Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Sports Dimension

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 01-19-2010, 10:29 AM   #121
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398
Default Re: The Pro Wrestling Roundtable

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambertlunaticfan View Post
STLRTRUCK-I know that your at the table but me and "ULTIMATE" have always been at it.If you would just sit down and not keep getting up away from it i would have included you.Now i am just playing with you,just kidding,a joke.I was just giving you a hard time-sorry i missed on the joke.It's tough on a forum to express when you are joking.Noone gets my humor in person either so thats alright.Anyway,i am glad you are at the table with me and "the ultimate".And have either of you guys ever watched the movie "the wreslter"if notyou have to watch that,as it's really good.And not just cause melissa tomia is naked.But it's a great insight to wrestling.
Yeah sometimes it is difficult to catch the joke on the forum too. No worries, I'm not hurt by it

I saw the movie The Wrestler. I thought it was pretty good.

As for TNA, I finally watched last Thursday's show and I've gotta say I'm not impressed with the drama. If they are seriously wanting to compete against WWE, they need to stop the drama and get more wrestling. The WWE went from wrestling to too much drama almost over night. TNA has a chance to rival them quickly if they can end the drama and move in to better matches.

Has anyone heard on Goldberg? What he's been up to lately? I wonder if he's willing to come back?

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 05:58 PM   #122
UltimateBengal
Banned

Member Number: 15469

Quote:
ultimatebengal-I know you saw the tna ppv so i thought i would ask you as truck did not say he watched it.But in my post reviewing the ppv i asked if that hall fan fight was work or real.Do you know????
They're saying now that is was work. I thought is was real at first just because of Hall's rep, but who knows?
UltimateBengal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 05:59 PM   #123
UltimateBengal
Banned

Quote:
ultimatebengal-Did you read my post about what i thought of the ppv.Unlike you i was not that dissapointed.I thought it was better than the other tna ppv's i have seen.But then that could be because it's new.I forgot to mention,did'nt vince say something about that the nwo would never be seen on a wreslting program again.Remember in 2007 when hall no-showed that ppv and then the tape was shown of hogan and hall watching the ppv at thier hotel.I guess people at tna forgot about that.They have the clip on youtube if you never saw it.And speaking of it,if you want to see the most extreme thing (at least the most extreme i have seen in wrestling) go on there and type in -xpw-new jack vs vic grimes.It's amazing.

Yeah, I've seen that a few times, it's crazy!
Old 01-19-2010, 06:02 PM   #124
UltimateBengal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie_steeler View Post
Sorry mate - my intent was lost in the translation. ( Chime in means that I wont be around much but i might try to drop by occasionally.)

You didnt upset me at all. I wasnt seeking permission, I was just showing that I enjoy the round table and that a few more people should come out of the closet and confess their wrestling allegiances.

I have been enjoying the dialouge between you guys. I never really got a chance to see original NWA or AWA. I got my fix by saving my money and buying the Pro Wrestling Illustrated magazines to see the progress that was being made in the other federations. PPV's were a non event out here. We had to wait 6 months for the videos to make it to a video store. Therefore the depth of my knowledge is limited

All we got served in my teens ( 80's) was WWF and it was very generic and predictable. When we finally got WCW wrestling finally improved for me.

I once taught a child with Aspergers Autism and he could recall every WWE match of the Undertaker era. Any show, any card, any wrestler.........he was good fun to teach as every classroom analogy I used had to relate to a wrestler, a match or an angle.
He was 14 years old when his world came crashing down on him. He finally came across the term KAYFABE and upon loads more reading and net surfing he discovered what truly happened in wrestling. He was shattered. But he quickly related his new discovery to his similar views on the Easter Bunny and Santa Claus. What harm would it really do if he continued to believe ..... just a little ( when he needed to)

Keep up the great dialouge guys.............i love reading it.
Couldn't agree more Aussie, I know there are more wrestling fans on here than what we have at the Roundtable! Come on out guys!!!
Old 01-20-2010, 12:42 AM   #125
lambertlunaticfan
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 10642

No problem here my friend.I am just glad you were not feeling left out of the table.As we love having you here.Yeah you would think there would be more wrestling fans.But i had a freind who loved wreslting but just would not admit it to anyone but me and my brother.We went to summerslam and he boguth a rock baseball jersey for like $100 and i told him arent you going to put it on.And he said no he didnt want anyone to think he like wreslting.And he said this as he was at a wrestling show.So he bought a shirt to wear around the house i guess.I always thought the wwf/wwe toured down there.And i know hogans tour the "hulkamania" tours was there before he got into tna.By the way are you trying to say that wrestling and the easter bunny and santa are not real,what are you saying here??????Please tell me!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie_steeler View Post
Sorry mate - my intent was lost in the translation. ( Chime in means that I wont be around much but i might try to drop by occasionally.)

You didnt upset me at all. I wasnt seeking permission, I was just showing that I enjoy the round table and that a few more people should come out of the closet and confess their wrestling allegiances.

I have been enjoying the dialouge between you guys. I never really got a chance to see original NWA or AWA. I got my fix by saving my money and buying the Pro Wrestling Illustrated magazines to see the progress that was being made in the other federations. PPV's were a non event out here. We had to wait 6 months for the videos to make it to a video store. Therefore the depth of my knowledge is limited

All we got served in my teens ( 80's) was WWF and it was very generic and predictable. When we finally got WCW wrestling finally improved for me.

I once taught a child with Aspergers Autism and he could recall every WWE match of the Undertaker era. Any show, any card, any wrestler.........he was good fun to teach as every classroom analogy I used had to relate to a wrestler, a match or an angle.
He was 14 years old when his world came crashing down on him. He finally came across the term KAYFABE and upon loads more reading and net surfing he discovered what truly happened in wrestling. He was shattered. But he quickly related his new discovery to his similar views on the Easter Bunny and Santa Claus. What harm would it really do if he continued to believe ..... just a little ( when he needed to)

Keep up the great dialouge guys.............i love reading it.
lambertlunaticfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 12:50 AM   #126
lambertlunaticfan
Bench Warmer

stlrtruck-I am glad you were not upset i left you out of the table.The problem with doing less drama and more wrestling.Is that only people of our age who remembers when wrestling was wrestling are not thier audience anymore.The wwe have already said they main focus is 5-15 year olds.And they don;t want to see wrestling they want to hear them talk and the drama of it.Like in all sports it's not about the product of the field its the show around it.Its the reason new stadiums need bigger and better things to it.As people dont got there for the game they go for the show.I mean we are getting a new baseball field here.And i can not tell you how many stories and even in the newspapers (there was another one intodays newspaper in fact) are stores about the food thats going to servied there.I know i went way off topic.But my point is i wish we could go back to whats going on in the ring as far as wrestling and less talking but i think those days of that are behind us.I mean watch a raw and just tape in a 2 hour show how much actual wrestling there is.It will surprise you.As its all drama now.But i am like you as i hate when they overboard with it.And as far as goldberg,he just signed on to do donald trump's show.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlrtruck View Post
Yeah sometimes it is difficult to catch the joke on the forum too. No worries, I'm not hurt by it

As for TNA, I finally watched last Thursday's show and I've gotta say I'm not impressed with the drama. If they are seriously wanting to compete against WWE, they need to stop the drama and get more wrestling. The WWE went from wrestling to too much drama almost over night. TNA has a chance to rival them quickly if they can end the drama and move in to better matches.

Has anyone heard on Goldberg? What he's been up to lately? I wonder if he's willing to come back?
Old 01-20-2010, 12:57 AM   #127
lambertlunaticfan
Bench Warmer

Man i thought it was real and not work.I am usually pretty good at telling the differnece.Not to go off topic but have to tell you this story.Like i said i am usaully good at telling work from real but i remember that very sad day with owen hart and i thought it was work.I had taped it as i had to go to a movie with my girlfriend.And i get home and walk up the steps and my one brother who i watch wrestling with has this look on his face.And it was a very sad look.And i am like what is going on with you.And he just said owen died.And i just got chills just writing this as i remember it like it was yesterday.And i just kept saying no he did'nt.And i still was not conviced until the next day on raw and i said they is no way they are working it that hard like that.I mean when i saw debra and jarret-wow.And she lost it on the ppv as they came on right after it.And jarrett had to try to keep her in charector.Did you ever see that ppv.It is the worse i am just surprised no video or photos were leaked from it.I am just glad it did'nt happen live on tv.I had a freind who was at it.And he said it was the grossing thing ever.But anyway back to topic.Yeah i really thought hall was beating up a fan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateBengal View Post
They're saying now that is was work. I thought is was real at first just because of Hall's rep, but who knows?
Old 01-20-2010, 01:00 AM   #128
lambertlunaticfan
Bench Warmer

Isnt that the sickest thing you have seen in wrestling.I could not believe it when i saw it.I had to watch it over and over and over again.Can you inmagine if you were wrestling vs new jack and you were that guy.And you;re in the production meeting-WAIT-YOU WANT TO ME TO DO WHAT???.
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateBengal View Post
[/B]
Yeah, I've seen that a few times, it's crazy!
Old 01-20-2010, 01:43 AM   #129
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 6,470 Times in 2,384 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlrtruck View Post

The last I seen of Goldberg, he was doing a hotrod series on TLC and another car show on the History Channel (I think it was). As long as he's not hurting for money I doubt he'll go back to wrestling.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 05:10 PM   #130
UltimateBengal
Banned

Quote:
Man i thought it was real and not work.I am usually pretty good at telling the differnece.Not to go off topic but have to tell you this story.Like i said i am usaully good at telling work from real but i remember that very sad day with owen hart and i thought it was work.I had taped it as i had to go to a movie with my girlfriend.And i get home and walk up the steps and my one brother who i watch wrestling with has this look on his face.And it was a very sad look.And i am like what is going on with you.And he just said owen died.And i just got chills just writing this as i remember it like it was yesterday.And i just kept saying no he did'nt.And i still was not conviced until the next day on raw and i said they is no way they are working it that hard like that.I mean when i saw debra and jarret-wow.And she lost it on the ppv as they came on right after it.And jarrett had to try to keep her in charector.Did you ever see that ppv.It is the worse i am just surprised no video or photos were leaked from it.I am just glad it did'nt happen live on tv.I had a freind who was at it.And he said it was the grossing thing ever.But anyway back to topic.Yeah i really thought hall was beating up a fan.
Like I said, who knows with Hall. It may have been real and there just covering his ass. There was a real backstage fight though, between Awesome Kong and Bubba the Love Sponge, over his comments about Haiti. Kong was sent home. Damn, she could of probably whipped Bubba's ass all over the ImpactZone!!!