Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Sports Dimension

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS

Old 12-04-2009, 08:51 PM   #11
UltimateBengal
Banned

Member Number: 15469
Default Re: The Pro Wrestling Roundtable

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeiselPower99 View Post
Hogan and Bischoff wanted to buy WCW before it was sold to WWF back in 2001 but couldnt get the funding. Im really concerned its gonna hurt TNA in the long run as just before Hogan signed they started pushing the younger guys like AJ Styles Matt Morgan and Hernandez. Now Hogan is there and is rumored to have Ric Flair involved. Bischoff is there simply as the marketing guy and to get them another show per week.
I hope Hogan doesn't go after all the old timers. I would rather see guys like RVD and Sabu, even though I know they had their problems. They would be a better fit for TNA. I really think TNA has potential, and Hogan knows the business better than anyone, if he kkeps his eye on the future and not the past!
UltimateBengal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 01:41 AM   #12
psusteelers4life
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 14838

I remember The old ECW with the Sandman and Sabu . I was a big fan of the ROCK and Undertaker...I remember cocoa beware and the junkyard dog, Ricky the Dragon steamboat George the animal steel was awesome eating the stuffing out of the turnbuckle and the green tongue he had.
psusteelers4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 02:23 AM   #13
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 4,755 Times in 1,787 Posts

Road Warriors and Kane.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 02:42 AM   #14
lambertlunaticfan
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 10642

For all you wrestling fans on this thread.Its a sad day as another wrestler has not seen thier 40th birthday.As "umaga" has passed away.Its bazare how many wrestlers have passed away by the time of that age.The sport is for entertainment but it has taken alot of people from us way too soon.My prayers and thoughts go to his family.There was this web site that i went on that had the list of all the wrestlers that have passed away and it's strange to read the same ages-30,34,31,33,37 etc.I read that he got cut in june because of refusing treatment for failing Under thier so-called "wellness program" that they just started to deal with the drug problem in the sport.Umaga was wrestling indy shows and was currently on the "hulkamania" tour that was over in australia just last week.Umaga was like alot of them on that list were dealing with thier demons.As it takes a toll on thier bodys and have to take pills to get themselves to deal with the sport.I know it's a choice that they make but if the nfl had a list like this something would be done way before this.Can you imagine if the nfl had a list of like 100 players who have all dies before thier 40th.Because thats what wrestling has.I remember when hbo did a story about the drugs and it's when vince went off on bob costos.It gave a great insight to the sport.One wreslter said he was taking like 30 pain pils a day or something like that.But what got to me was they showed this wrestler, chris spiccoli-(spelled wrong i believe ),and they had this tape of him walking the halls of his hotel just fried out on pills and he could'nt find his room in his underwear.He was just going to every door and hitting off the walls and just staggering down the hall.He is one of them that did'nt see his 40th.And what was really sad is that he had finally made it to the show.As he wreslted in the wcw and finally made it to a ppv and a major storyline after years of working bit parts and indy shows.He was suppose to wreslte larry zibesco.Chris got to be a nwo member and a sidekick of scott hall and the night before the ppv they found him dead in his hotel room.And call me a baby but it brought tears to my eyes to see that story and watching the ppv when they said the news on it.Just sad to me,umaga you will be missed.
lambertlunaticfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 02:58 AM   #15
Aussie_steeler
Head Coach

Member Number: 5037

My all time list

1. Hollywood Hulk Hogan ( nothing like his entrance to Hendrix Voodoo Chile in the black & white of NWO- best ever gimmick in wrestling IMO)
2. Bret "The Hitman" Hart - The excellence of execution
3. Kurt Angle - Face or Heel he could / can do it all. The near equal of Bret Hart for technical excellence. The only current wrestler I rate.
4. Randy " Macho Man" Savage - the second best entertainer behind Hollywood
5. Big Poppa Pump Scott Steiner - the living suplex machine and one helluva persona

Other guys I enjoyed watch go around.
* The outsiders ( Hall and Nash - I loved it when Scott Hall was a train wreck and you never knew what you were going to get and Kevin Nash would walk down the isle and continually wipe the white stuff from his nose)
* Ultimo Dragon ( the precursor to Rey Mysterio)
*The Flock - Raven, Perry Saturn ( another real favourite who suffered tragically), Kris Kanyon
* Yes, I will say it "Goldberg"
* Old school WWF before WCW - Ricky the Dragon Steamboat, Curt Henning, Jake Roberts and of course the jobbers like Barry O, Steve Lombardi and Iron Mike Sharp.

Like many of you in this thread I have had a misspent youth. I dont watch WWE now ( Orton, Cena, Jericho and other mouths dont do anything for me) but do catch a little TNA.

I live for the old school WCW days - NWO 4 Life.

Last edited by Aussie_steeler; 12-05-2009 at 03:00 AM. Reason: addition
Aussie_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 01:20 PM   #16
UltimateBengal
Banned

Member Number: 15469

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie_steeler View Post
My all time list

1. Hollywood Hulk Hogan ( nothing like his entrance to Hendrix Voodoo Chile in the black & white of NWO- best ever gimmick in wrestling IMO)
2. Bret "The Hitman" Hart - The excellence of execution
3. Kurt Angle - Face or Heel he could / can do it all. The near equal of Bret Hart for technical excellence. The only current wrestler I rate.
4. Randy " Macho Man" Savage - the second best entertainer behind Hollywood
5. Big Poppa Pump Scott Steiner - the living suplex machine and one helluva persona

Other guys I enjoyed watch go around.
* The outsiders ( Hall and Nash - I loved it when Scott Hall was a train wreck and you never knew what you were going to get and Kevin Nash would walk down the isle and continually wipe the white stuff from his nose)
* Ultimo Dragon ( the precursor to Rey Mysterio)
*The Flock - Raven, Perry Saturn ( another real favourite who suffered tragically), Kris Kanyon
* Yes, I will say it "Goldberg"
* Old school WWF before WCW - Ricky the Dragon Steamboat, Curt Henning, Jake Roberts and of course the jobbers like Barry O, Steve Lombardi and Iron Mike Sharp.

Like many of you in this thread I have had a misspent youth. I dont watch WWE now ( Orton, Cena, Jericho and other mouths dont do anything for me) but do catch a little TNA.

I live for the old school WCW days - NWO 4 Life.

I hear that, NWO vs WCW was epic! WWE has become a joke! That's why I'm really trying to get on the TNA bandwagon. Hopefully Hogan can work some of his magic. By the way, TNA goes to Monday nights, head to head with Raw, starting Jan 4th. Do they have a chance of competing with McMahon?
UltimateBengal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 01:48 PM   #17
KeiselPower99
Living Legend

Member Number: 8552

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateBengal View Post
[/B]

I hear that, NWO vs WCW was epic! WWE has become a joke! That's why I'm really trying to get on the TNA bandwagon. Hopefully Hogan can work some of his magic. By the way, TNA goes to Monday nights, head to head with Raw, starting Jan 4th. Do they have a chance of competing with McMahon?
Cant wait to see TNA up against WWE. I watched Raw last night for the first time since Roethlisberger was on there and it lacks the excitement of just a few years ago.
Old 12-08-2009, 01:48 PM   #18
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateBengal View Post
[/B]

If they can get their egos under control (unlike when they were WCW) and bring in some better competition, younger competition, and stop retreading the same old "champions" then yes they can compete with McMahon.

WWE has gone stale and they're trying to revamp with the special guest hosts, etc. But they aren't getting new talent that can replace the talent lost - like The Rock, Stone Cold, etc. The orginal DX on WWE was awesome and if TNA can put together a group like that as well as some new stuff they'll quickly become a competitor again for the ratings.

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 03:12 PM   #19
supa_fly_steeler
Banned

Member Number: 15332

WWE was only good when Stacy Keibler bent over the ropes :D

There storylines since 2003 has gone putrid
supa_fly_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 03:28 PM   #20
KeiselPower99
Living Legend

Member Number: 8552

Quote:
Originally Posted by supa_fly_steeler View Post
WWE was only good when Stacy Keibler bent over the ropes :D

There storylines since 2003 has gone putrid
Best thing ever to come out of Baltimore.