Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Sports Dimension

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Bucs

Old 02-28-2010, 10:50 PM   #251
UltimateBengal
Banned

Member Number: 15469
Default Re: The Pro Wrestling Roundtable

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambertlunaticfan View Post
I just got doen watching this weeks tna show.And yet another dissapointment to me.I think i am just expecting too much from them.I just would olike to see a differant kid of wrestling show.And it really isnt.Its just the same show i have seen before being redone now.I guess i would love to see and expecting to see freah ideas and new storylines that have not been done before.And get beyond the obvious storylines and more important the silly storylines like the one with mick right now.I get it eric is playiing with him.And its not bad enough you are doing one storyline like that but two of them as its the same with jarrett,is just wayyyyy to much for me.And is it "abyess" or "the abyess",as i always thought it was just "abyess".Anyway you say that charector is just annoying to me.But then like i have said i have never liked him.And for all the people that hogan could have personal put over why the heck would you choose him.And i can not say how upset i am that its the 2nd week in the show without "the beautiful people".They have way too many people on the roster and not enough show for them.I mean daffeny gets on but not velvet-come on.And again mrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr anderson.........wait for it.........saves the show for me,even though of course did not like the outcome.............anderson.
I have to agree that the show was somewhat of a disappointment. Here's the problem in a nutshell....As you said, too many people to work into one two-hour program. And the creative situation is going to have to get mainstreamed very soon or this is going to continue. As I've stated before, you have Hogan and Bischoff overseeing creative and wanting certain storylines, Russo, Morgan and Ferrara doing the writing and wanting to use their ideas, then guys like Angle, Abyss, Flair and Nash all throwing their ideas into the hat! Way too many chefs in the kitchen!!! In my opinion, Bischoff and Russo should be the only guys developing storylines. Everyone else can just assist them in making it work!!! They also need a second show. With Impact moving to Mondays, they could keep the Thursday time slot for a second show. I think IMPACT should be for the main event talent such as Anderson, Angle, Joe, Beer Money, Etc. Then the second show could be for the X division and developing talent. That way you can focus on ratings with IMPACT and still maintain a following with the Thursday show. Just an idea!!And about the mic skills, they need to have Anderson, Flair and Hogan work overtime with alot of these guys! I don't care if you love or hate Flair, the guys been a master of the mic for over 30 years! And Anderson is without a doubt the best there is right now, IMO.
UltimateBengal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 11:09 PM   #252
lambertlunaticfan
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 10642

ultimate-I know this is getting old but i have to agree with all that you said.You have said almost the same things i have said and have thought about this.As i also think that russo should be the main (and to me the only) writer.As the guy is a genius.Hate him all you want haters but the guy has written some of the classics when it comes to storylines.And has come up with some of the classic ideas in wrestling.And as far as that goes so has eric bischoff.To all of those fans of that other wrestling,eric was the one that created the concept of thier last ppv-the elmination chamber.Yeah that was his idea.And as flair goes, sometimes i just get tired of the same old (and i mean old) antics of flair.Yes the guy is one of the best and proberly the best on the mic.But ultimate-is it "abyss" or "the abyss".And flair's segmant was a little over the top but than all of his has been on tna.So yes leave russo and bischoff to do all the major storylines and all the rest can have there say and do the minor storylines.The problem with letting nasg,angle and jarrett and foley get thier says is thier egos get in the way of the potential storylines as they want them in it.As much as i love hogan and as much as you love flair,do you really need to see them wrestle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateBengal View Post
I have to agree that the show was somewhat of a disappointment. Here's the problem in a nutshell....As you said, too many people to work into one two-hour program. And the creative situation is going to have to get mainstreamed very soon or this is going to continue. As I've stated before, you have Hogan and Bischoff overseeing creative and wanting certain storylines, Russo, Morgan and Ferrara doing the writing and wanting to use their ideas, then guys like Angle, Abyss, Flair and Nash all throwing their ideas into the hat! Way too many chefs in the kitchen!!! In my opinion, Bischoff and Russo should be the only guys developing storylines. Everyone else can just assist them in making it work!!! They also need a second show. With Impact moving to Mondays, they could keep the Thursday time slot for a second show. I think IMPACT should be for the main event talent such as Anderson, Angle, Joe, Beer Money, Etc. Then the second show could be for the X division and developing talent. That way you can focus on ratings with IMPACT and still maintain a following with the Thursday show. Just an idea!!And about the mic skills, they need to have Anderson, Flair and Hogan work overtime with alot of these guys! I don't care if you love or hate Flair, the guys been a master of the mic for over 30 years! And Anderson is without a doubt the best there is right now, IMO.
lambertlunaticfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 01:13 AM   #253
lambertlunaticfan
Bench Warmer

I just have to say after watching tonights tna show.That i am really hating "abyss".Now i should say i have never been a nig fans of his.But have not really had to deal with him that much.As he has never been in a real major storyline as he is now.And man that backstage segment with hogan that seemed to drag on for a hour was just f-n BRUTAL!!!!.That guys voice is just a whinning little babys voice and i just can not stand it.I actually had to turn the channel until it was over.If it was the survivor i would have voted off the island.Now i know all wrestlers talk in a "charectors" voice i realize that but that voice is just too stubid for me.I am not that smart but sometimes wreslting really insults some of the smarts i do have.And thats one of the times with this whole storyline.And with abyss saying hogans catch phrases and all that silliness makes me embaressed to be a wreslting fan.And that whole mr anderson mocking up as angle.Proberly would have played better if they would not have shown him coing out before he did.See the whole thing about getting over when mocking in that way is that the crowd doesnt know it until they see it.Its the elimate of that surprised reaction that gives you the biggest pop when doing that sort of thing.Just another terrible show.And please hogan vs flair-who honestly wants to see that.Yeah back in 1998 that would be great but come on.And the pope,you really are hanging onto that missnaming someone.I guess as dumb as i am am sometimes i am too smart for this sport.
Old 03-05-2010, 04:08 AM   #254
WH

Member Number:

You might be happy to hear that RVD has officially signed with Total Nonstop Arthritis.
Old 03-05-2010, 12:46 PM   #255
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398

Both TNA and WWE have gone down the same path. How many times can they screw over one wrestler? In TNA it's both Mick Foley and Jeff Jarrett. In the WWE in John Cena and Bret Hart. While I know the Hart thing will eventually end, it's another month before Wrestlemania, it's getting old. So I'm only thinking that Vince is going to let this one go over, and go over well that Bret will get his revenge and that will be the end of it. If Vince was smart with his money he'd keep Breat around to manage the new Hart Foundation.

As for TNA, stop all the drama BS. That stint with Flair and Hogan at the beginning and all the back stage antics. End it. Start wrestling or you'll never get off the ground against the WWE. And you think Vince can't prepare some high class matches to counter TNA on Monday night? Hogan better get his head out of his arse, same with Bischoff and the other writers.

As for Anderson mocking Angle, I thought it was great. But they've got to get away from the old DX style gimmicks. The problem being, there's not many story lines left out there that haven't been played out by the old WWF and WCW. The difference has to be the action in the ring and TNA just isn't utilizing their talent against each other. They've got enough wrestlers to steal the show. I can only hope that they are saving everything for their run against Monday Night Raw.

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 05:17 PM   #256
UltimateBengal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambertlunaticfan View Post
I just have to say after watching tonights tna show.That i am really hating "abyss".Now i should say i have never been a nig fans of his.But have not really had to deal with him that much.As he has never been in a real major storyline as he is now.And man that backstage segment with hogan that seemed to drag on for a hour was just f-n BRUTAL!!!!.That guys voice is just a whinning little babys voice and i just can not stand it.I actually had to turn the channel until it was over.If it was the survivor i would have voted off the island.Now i know all wrestlers talk in a "charectors" voice i realize that but that voice is just too stubid for me.I am not that smart but sometimes wreslting really insults some of the smarts i do have.And thats one of the times with this whole storyline.And with abyss saying hogans catch phrases and all that silliness makes me embaressed to be a wreslting fan.And that whole mr anderson mocking up as angle.Proberly would have played better if they would not have shown him coing out before he did.See the whole thing about getting over when mocking in that way is that the crowd doesnt know it until they see it.Its the elimate of that surprised reaction that gives you the biggest pop when doing that sort of thing.Just another terrible show.And please hogan vs flair-who honestly wants to see that.Yeah back in 1998 that would be great but come on.And the pope,you really are hanging onto that missnaming someone.I guess as dumb as i am am sometimes i am too smart for this sport.
I thought last nights show was a little better, but still a long way to go. The things I liked.....1-Anderson's imitation of Angle. I got to disagree with ya on this one Lambert, I loved it. Even though I knew it was gonna happen, I still laughed my ass off. He was dead on!!! 2-Foley's etiquette training. The look on the snooty ladies face, while trying to turn Mick into a "gentlemen", was priceless!! Again, LMAO!!! 3-Angelina and the Beautiful Peolple. Seeing Agelina get whipped with a belt made me a happy man! The Beautiful People are some hot, badass chicks. And Ms Love ain't too bad either! The things I didn't like.....1-Abyss!!! Agree with ya on this one Lambert! Get him off TV now!!!! Abyss is actually a good writer with a creative mind, but the guy can't wrestle, can't speak, and is annoying as hell!!! 2-The "Don't do it Hulk" line. Hulk, just stay out the ring period!!! You were brought to TNA to help with tv production and ticket sales!!! Not to embarrass yourself and the company in the ring!!! 3-The lack of airtime and storyline for Brutus Magnus. For those who aren't familiar with him, he is a great wrestler, has a terrific heel personality, and does a good job on the mic! These are the kinda guys that need to get pushed! Having him do run ins on Rob Terry matches is a huge waste of his talents!
Old 03-05-2010, 05:21 PM   #257
UltimateBengal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlrtruck View Post
Both TNA and WWE have gone down the same path. How many times can they screw over one wrestler? In TNA it's both Mick Foley and Jeff Jarrett. In the WWE in John Cena and Bret Hart. While I know the Hart thing will eventually end, it's another month before Wrestlemania, it's getting old. So I'm only thinking that Vince is going to let this one go over, and go over well that Bret will get his revenge and that will be the end of it. If Vince was smart with his money he'd keep Breat around to manage the new Hart Foundation.

As for TNA, stop all the drama BS. That stint with Flair and Hogan at the beginning and all the back stage antics. End it. Start wrestling or you'll never get off the ground against the WWE. And you think Vince can't prepare some high class matches to counter TNA on Monday night? Hogan better get his head out of his arse, same with Bischoff and the other writers.

As for Anderson mocking Angle, I thought it was great. But they've got to get away from the old DX style gimmicks. The problem being, there's not many story lines left out there that haven't been played out by the old WWF and WCW. The difference has to be the action in the ring and TNA just isn't utilizing their talent against each other. They've got enough wrestlers to steal the show. I can only hope that they are saving everything for their run against Monday Night Raw.
I couldn't agree more about the screwovers Truck! Move on to something new already!! Keep Hogan and Flair out of the ring, and let the young guys do their thing!!! I also agree about Anderson. The guy is funny as hell and is the best heel in the business today, IMO. He was totally misused by McMahon. Hopefully Bischoff won't do the same.
Old 03-06-2010, 03:08 AM   #258
lambertlunaticfan
Bench Warmer

And i just have to say as i forget to mention in my post after the tna show.That ric flair is the best by far "bleeder" in the buisness.I know its nothing that he does as it does not take talent to do it.But that show was great with it ending like that.And proberly the only great thing about it.He has always been able to bleed great.He was just caked in it.Some wrestlers are good at it and some are not in the art of bleeding.Hogan has always been terrible at it.I remeber when he doing his fued with kidman in the wcw and you could see him cut himself(oh no,did i ruin it for some people) before kidman hit him.He is terrible at selling it and more times than not he doesnt do it deep enough to where he hardly bleeds and you cant see it.Hvae you ever seen a wreslter go too far with doing it and you can tell they messed up.Vince mcmahon did it once and they were quick to get him out of the ring.It was a ppv where he wrestled-help me out "ultimate"again-the kid only had one leg and was used for just a couple of matched as he never went over.But anyway,mcmahon goes to hit him with a chair and has he by his head when he is on the mat and the kid jump kicks him and it just starts flowing and i think the kid kicked him too soon and di it when he was cutting himself.Anyway,the art of bleeding is done perfect but the nature boy for sure.
Old 03-06-2010, 03:19 AM   #259
lambertlunaticfan
Bench Warmer

ultimate-I guess we are just different type of people.As i just do not think any of those things you found to be funny were.I mean i have a sense of humor but its not at that level i guess.I am not insulting you believe me as thats the last thing i would want to do my friend.I just dont find school yard humor to be funny by adults.But i am older than you i am sure and thier target audience would find that type of thing funny.Like the people that found what that snowboarder logo did with the medal from the olympics would think its alright and funny to do that.Where i have a way differant thought about it.And i really did not find that foley segmant funny at all,just non sense to me.But we all find differant things funny.I just thought those segmants like the mr andersen thing (even though dead on and funny) has just been done before.And i really hate the storyline of that.But to his talent mr andersen sure is playing it well and its working for him.I just think some storylines are taboo and should not be done in fears that someone might mistake it for reality.But the beautiful people finally on the show saved that show for me.As i just LOVE VELVET SKY-DAMN!!!.But i want the orginal beautiful people back as i hate seeing angelina and velvet fighting like that.And i hate von eric as she can not wrestle at all.And i am surprised you said that about abyss as i thought you really liked him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateBengal View Post
I thought last nights show was a little better, but still a long way to go. The things I liked.....1-Anderson's imitation of Angle. I got to disagree with ya on this one Lambert, I loved it. Even though I knew it was gonna happen, I still laughed my ass off. He was dead on!!! 2-Foley's etiquette training. The look on the snooty ladies face, while trying to turn Mick into a "gentlemen", was priceless!! Again, LMAO!!! 3-Angelina and the Beautiful Peolple. Seeing Agelina get whipped with a belt made me a happy man! The Beautiful People are some hot, badass chicks. And Ms Love ain't too bad either! The things I didn't like.....1-Abyss!!! Agree with ya on this one Lambert! Get him off TV now!!!! Abyss is actually a good writer with a creative mind, but the guy can't wrestle, can't speak, and is annoying as hell!!! 2-The "Don't do it Hulk" line. Hulk, just stay out the ring period!!! You were brought to TNA to help with tv production and ticket sales!!! Not to embarrass yourself and the company in the ring!!! 3-The lack of airtime and storyline for Brutus Magnus. For those who aren't familiar with him, he is a great wrestler, has a terrific heel personality, and does a good job on the mic! These are the kinda guys that need to get pushed! Having him do run ins on Rob Terry matches is a huge waste of his talents!
Old 03-06-2010, 04:32 AM   #260
supa_fly_steeler
Banned

Member Number: 15332

Quote:
Originally Posted by WH View Post
I love how no one gives a shit about Michelle McCool no matter how much heat she tries to get.
i liked her intro when she wiggled her booty

supa_fly_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote