Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Sports Dimension


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...
Bills
GAMEDAY
September 11, 2014, 8:25pm ET
CBS
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-06-2010, 10:11 AM   #261
WH
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Member Number:
Default Re: The Pro Wrestling Roundtable

She can't draw heat though. If you watched the Elimination Chamber ppv, when she came out, the arena was silent besides her enterance music.

I don't know why you guys think that Bischoff, Hogan, Ferrara, and Russo can take the same product they failed with at WCW and somehow compete against the WWE. They either need to live in the now, or walk away.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 01:37 PM   #262
UltimateBengal
Banned
 

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Ohio
Posts: 645
Gender: Male
Member Number: 15469
Thanks: 11
Thanked 45 Times in 25 Posts
Default Re: The Pro Wrestling Roundtable

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambertlunaticfan View Post
ultimate-I guess we are just different type of people.As i just do not think any of those things you found to be funny were.I mean i have a sense of humor but its not at that level i guess.I am not insulting you believe me as thats the last thing i would want to do my friend.I just dont find school yard humor to be funny by adults.But i am older than you i am sure and thier target audience would find that type of thing funny.Like the people that found what that snowboarder logo did with the medal from the olympics would think its alright and funny to do that.Where i have a way differant thought about it.And i really did not find that foley segmant funny at all,just non sense to me.But we all find differant things funny.I just thought those segmants like the mr andersen thing (even though dead on and funny) has just been done before.And i really hate the storyline of that.But to his talent mr andersen sure is playing it well and its working for him.I just think some storylines are taboo and should not be done in fears that someone might mistake it for reality.But the beautiful people finally on the show saved that show for me.As i just LOVE VELVET SKY-DAMN!!!.But i want the orginal beautiful people back as i hate seeing angelina and velvet fighting like that.And i hate von eric as she can not wrestle at all.And i am surprised you said that about abyss as i thought you really liked him.
Lambert-I'm not exactly a young pup my friend, as I'll turn 40 in a couple months! But as far as the humor, I tend to enjoy anything that can bring a smile to my face, whether it be of a juvenile nature or of the grown up cerebral variety. For me, just the idea of Mick becoming sophisticated makes me laugh! As far as the Angle-Anderson storyline, it is Angle who's actions aren't funny at all!!! He is trying to do the Cena thing by invoking the troops. Give Anderson credit, as he has flipped it brilliantly, IMO. As far as Abyss, I do like him as a creative consultant, because he's very good at it. As stupid he acts on screen, he is really very intelligent off screen. But as an on air personality, he's like nails on a chalkboard!!!

On a different topic, I saw a great piece on ESPN Classics the other night about the origins of "hardcore" wrestling. It showcased the real innovators of hardcore like Abdullah the Butcher, Maddog Buzz Sawyer, Roddy Piper, Bruiser Brody, Ray Stevens, and Stan Hansen. These guys were doing hardcore matches, shedding blood and breaking bones long before Foley, Dreamer, Sabu, and the rest of the so-called hardcore legends. I wish the old school guys would start getting more credit for paving the way!!!
UltimateBengal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 08:11 PM   #263
lambertlunaticfan
Bench Warmer
 
lambertlunaticfan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 397
Member Number: 10642
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: The Pro Wrestling Roundtable

ultimate-Assumming you were younger than me was in no way ment as a insult to you so i hope you did not take as that.I was just trying to explain that we all have different kinds of humor and not too many things done in wreslting have made me laugh.I guess i am different as i dont watch wrestling for my humor and i don't watch it for my fix on woman as its obviously some on here do.I watch if for the wrestling.But dont get me wrong as i do find some antics in storylines funny.As mr anderson always brings a smile to my face thats for sure.And i have said it before on here and me and you have discussed this storyline and what angle is doing.And you know i feel the same way as you do as i have expressed that to you.And you know how i feel about the phony cena doing that.And as i have said on here also i think mr anderson gets all the credit for even making that storyline work.As he is really great at flipping it and making it go over.So i already give mr andersen credit,i give him all the credit.And as i have already expressed on here about abyss is the same thing you just said about that whinny voice of his and that whole charector of his is just annoying to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateBengal View Post
Lambert-I'm not exactly a young pup my friend, as I'll turn 40 in a couple months! But as far as the humor, I tend to enjoy anything that can bring a smile to my face, whether it be of a juvenile nature or of the grown up cerebral variety. For me, just the idea of Mick becoming sophisticated makes me laugh! As far as the Angle-Anderson storyline, it is Angle who's actions aren't funny at all!!! He is trying to do the Cena thing by invoking the troops. Give Anderson credit, as he has flipped it brilliantly, IMO. As far as Abyss, I do like him as a creative consultant, because he's very good at it. As stupid he acts on screen, he is really very intelligent off screen. But as an on air personality, he's like nails on a chalkboard!!!

On a different topic, I saw a great piece on ESPN Classics the other night about the origins of "hardcore" wrestling. It showcased the real innovators of hardcore like Abdullah the Butcher, Maddog Buzz Sawyer, Roddy Piper, Bruiser Brody, Ray Stevens, and Stan Hansen. These guys were doing hardcore matches, shedding blood and breaking bones long before Foley, Dreamer, Sabu, and the rest of the so-called hardcore legends. I wish the old school guys would start getting more credit for paving the way!!!
lambertlunaticfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 09:23 PM   #264
supa_fly_steeler
Banned
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: They call me bruce wayne batman cape crusader
Posts: 3,647
Gender: Male
Member Number: 15332
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: The Pro Wrestling Roundtable

Quote:
Originally Posted by WH View Post
She can't draw heat though. If you watched the Elimination Chamber ppv, when she came out, the arena was silent besides her enterance music.
if that was michelle that was because too many people are fixed at staring at her



wrestlemania is near!!!!!!

will undertaker finally lose? I heard he was suppose to quit last year after 25 but the script was leaked online and they had to change it.

I see theres the hitman vs mcmahon... is this a rematch of how mcmahon screwed him out that past decade ago? hmmmm is this gonna be a good wrestlemania tempted to buy it and watch. The last Wrestlemania i watched was Wrestlemania 20 (One of the Best IMO)
supa_fly_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 11:46 PM   #265
lambertlunaticfan
Bench Warmer
 
lambertlunaticfan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 397
Member Number: 10642
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: The Pro Wrestling Roundtable

Michelle is not very liked backstage as she got alot of heat when she was dating the undertaker (and think she still is dating him) but she thought cause he was a big name that she deserved the same respect as him.And i don;t think undertaker will lose yet as i know hbk is looking to leave to retire or maybe tna.So i think that is his way out.I actually heard they changed the outcome of that match last wrestlemania during the match when they heard how much undertaker was going over.Which is not uncommon to flip the script during the match as that also happen during that rock vs hogan match at wrestlemania.I can not believe people are not tired of that same old gimmick of the undertaker.I mean how gross is grandpa sticking his tongue out like that..But alot of people like that other brand,and i am trying to respect that and won't rip on it as we all have our favorites.And i think the best wrestlemania that i was most entertained by was wrestlemania 22,that edge/foley match was great.And as i know you are all about the women,how about lita.I miss her, she was at her hottest with edge.
Quote:
Originally Posted by supa_fly_steeler View Post
if that was michelle that was because too many people are fixed at staring at her



wrestlemania is near!!!!!!

will undertaker finally lose? I heard he was suppose to quit last year after 25 but the script was leaked online and they had to change it.

I see theres the hitman vs mcmahon... is this a rematch of how mcmahon screwed him out that past decade ago? hmmmm is this gonna be a good wrestlemania tempted to buy it and watch. The last Wrestlemania i watched was Wrestlemania 20 (One of the Best IMO)
lambertlunaticfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 11:50 PM   #266
lambertlunaticfan
Bench Warmer
 
lambertlunaticfan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 397
Member Number: 10642
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: The Pro Wrestling Roundtable

Hey ultimate-LOVE that new picture thing of yours!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateBengal View Post
Lambert-I'm not exactly a young pup my friend, as I'll turn 40 in a couple months! But as far as the humor, I tend to enjoy anything that can bring a smile to my face, whether it be of a juvenile nature or of the grown up cerebral variety. For me, just the idea of Mick becoming sophisticated makes me laugh! As far as the Angle-Anderson storyline, it is Angle who's actions aren't funny at all!!! He is trying to do the Cena thing by invoking the troops. Give Anderson credit, as he has flipped it brilliantly, IMO. As far as Abyss, I do like him as a creative consultant, because he's very good at it. As stupid he acts on screen, he is really very intelligent off screen. But as an on air personality, he's like nails on a chalkboard!!!

On a different topic, I saw a great piece on ESPN Classics the other night about the origins of "hardcore" wrestling. It showcased the real innovators of hardcore like Abdullah the Butcher, Maddog Buzz Sawyer, Roddy Piper, Bruiser Brody, Ray Stevens, and Stan Hansen. These guys were doing hardcore matches, shedding blood and breaking bones long before Foley, Dreamer, Sabu, and the rest of the so-called hardcore legends. I wish the old school guys would start getting more credit for paving the way!!!
lambertlunaticfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 07:48 AM   #267
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter
 
stlrtruck's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 8,783
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2398
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: The Pro Wrestling Roundtable

Well tonight starts the head to head and right now I don't think TNA will take enough ratings away from WWE to have a huge impact. They're going to have to change on the fly, and change quickly.
__________________

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 08:24 AM   #268
supa_fly_steeler
Banned
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: They call me bruce wayne batman cape crusader
Posts: 3,647
Gender: Male
Member Number: 15332
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: The Pro Wrestling Roundtable

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambertlunaticfan View Post
Michelle is not very liked backstage as she got alot of heat when she was dating the undertaker (and think she still is dating him) but she thought cause he was a big name that she deserved the same respect as him.And i don;t think undertaker will lose yet as i know hbk is looking to leave to retire or maybe tna.So i think that is his way out.I actually heard they changed the outcome of that match last wrestlemania during the match when they heard how much undertaker was going over.Which is not uncommon to flip the script during the match as that also happen during that rock vs hogan match at wrestlemania.I can not believe people are not tired of that same old gimmick of the undertaker.I mean how gross is grandpa sticking his tongue out like that..But alot of people like that other brand,and i am trying to respect that and won't rip on it as we all have our favorites.And i think the best wrestlemania that i was most entertained by was wrestlemania 22,that edge/foley match was great.And as i know you are all about the women,how about lita.I miss her, she was at her hottest with edge.
Lita was hot and had nice aboves but Ashley Massaro was money

[YOUTUBE]cXxSywDcSsA[/YOUTUBE]

Why can't those WWE stars just do porn lol joke

Last edited by supa_fly_steeler; 03-08-2010 at 08:53 AM.
supa_fly_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 09:43 AM   #269
WH
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Member Number:
Default Re: The Pro Wrestling Roundtable

I think you're all forgetting about Christy Hemme.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 11:26 AM   #270
supa_fly_steeler
Banned
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: They call me bruce wayne batman cape crusader
Posts: 3,647
Gender: Male
Member Number: 15332
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: The Pro Wrestling Roundtable

Lol naw this is where the awesomeness is at



Dam she looks like a **** but i dont care

ps. did anyone ever win the gm of the year award on smackdown vs raw 2009 or 2008 or 2006 it was so impossible.
supa_fly_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts