Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Sports Dimension


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-03-2010, 04:20 PM   #181
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend
 
Dino 6 Rings's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Arkansas (formerly New Jersey)
Posts: 8,248
Gender: Male
Member Number: 6891
Thanks: 17
Thanked 57 Times in 32 Posts
Default Re: The Pro Wrestling Roundtable

2 cents, I watched some of the WWE Last night, they are conducting and epic failure with Brett Heart, how much did he get paid I wonder to let them just make a mockery of him twice now. Total Fail. I imagine the poor guy can't wrestle anymore, but Vince is a total toolshed. One day, One of these guys needs to really lay him out.
__________________
SuperBowl Wins - How many does YOUR team have?
Steelers 6, 49ers 5, Cowboys 5, Packers 4, Giants 4, Redskins 3, Raiders 3, Pats 3, Broncos 2, Dolphins 2, Colts 2, Ravens 2 Bears 1,Jets 1, Bucs 1, Rams 1, Chiefs 1, Saints1
Dino 6 Rings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 04:47 PM   #182
UltimateBengal
Banned
 

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Ohio
Posts: 645
Gender: Male
Member Number: 15469
Thanks: 11
Thanked 45 Times in 25 Posts
Default Re: The Pro Wrestling Roundtable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino 6 Rings View Post
2 cents, I watched some of the WWE Last night, they are conducting and epic failure with Brett Heart, how much did he get paid I wonder to let them just make a mockery of him twice now. Total Fail. I imagine the poor guy can't wrestle anymore, but Vince is a total toolshed. One day, One of these guys needs to really lay him out.
I agree with ya Dino. The Bret Hart storyline is just weird! I was very disappointed to see Bret step back into a WWE ring after he swore he never would again. The bottom line is that Bret has had some financial problems over the last few years and really needs the money. But, it feels like he's made a deal with the devil, and the devil is Vince!
UltimateBengal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 02:22 AM   #183
lambertlunaticfan
Bench Warmer
 
lambertlunaticfan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 397
Member Number: 10642
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: The Pro Wrestling Roundtable

I just got done watching this weeks train wreck that is and has been the new tna.As it does not seem to be going anywhere.I know "ultimate" give it time and i am trying but come on already flip the script and lets get going already.I do see as the show starts they are really trying to give a big push to mr.................anderson and i like it anderson.But he needs to be going agiast someone else that can play off of him.And that little runt is not it.But i know tonight match was just to try to get him over.And i thought it was funny in the tomko and angle match that tomko had to really help in selling the backflips that angle was trying to give him.I mean really obviously over selling it to the point of any real wreslting fan would see that.It was really funny as me and my brother just laughed at it.Angle obviously does not have the power in his legs as he used to be able to do that move with no problem.But tomko is a big boy so i understand that but maybe dont script that move in the match then.As it made angle look really bad having to be helped like that.And i wish they would go live as we would have been able to see that wardobe malfunction with "tara" in her match vs angelina love.As half way threw the match they blurred out the top half of her.And the main event was funny as i kind of knew that was going to happen when they give title to the shows before it.And i have no idea why they do that as its really stubid to name the shows.But kind of surprising to seeing the band turn on one of thier own.All in all a good but far from great show.
lambertlunaticfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 02:25 AM   #184
lambertlunaticfan
Bench Warmer
 
lambertlunaticfan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 397
Member Number: 10642
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: The Pro Wrestling Roundtable

Dino-If you think the storyline is sad.Wait until you see it conclude when vince and brett wrestle this year at wrestlemania.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino 6 Rings View Post
2 cents, I watched some of the WWE Last night, they are conducting and epic failure with Brett Heart, how much did he get paid I wonder to let them just make a mockery of him twice now. Total Fail. I imagine the poor guy can't wrestle anymore, but Vince is a total toolshed. One day, One of these guys needs to really lay him out.
lambertlunaticfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 08:13 AM   #185
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter
 
stlrtruck's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 8,783
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2398
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: The Pro Wrestling Roundtable

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambertlunaticfan View Post
Dino-If you think the storyline is sad.Wait until you see it conclude when vince and brett wrestle this year at wrestlemania.
Brett must have needed some money bad or there is some behind the scenes that his other family members will get a push into the top tier of tag teams.

There has to be something for him to be getting embarrassed this bad. At least this past week he got a few in on McMahon before he got hog tied.
__________________

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 03:01 PM   #186
UltimateBengal
Banned
 

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Ohio
Posts: 645
Gender: Male
Member Number: 15469
Thanks: 11
Thanked 45 Times in 25 Posts
Default Re: The Pro Wrestling Roundtable

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambertlunaticfan View Post
I just got done watching this weeks train wreck that is and has been the new tna.As it does not seem to be going anywhere.I know "ultimate" give it time and i am trying but come on already flip the script and lets get going already.I do see as the show starts they are really trying to give a big push to mr.................anderson and i like it anderson.But he needs to be going agiast someone else that can play off of him.And that little runt is not it.But i know tonight match was just to try to get him over.And i thought it was funny in the tomko and angle match that tomko had to really help in selling the backflips that angle was trying to give him.I mean really obviously over selling it to the point of any real wreslting fan would see that.It was really funny as me and my brother just laughed at it.Angle obviously does not have the power in his legs as he used to be able to do that move with no problem.But tomko is a big boy so i understand that but maybe dont script that move in the match then.As it made angle look really bad having to be helped like that.And i wish they would go live as we would have been able to see that wardobe malfunction with "tara" in her match vs angelina love.As half way threw the match they blurred out the top half of her.And the main event was funny as i kind of knew that was going to happen when they give title to the shows before it.And i have no idea why they do that as its really stubid to name the shows.But kind of surprising to seeing the band turn on one of thier own.All in all a good but far from great show.
I agree with ya Lambert, this weeks show was OK, but not great by any means. There is stuff that still could be better. I've gotta say that I'm really starting to like Mr Anderson as a heel. At this point, he may be the best heel in TNA! I also enjoyed the Joe and Pope against Styles and Flair ending to that match. That has a chance to develop nicely. Flair seemed to be on his game last night. And Joe's finally getting some air time. I also think the Foley-Bischoff thing can play well in the future if developed properly. The NWO thing surprised me as well, I didn't see that coming. It will be interesting to hear how they sell that next week. Maybe they have finally found a storyline for Hall and Waltman that can work? You could see some improvement this week, but I was kinda disappointed by the Angle match. Angle isn't as strong as he once was, and I agree with you Lambert, they should've scripted that match differently. But, Angle is really getting over right now, and it's good to see, because the guy has been through alot. I hope the rumors about going live starting in March are true, because these tapings seem a little stale and uninspiring. Going live will force everyone to step their game up and add some much needed excitement! On another note, and Lambert I know you not a fan of this, RVD seems to be getting much closer to joining TNA. In recent interviews, he said that he's following TNA and likes what they are doing, and that he is now interested. No matter what the fans opinion is of him, the guy stlii has a huge following and can still be a big draw!
UltimateBengal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 01:10 AM   #187
lambertlunaticfan
Bench Warmer
 
lambertlunaticfan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 397
Member Number: 10642
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: The Pro Wrestling Roundtable

Ultimate-I agree with you totally about everything but obviously the rvd thing.But god bless you as you keep trying to sell him to me.I am just afraid its a waste of effort to do that to me.As i will proberly never change my mind about him.And speaking of people who keep getting chances but cant put down the pilss or pipe to take advantage of them.Please explain to me why they keep having jeff hardy on thier lead in promo to tna from his one apprerance from thier first hogan bischoff show.I mean the guy is going to jail and will not be wrestling anytime soon.And like you i love mr.........anderson as a heel....anderson.He is really good at it.He just needs someone good to play off of it with.And that had to be tough for joe to be on the shelf for this long and not be written onto the show.I had forgot all about him.Was that his first apperance on the new tna.I thought he was on the first show but am not sure.About going live i guess it was choas bacstage when they did that live show and thats why they are a little afraid to do that live thing.But the more they do it the better they will get.And did it seem to you that we witnessed a "SHOOT" when foley and bischoff were doing thier talking segment in the ring.Me and my brother looked at each other and both said i think foley is doing a shoot with him.Sure seemed real to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateBengal View Post
I agree with ya Lambert, this weeks show was OK, but not great by any means. There is stuff that still could be better. I've gotta say that I'm really starting to like Mr Anderson as a heel. At this point, he may be the best heel in TNA! I also enjoyed the Joe and Pope against Styles and Flair ending to that match. That has a chance to develop nicely. Flair seemed to be on his game last night. And Joe's finally getting some air time. I also think the Foley-Bischoff thing can play well in the future if developed properly. The NWO thing surprised me as well, I didn't see that coming. It will be interesting to hear how they sell that next week. Maybe they have finally found a storyline for Hall and Waltman that can work? You could see some improvement this week, but I was kinda disappointed by the Angle match. Angle isn't as strong as he once was, and I agree with you Lambert, they should've scripted that match differently. But, Angle is really getting over right now, and it's good to see, because the guy has been through alot. I hope the rumors about going live starting in March are true, because these tapings seem a little stale and uninspiring. Going live will force everyone to step their game up and add some much needed excitement! On another note, and Lambert I know you not a fan of this, RVD seems to be getting much closer to joining TNA. In recent interviews, he said that he's following TNA and likes what they are doing, and that he is now interested. No matter what the fans opinion is of him, the guy stlii has a huge following and can still be a big draw!
lambertlunaticfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 11:20 PM   #188
UltimateBengal
Banned
 

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Ohio
Posts: 645
Gender: Male
Member Number: 15469
Thanks: 11
Thanked 45 Times in 25 Posts
Default Re: The Pro Wrestling Roundtable

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlrtruck View Post
Brett must have needed some money bad or there is some behind the scenes that his other family members will get a push into the top tier of tag teams.

There has to be something for him to be getting embarrassed this bad. At least this past week he got a few in on McMahon before he got hog tied.
From every thing I've read, Brett really needs the dough. But damn, it's like selling your soul to the devil. He has to think about his brother's death and the screwjob with HBK every time he looks at McMahon's goofy face! I don't know how he can do it and not want to ring Vince's neck!
UltimateBengal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 11:37 PM   #189
UltimateBengal
Banned
 

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Ohio
Posts: 645
Gender: Male
Member Number: 15469
Thanks: 11
Thanked 45 Times in 25 Posts
Default Re: The Pro Wrestling Roundtable

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambertlunaticfan View Post
Ultimate-I agree with you totally about everything but obviously the rvd thing.But god bless you as you keep trying to sell him to me.I am just afraid its a waste of effort to do that to me.As i will proberly never change my mind about him.And speaking of people who keep getting chances but cant put down the pilss or pipe to take advantage of them.Please explain to me why they keep having jeff hardy on thier lead in promo to tna from his one apprerance from thier first hogan bischoff show.I mean the guy is going to jail and will not be wrestling anytime soon.And like you i love mr.........anderson as a heel....anderson.He is really good at it.He just needs someone good to play off of it with.And that had to be tough for joe to be on the shelf for this long and not be written onto the show.I had forgot all about him.Was that his first apperance on the new tna.I thought he was on the first show but am not sure.About going live i guess it was choas bacstage when they did that live show and thats why they are a little afraid to do that live thing.But the more they do it the better they will get.And did it seem to you that we witnessed a "SHOOT" when foley and bischoff were doing thier talking segment in the ring.Me and my brother looked at each other and both said i think foley is doing a shoot with him.Sure seemed real to me.
I'm not trying to change your mind about RVD. I know how you feel about him, as do a lot of people. It's just me sharing my thoughts about it. The deal with Jeff Hardy being on the promo, is because supposedly Dixie signed him knowing full well that he was going to jail and wouldn't be available for some time. The deal that was agreed to wasn't a contract, but more of a promise that he will join TNA once his legal issues are behind. But of course, in wrestling, that could all change very quickly!
You raised a good point about the Foley-Bischoff thing. Foley actually came up with the idea for this feud, and is helping Matt Conway with the writing of it, which you can clearly tell when you listen to him talk. While it is a storyline, Foley is definitely writing from the sleeve, because he has made it very clear in the past that he does not like Bischoff. What's going to be interesting is to see how far Bischoff will let him go with it? Remember when Bischoff went to WWE and was in the same situation with Vince. Even though it was a storyline, his real life dislike of Vince was obvious in their segments together. I love when theirs real tension in the air!
UltimateBengal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 03:30 AM   #190
lambertlunaticfan
Bench Warmer
 
lambertlunaticfan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 397
Member Number: 10642
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: The Pro Wrestling Roundtable

I was just making a joke about your attempts at changing my mind about rvd, guess again i missed with my humor.I know he proberly would be good for rating as i get keeping told that.I don;t see it but each thier own.And i know that about hardy but why have him in the promo then.Just kind of a waste to me.But then so is he,wasted that is.What a great way to get out your true feelisn about someone to be able to call it a storyline.I can hear foley telling erci,yeah let me call you this it will play good with the crowd i promise.Yeah i remember when bischoff went against vice when he got to the wwe.Do you see vince russo writing himself into a story line like he did at the end of wcw.
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateBengal View Post
I'm not trying to change your mind about RVD. I know how you feel about him, as do a lot of people. It's just me sharing my thoughts about it. The deal with Jeff Hardy being on the promo, is because supposedly Dixie signed him knowing full well that he was going to jail and wouldn't be available for some time. The deal that was agreed to wasn't a contract, but more of a promise that he will join TNA once his legal issues are behind. But of course, in wrestling, that could all change very quickly!
You raised a good point about the Foley-Bischoff thing. Foley actually came up with the idea for this feud, and is helping Matt Conway with the writing of it, which you can clearly tell when you listen to him talk. While it is a storyline, Foley is definitely writing from the sleeve, because he has made it very clear in the past that he does not like Bischoff. What's going to be interesting is to see how far Bischoff will let him go with it? Remember when Bischoff went to WWE and was in the same situation with Vince. Even though it was a storyline, his real life dislike of Vince was obvious in their segments together. I love when theirs real tension in the air!
lambertlunaticfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:37 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts