Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Sports Dimension

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 04-22-2010, 01:31 PM   #321
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Member Number: 6891
Default Re: The Pro Wrestling Roundtable

Good call on the triple threat with Hardy and RVD and AJ, I'd watch that match.

I kind of liked the Shamus angle the WWE was pushing, I'd love a Shamus Swagger match for the belt. Two heels always draws my attention.

I want Big Pappa Pump and Buff Bagwell to come back to TNA and beat the snot out of everyone. That would be classic. Including kicking the crap out of "the band" I'm sick of them already. Any group that has Six Poc is a losing group in my opinion. Effing 1,2,3 Kid has no business running around with Hall and Nash.
Old 04-22-2010, 02:00 PM   #322
WH

Member Number:

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlrtruck View Post
Me too, but never count out outside interference (DeBiase and Rhodes) or someone else that Orton has 'pissed off' the last few months.
They appear to be taking DiBiase in a different direction. Although after the second match with Christian. He hasn't been anywhere. Rhodes would be the more logical choice.....but Rhodes sucks

Quick Rant

I think the WWE is shitting on the Tier two belts. By Tier two I mean US and Intercontinental. Each show has 10 Superstars, easily who could be in rotating story lines for those belts.
Old 04-22-2010, 06:53 PM   #323
WH

Member Number:

Mickie James and other WWE Superstars released
Written: April 22, 2010

WWE has come to terms on the release of WWE Divas Mickie James and Katie Lea Burchill as well as Superstars Shelton Benjamin, Kung Fu Naki, Slam Master J and Jimmy Wang Yang as of today, April 22, 2010. We wish them the best in all future endeavors.

http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/superstarsreleased
Old 05-05-2010, 12:48 PM   #324
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

anyone updating this discussion? Anyone catch any of the Acts lately? I've missed the last couple weeks and was coming in for an update...what gives?
Old 05-05-2010, 01:36 PM   #325
WH

Member Number:

TNA is running with their legs between their legs back to Thursdays. and next week it's rumored that Hall and Nash are to become TNA tag champs

Smackdown:

Edge turned heel on Smackdown (even though the crowd didn't know) it had to be the weakest heel turn ever.
Christian came out when Edge was saying goodbye to Smackdown and said (i'm paraphrasing to shorten it down)
Christian: You're a liar, you don't care about these people
Edge: Yes I do
Christian: No you don't
Edge: Yes I do
Christian: No you don't
Edge: You're right, I hate all these people
::punch punch kick kick roll out of the ring::
The crowd was incredibly silent.

Swagger is getting good heat as the heel champion, Big show is now a face and is the no. 1 contender for the Smackdown title.

Mysterio and CMpunk are still arguing, Rey still sucks on the mic, while Punk is still amazing on it.

Drew Mcyntire was stripped of the IC title by Theo Long for beating on matt hardy backstage

Raw:

Edge and Orton are Feuding, the WWE wants Orton to be the next Stone Cold it's not even funny.
Hart Dynasty is the new WWE tag champs. Miz is still aaaaaawweessssoome. it appears that they are going to tag Miz with Jericho together as, hopefully, mizicho.
Cena is burying all the heel's, as usual (booooo)
Sheamus is a bad mother effer, fella! 5 pump kicks to HHH at extreme rules. (now HHH can go make his movie that he stole from Batista)
Batista is no. 1 contender for the WWE title, but his contract is nearly up.
Dibiase Jr. is toating around the million dollar belt and feuding with John Morrison, their matches have been good.

did i miss anything?
Old 05-07-2010, 05:18 PM   #326
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Thanks for the update WH!
Old 01-08-2011, 07:54 AM   #327
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398

thoughts to come later. But basically both companies suck right now.

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 09:49 PM   #328
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206

Wrestling SUCKS right now and the stories are beyond stupid. I only see it now at a passing glance in channel changing.
Horrible. No one interesting. It's funny....the only time anyone care's whats going on in the WWE is when they bring back one of the big 80's/90's stars (Michaels. Austin, Undertaker, etc...). No one cares about John Cena, Randy Orton, HHH Hunter Hearst (i only succeed because i married the bosses daughter) Helmsley and any of the others. They can't give the memorable interviews either.The last great wrestlers were the Austin, Rock, Rob Van Dam era in the very early 2000's. I can tell Vince McMahon part of what the problem is but he wouldn't hear of it : they don't have the "characters" anymore and go with almost exclusively young, lean, ripped, bodybuilders. Instead of standing out like a Lex Luger used to or an Ultimate Warrior, they ALL look the same and are completely un-interesting.

There will never be another run like the early 80's up until about 2001 or so. Flair, Luger, Hogan, Steamboat, Sting, Andre, Savage, Bret Hart and on and on and on. I can't even count TNA, its horrendous at best.
I actually feel bad for real fans of wrestling. They have nothing anymore. Once in a while i visit some of the wrestling websites to see whats going on and its actually pitiful watching the editors/fans trying to write and talk about whats going on today (which is basically nothing interesting whatsoever...)
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 12:10 PM   #329
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

I'd have to agree TDH, as of late both companies have sucky story lines and their wrestlers don't have the skills to run the mic like Rock, Stone Cold, HHH, and Shawn Michaels.

At least TNA has a reason, they've got some younger wrestlers who are still green. But even the experienced ones in TNA suck at the mic and at carrying a show.

As for WWE, they don't have the talent they had when they took over WCW. Vince's own greed reduced the talent pool.

Old 02-04-2011, 07:36 AM   #330
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Big Poppa Pump back to TNA! While he's a bit older, he still carries himself old school style. I liked his entrance the other night.

However, TNA still isn't using their talent pool well. As for WWE, I watch it now just out of boredom and to see if they're doing anything new. There's just nothing there like there was with The Rock, Stonecold, HHH, etc.