Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 12-02-2009, 06:00 AM   #1
mesaSteeler
A Son of Martha
Supporter

Member Number: 10438
Default Steelers coach Mike Tomlin's take

Steelers coach Mike Tomlin's take
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt...s_655788.html#
By The Tribune-Review

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Steelers coach Mike Tomlin weighs in on a number of issues heading into his team's game this weekend:

Whether he is concerned there is discontent in the locker room following Hines Ward's comments to NBC about Ben Roethlisberger:

"I wouldn't necessarily acknowledge that it's discontent. When I've got to field questions that are not relevant to winning and losing, I get annoyed. So from that standpoint, it is unsettling but not overly, no."

The decision not to play Roethlisberger against the Ravens after he sustained a concussion the previous week:

"As the week wore on, there became an increasing concern that that might potentially happen, but not to the point that we were in panic mode. We were just monitoring the situation, and ultimately, after he experienced a headache following Friday's practice, we realized that we needed to put heads together and have a legitimate conversation, which occurred Saturday morning."

Whether the Steelers have done anything differently from a schematics standpoint and if that is related to the fourth-quarter scoring drives they have given up this season:

"We haven't. We try to play to our strengths and minimize our weaknesses. Although we've given up drives at the end of games, it always appears to be this and that, something a little different. The reality is that we're not getting it done in those instances, and we have to acknowledge that. I know that our group will, and they will prepare for the next opportunity to hopefully deliver."

Whether this team has a different mentality than the one that won the Super Bowl last season:

"I don't know that there is a difference in mentality. There's a difference in the result of our work, to this point. But really, no significance with regard to mentality. I think we have a focused, competitive group that's game to face the challenges that it faces on a week-in, week-out basis."

Whether opposing teams have been targeting cornerback William Gay:

"They may target him again this week. He better not blink."

The Tribune-Review can be reached at or .
mesaSteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 08:23 AM   #2
Fire Haley
Banned

Member Number: 763
Thanked 1,098 Times in 768 Posts
Default Re: Steelers coach Mike Tomlin's take

The whole team has been blinking like a Christmas tree for a month.
Fire Haley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 08:27 AM   #3
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

I think the guys need to stop worrying about who is going to play and who isn't, get their heads out of their hineys, renew the comradery which played a huge part in their successes the past 2 seasons and come out there on Sunday, give 150% and come out of that game with their pride and confidence intact and most importantly - a WIN.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 04:37 PM   #4
solardave
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 13734

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer View Post
The whole team has been blinking like a Christmas tree for a month.

You got that right. At least now I'm laughing.It wasn't funny at all on Sunday.

They looked like poster children for the Clapper!!!
solardave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 04:51 PM   #5
SteelGhost
Starter

Member Number: 13528

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
I think the guys need to stop worrying about who is going to play and who isn't, get their heads out of their hineys, renew the comradery which played a huge part in their successes the past 2 seasons and come out there on Sunday, give 150% and come out of that game with their pride and confidence intact and most importantly - a WIN.
Maybe the whole team needs a night out bowling

Kidding aside, I agree HTG
SteelGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 04:56 PM   #6
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Member Number: 6891

could some of the issues with not being a band of brothers this season be related to the mess with our special teams...I mean...cut these guys...bring in these guys...release these guys, cut the guys we just brought in, bring back a guy we cut, cut this guy again...bring in these new guys, cut one of them, bring in this guy...

Just seems we are so scattered on our Special Teams in regards to personel that it may, just may, be trickling into the rest of the team.