop. I just thought it was a cool article, and btw, dogs eat cat shit cuz it smells/tastes like food to them...so animals are just gross in general.
JohnJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 11:59 AM   #28
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Quote:
Yes, if you had read the thread instead of just my post, maybe you would be able to follow. I was responding to SteelShittyMom, who seems to have convenient short-term memory loss of the season. Yes, the Ravens were swept by the Bengals, I'm not the one acting like they're an afterthought. Maybe Ravens Bengals will be the new rivalry after your team falls apart.

See, that's exactly what I'm talking about. Steelers fans, especially now that their team has 6 Superbowls, think nothing has been accomplished if a SB isn't won, which is why in the long run your team will decline. Hines Ward can't even manage to avoid spouting off to the media about Roethlisberger playing, the coaching staff, w/e. Like I said, a bunch of big egos, not a family.
And that's the problem with ratbird fans, they think that the Steelers will fall apart. While we have years of destruction, they are spaced out betwee years of success.

Tell me, since the ratbirds transition from cleveland, how many winning seasons have they had?

Old 12-02-2009, 12:01 PM   #29
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Quote:
so animals are just gross in general.
Sounds like the majority of the ratbird fans.

Old 12-02-2009, 12:51 PM   #30
GoSlash27
Team Captain

Member Number: 3225

Quote:
Tell me, since the ratbirds transition from cleveland, how many winning seasons have they had?
For that matter, how many winning seasons did they have before the transition?
GoSlash27 is offline   Reply With Quote