Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Sports Dimension

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 01-21-2010, 11:53 PM   #141
lambertlunaticfan
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 10642
Default Re: The Pro Wrestling Roundtable

Evolution to me ranks right up there with the mafia.Gimmicks that were really great.But ended way to soon.There is a thin line between holding onto a gimmick way too long(dx) and not giving it the time it need to go over like those.And the evolution thing really did not last very long.And i loved it.The funny thing is that all happen by accident.As ric flair was suppose to be stone colds manager and stone cold left wwe cause of it.As he didnt want ric flair to do that.So instead they told stone cold do it or leave.So he left.And then they teamed flair up with triple h and than the reast is history-or evolution.I am not sure that the "lol" is ment by in your post.I mean if you are being serious,yes they are all hall of famers.Or is the whole post just a joke to you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by supa_fly_steeler View Post
Anyone remember Evolution featuring Randy Orton, Triple H, Ric Flair and Batista. When u look at that stable back when it started in 2003, there were really only 2 big names and 2 uprising names, now there all probably hall of famers lol.
lambertlunaticfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 12:06 AM   #142
lambertlunaticfan
Bench Warmer

Well that's a first for me watching tna.I actually walked out on it and decided to take the dog for a walk at the end of the show.You got to kidding me at the end of the styles/angle match.Did they seriously just mock the hart/micheals montreal incident with vince.Seriously? That just set back what i think of this new tna way back now.I might just go back to wwe or not watching wrestling at all.The whole show was doing alright up to there.I mean the firing or not hiring of hall and waltman.And by the way what was waltman smoking,? Other than the fact he talked like he was on something and hall made refrence to it during thier interview segmant.Waltman has always been horribal on the mike but that was just brutal.But anyways,when they were getting kicked out from the ring he had something smoking in his hand.And hear i was told he got his stuff together and wanted to be a ctive part of the show and company.And i loved mr......................anderson.But he did not get to say it.And that whole love sponge/jarrett thing is so such work its funny.But anyway,the show was going good.Started off a little rough as nature boy is just tough to listen to now.As i have said he is just too old.I mean my grandpa is his age and we dont let him use the remote for the tv.They should'nt give him a chance to talk.And space mountain-please that ride has been closed for years.Those girls with him could'nt have seemed more disinterestred.Like who is this old guy.But anyway,the show was alright and then the end and it might be the end for me.As i just don;t know what they were thinking of writing that into the storyline.I can not think russo did that.I mean was id a dig to the wwe.As it was not even funny,it was obvious.I mean come up with your own storyline,not redo old ones.Just plain stubid.Well thats my tna repost for the show
Old 01-22-2010, 12:11 AM   #143
lambertlunaticfan
Bench Warmer

I know its funny that i am responding to my own post.But i forgot to mention that the last nwo in the wcw also had jeff jarrett.As he took over for brett hart.Who was only in it for a very short while.He went into it just before his ppv at starcade vs goldberg and i thuink left shortly after that.And then jarret came in.And by the way thats when the jerrett was at his best.With one of the best theme songs and enterence ever.I mean the start of cowboy by kid rock and the whole guitar thing and slappy.I loved him then.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lambertlunaticfan View Post
ULTIMATE-You got to say-SPOLIER ALERT-before you give a result from the taping man-just kidding.I don't really get into the "x" division.And yeah it's been awhile since joe has been oin a major storyline.He kind of has taken a backseat.And where is big poppa in all of this.That mafia thing i miss as i thought it was pretty neat.I wonder when hall and waltman go bye-bye if they will ring the mafia back.Heck they could back the last nwo if they brought bret hart in there-as i believe the last nwo (in wcw that is) was bret hart,kevin nash,scott hall and big poppa pump.I remember a nitro that i loved with them.I was trying to hunt down a tape of it when i was building my wrestling tape libary.It was at i believe the astrodome and they had a monster truck there.Man i loved the wcw at the end with the greatest tag team-KRONIC.And then they was a group with sean o'haire-the natural born thrillers.I loved those guys.Man that o'haire was a monster.Yeah i am leaving that bubba thing alone.And i hate kong as she can not wrestle.
Old 01-22-2010, 02:48 AM   #144
Aussie_steeler
Head Coach

Member Number: 5037

Quote:
Anyone remember Evolution featuring Randy Orton, Triple H, Ric Flair and Batista. When u look at that stable back when it started in 2003, there were really only 2 big names and 2 uprising names, now there all probably hall of famers lol.
Once Helmsley wriggled his way into the McVain family you could guarantee that anyone who is prepared to kiss his butt was going to be a guaranteed HOFer. Flair earnt that legacy well before HHH was in nappies. Baby Rhodes and Baby Dibiase are getting the same push courtesy of Orton.

The current Irishman with an allergy to the sun apparently rode the anal fumes of HHH so close that he is now a legitimate maineventer and dare I say it "world champion". Has to be one of the worst pushes ever.

I miss "Ravens Flock". Now that was an interesting stable
Old 01-22-2010, 02:54 AM   #145
Aussie_steeler
Head Coach

Member Number: 5037

Quote:
I know its funny that i am responding to my own post.But i forgot to mention that the last nwo in the wcw also had jeff jarrett.As he took over for brett hart.Who was only in it for a very short while.He went into it just before his ppv at starcade vs goldberg and i thuink left shortly after that.And then jarret came in.And by the way thats when the jerrett was at his best.With one of the best theme songs and enterence ever.I mean the start of cowboy by kid rock and the whole guitar thing and slappy.I loved him then.
I loved Voodoo Chile as the entrance music for Hollywood Hulk Hogan. Man that was one hell of a guitar riff.

Slapnuts was a really good heal angle for a while. In the end I felt like he just became a modern day version of the Honkytonk man.
Old 01-22-2010, 05:51 AM   #146
supa_fly_steeler
Banned

Member Number: 15332

aye i meant LOL because it was funny to see them back in the day almost 7 years ago as young'ns in what was probably WWE'S last great year (2003) Man after that the WWE got gay with storylines.

They brang ECW Back in 2006 but ruined it.
supa_fly_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 06:46 AM   #147
touchdownward
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 3188

Quote:
Not sure why they would cover it up now for a story line.As he has been that "deadman" gimmick for his whole career.And they used to show it.I don't watch wwe so i don;t know.Is he still doing that eyes rolled back and tongue sticking out thing.Aint nothing like sticking to a gimmick and beating a gimmick into the ground.Might as well call him the "dead horse man"..And aint anything more sexy than a 50 year old guy sticking out his tongue.I hate when gene simmons of kiss still does that darn tongue thing.
He was the American badass character for a while before switching back to the deadman. His wife was actually in a storyline at that time.

Blah!
touchdownward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 05:17 PM   #148
UltimateBengal
Banned

Member Number: 15469

Quote:
Well that's a first for me watching tna.I actually walked out on it and decided to take the dog for a walk at the end of the show.You got to kidding me at the end of the styles/angle match.Did they seriously just mock the hart/micheals montreal incident with vince.Seriously? That just set back what i think of this new tna way back now.I might just go back to wwe or not watching wrestling at all.The whole show was doing alright up to there.I mean the firing or not hiring of hall and waltman.And by the way what was waltman smoking,? Other than the fact he talked like he was on something and hall made refrence to it during thier interview segmant.Waltman has always been horribal on the mike but that was just brutal.But anyways,when they were getting kicked out from the ring he had something smoking in his hand.And hear i was told he got his stuff together and wanted to be a ctive part of the show and company.And i loved mr......................anderson.But he did not get to say it.And that whole love sponge/jarrett thing is so such work its funny.But anyway,the show was going good.Started off a little rough as nature boy is just tough to listen to now.As i have said he is just too old.I mean my grandpa is his age and we dont let him use the remote for the tv.They should'nt give him a chance to talk.And space mountain-please that ride has been closed for years.Those girls with him could'nt have seemed more disinterestred.Like who is this old guy.But anyway,the show was alright and then the end and it might be the end for me.As i just don;t know what they were thinking of writing that into the storyline.I can not think russo did that.I mean was id a dig to the wwe.As it was not even funny,it was obvious.I mean come up with your own storyline,not redo old ones.Just plain stubid.Well thats my tna repost for the show
I agree the last part of the program blowed. I thought overall, the show was decent. TNA still has a lot of work to do. They have to figure out what direction they want to go and stick with it. Right now with Hogan, Bischoff, Jarrett and Russo all involved, it just seems to be all over the place. And could Bubba get out already!!! He's entertaining on the radio, but he sucks as a wrestling personality. He's always sweating and always seems nervous. Hell' I'd rather see Don West back!
UltimateBengal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 01:50 AM   #149
lambertlunaticfan
Bench Warmer

Yes aussiesteeler i agree with you.As entrance music goes hogans nwo is one of the best.To me the best measure to making a great entrance song is once you here the first note you are hooked to the excitement.And once hogan like jerrett music hit you just got excited.And again i agree with that the slap nuts gimmick went on too long but so does alot of gimmicks-hello dx!!!!!.But please dont compare jarret to honky tonk man.That guy was a joke and at least jarret could carry a match and could talk on the mike and was a better entertainer.Other than they both carried guitars they had nothing else in common.By the way i say that friendly and not upset and angry.As i know its tough to measure that in a post-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie_steeler View Post
I loved Voodoo Chile as the entrance music for Hollywood Hulk Hogan. Man that was one hell of a guitar riff.

Slapnuts was a really good heal angle for a while. In the end I felt like he just became a modern day version of the Honkytonk man.
Old 01-23-2010, 02:00 AM   #150
lambertlunaticfan
Bench Warmer

Thanks for clearing that up as i did'nt know what to make of you writing that.I thought the wwe had better years after that.They did'nt lose me until recently as giving pushes to john cena and ray little and jeff "try again" hardy.And i think thier storylines got very ho-hum and brought nothing new as orginal to the table.They got lazy as they knew all they had to do is just be there and not have to actually do anything.As people they are playing to are just cheering them and not what they saying or doing.I mean when was the last actual storyline the wwe did.And dont get me started what they did to the ecw.I loved ecw and you are right they ruined it.
Quote:
aye i meant LOL because it was funny to see them back in the day almost 7 years ago as young'ns in what was probably WWE'S last great year (2003) Man after that the WWE got gay with storylines.

They brang ECW Back in 2006 but ruined it.